The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6928)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 02-01-2015

Good morning all and welcome to a new week and a new month. Can't believe it's February already, but it is and we'll have to accept that. Temps today will be just a bit chilly for us, but no rain in the forecast. Not much yesterday so I guess those folks celebrating the sports occasions outdoors had a fun day. Today's the big day for the big game. I say "big game" because I heard that since the NFL has the copyrights and/or trademarks on the phrase, "Super Bowl", one must get permission to use that term, otherwise it's lawsuit time. Many businesses here have to resort to using other terms when referring to the game rather than paying what amounts to extortion to the NFL. I can see enforcing not selling anything labeled with "Super Bowl" or the official Super Bowl logo on it, but to just put up a sign saying, "Come buy our pizzas for your Super Bowl party" should not be considered an infringement on the NFL's rights. But apparently, it is, and the Super Bowl police are out to make sure you don't use it....without paying them a tidy fee, of course...

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 02-01-2015

Good Morning Blue
Only news today is the snow. Guessers say up to a foot or more by tomorrow morning.
It is our first big snow this winter so we can't complain too much.
24 degrees and no train news.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Steamtrains - 02-01-2015

ezdays Wrote:Good morning all and welcome to a new week and a new month. Can't believe it's February already, but it is and we'll have to accept that. Temps today will be just a bit chilly for us, but no rain in the forecast. Not much yesterday so I guess those folks celebrating the sports occasions outdoors had a fun day. Today's the big day for the big game. I say "big game" because I heard that since the NFL has the copyrights and/or trademarks on the phrase, "Super Bowl", one must get permission to use that term, otherwise it's lawsuit time. Many businesses here have to resort to using other terms when referring to the game rather than paying what amounts to extortion to the NFL. I can see enforcing not selling anything labeled with "Super Bowl" or the official Super Bowl logo on it, but to just put up a sign saying, "Come buy our pizzas for your Super Bowl party" should not be considered an infringement on the NFL's rights. But apparently, it is, and the Super Bowl police are out to make sure you don't use it....without paying them a tidy fee, of course...

I presume this only applies if it is used for commercial purposes..??
I'll say Super Bowl as much as I want.....
Super Bowl ,Super Bowl ,Super Bowl , Super Bowl ...You get the idea... Misngth

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 02-01-2015

Morning all. Sunny and warm. Rain by dark. Wallbang Sunday School and then BoJangles for a biscuit. Have a great week ahead.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 02-01-2015

Steamtrains Wrote:I presume this only applies if it is used for commercial purposes..??
I'll say Super Bowl as much as I want.....
Super Bowl ,Super Bowl ,Super Bowl , Super Bowl ...You get the idea... Misngth

Yeah, I'm assuming the same thing, I didn't count the number of times I've said "Super Bowl" in my last post, but if I were to be fined by the NFL each time, I could be in deep do-do... The same goes for our local newspapers and TV stations. To be sure, you wonder if anything else is going on in the news but the Phoenix Open golf tournament and the
2285_ SUPER BOWL!!!!! Shoot It's deflating to say the least... Icon_lol

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 02-02-2015

Good morning all, and happy Groundhog Day to you all. I wonder, if everything is frozen in Punxsutawney, will Phil even come out to see his shadow? Apparently he did and there was enough sun peaking though that we will indeed have six more weeks of winter.

I'm glad to see the media attention is now focused on the other side of the country. Super Bowl %$&#*@ is now in the history books. I didn't see too much of the game, we watched a movie and I'd switch to the game once in a while to see how it was going. As usual, we got to see some highly-paid player doing some sort of a weird dance in the end zone when he did something that he is being paid big, big bucks to do. Wallbang He caught the ball and made a touchdown. Whoopee, isn't that in his job description? Can you imagine, calling a plumber to fix a leak and he does a dance around the kitchen when he does what you're paying him to do. 35 Or the gardener runs around the yard acting like a chicken pointing at himself to show everyone that he just finished all the yardwork. Misngth That's one of the big reasons I've lost interest in professional football, and I'm concerned about the influence it has on today's youth. Sad

Anyway, I guess we can now drive down the 101 freeway or downtown without getting stuck in traffic. It still might take a few days to clean up the mess and all that festivity construction. I think we'll stay home for a few more days, just in case.... Icon_lol

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 02-02-2015

Morning all. Rainy. They say clearing around noon with high winds. First Monday of the month which means meetings all day and tonight.

Have a good one.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 02-02-2015

Good Morning Blue
Sun and 12 degrees.
Only news here is a 24 hour snow storm.
I have snow up to my Yatzee.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 02-02-2015

Greetings, gang.

Sunny and -6 this morning with a predicted high of +13.

We picked up about 10 inches of snow from Saturday night through about 8 o'clock last night. Only 6 more weeks until spring and this all melts.

On tap for today is chemo and a trip to the grocery store.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - BR60103 - 02-02-2015

The snow on the driveway was higher than my boot so we stayed home. The administration started on our street during Jeopardy and I did a bit of touch up afterwards. At least there's a clear spot for the garbage bins tomorrow.
So no newspapers today and I didn't even try for the mail.

We had a garage door appointment for the afternoon, but a phone call saying that they'd told all their installers to go home.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 02-03-2015

Good morning everyone. Lots of snow, sleet and sub-zero weather in a lot of North America, not so here. Had they waited a week to have the Super Bowl, they'd be greeted with temps in the 80's. We talked to my wife's sister who lives in upstate New York and she says that it's not the snow as much as it is the cold. I hate to bring it up again, but I really think this fortifies my heat distribution theory. 357 357

Speaking of the Super Bowl, just one last comment. The game was played at the "University of Phoenix Stadium", leading one to believe that this is where the University of Phoenix plays all their football games. Well, they might if they had a team, but like just about every other sports venue, they simply bought the naming rights. The stadium is owned by the City of Glendale, but leased by the Arizona Cardinals and therefor, it's the Cardinals that get all the revenue from the stadium's use, including the naming rights fees. The names on a lot of these venues chance frequently, so someday, if we could amass a few million bucks every year, the Cardinals, or some other team could be playing in the Big Blue Stadium..... Yup, just a few million bucks a year can help support your poor local NFL teams. 35

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 02-03-2015

Morning all. Sunny and chilly. Warming. Lunch meeting and gun store. Got to get ready to go to Bass Pro Shops, Charlotte [Concord Mills] Thursday. Run by the new Lionel Factory Store a few blocks from hotel.

All you with snow, hope removal is easy. Stay warm and safe. No heart attacks shoveling/plowing.

Have a good one.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Sumpter250 - 02-03-2015

I'm not going to say how deep the snow is here in the Chicagoland area..............but I did have to install a periscope in the car so I could see where I was going. There's a few inches more predicted for today.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 02-03-2015

Good Morning Blue
Sunny and 10 degrees.
Official Detroit snowfall, 16.7 inches. With 2/3 more expected by Wed. morn.
It took all day and help from family to get us clear to the street.
Then the snow plow came by, and back to clearing again.
We are good to go this morning.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Canadian Atlantic Railway - 02-03-2015

I just finshed cleaning up 2-3 feet of that nasty white stuff and the plow came along to dump 4 feet at the end of the driveway Curse