The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6928)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 02-14-2015

Good morning all and a Happy Valentines Day to you and your loved ones. Nothing special planned for us, possibly dinner out somewhere that we like and that'll be it. Today is also Admissions Day here in Arizona. It's been 103 years ago that Arizona became a state. I was watching an episode of the Pickers the other day and they had a photo that was supposed to have been taken right after the Civil War. There was an American flag in the picture and it didn't look quite right so I froze the scene to count the stars and there were 48 of them. :o Since we were the 48th state to join the Union, I'm guessing that this photo had to have been taken long after the Civil War, after 1912 for sure. Little things like that are interesting to catch.

Today we should break a record. The forecast for Phoenix is 86, the old record is 83. Here in Surprise we should at least tie our old record of 84. How they can determine different temperatures just 20 miles or so apart is still puzzling. :? I don't mean to rub it in to those living back east, fighting yet another blizzard, I wish you the best.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 02-14-2015

Morning. Cold in Richmand VA. Working Bass Pro Shops this weekend. Cold and wind chills real cold. Ugly 4 letter word [snow] mentioned for this evening. Tomorrow horrible wind chills and temps never close to freezing. Will not stay long tomorrow. Head south to Rville. Forecast for Tuesday in Rville has the ugly 4 letter word in it.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 02-14-2015

Greetings, gang.

Partly cloudy, windy, and 10 in the remote reaches of northern Iowa this morning. The high for today is supposed to be 4 so not the best day to be outside. Also in the forecast is about an inch of snow tomorrow morning.

Sister-in-law and her husband are safely back home and today will be a day of rest. Absolutely nothing on the agenda today other than fixing meals as appropriate.

Don - beautiful scenery. I would like to get there to see it sometime.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 02-14-2015

AF350 and Tom: Thanks, the scenery there is breathtaking, those are only what you can see from the Chapel. Those red rocks go for miles all around the area. Sedona has a really strict building code and even commercial buildings must blend in. McDonald's wanted to have their famous golden arches on their signs, but had to settle for what you see in this photo in order to get a building permit.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 02-15-2015

Morning. 14 in Richmond VA. Wind chill at -6. Off to the store and then home in a few hours.

All stay warm and safe.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 02-15-2015

Greetings, gang.

Cloudy and 3 this morning outside my window. High for today is supposed to be about 12. Warmer tomorrow (25) then turning cold again.

Yesterday was a very quiet day. I did start painting some picture frames for My Fair Lady and about the only thing on my agenda for today is to finish that project.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Sumpter250 - 02-15-2015

Icon_twisted Icon_twisted Mornin' from "Chicagoland" Big Grin
There are Three temperatures here, in the winter; There's COLD, COLDER, and FREEZE YOUR :o :o :o OFF - - - - -
This morning it's " FREEZE YOUR :o :o :o OFF " :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

A good day to sit at the "nice warm workbench", and build something. Cheers Cheers

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 02-15-2015

Good morning all. No record high temps the past few days like they said, but now I am confused by the Weather Channel alert I just received. There is now a 40% chance of rain here in surprise this morning, but not a trace forecast for Phoenix, just a few miles down the road. Could it be that all that traffic on the 101 freeway is keeping the rain clouds from moving that way? Dunno, I just wait and see regardless of what they say in their reports.

Hope everyone had a fine Valentine Day yesterday. Heart-shaped boxes of candy should be marked down by 50% today just to clear the shelves and make space for the Easter candy. :o

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 02-15-2015

HONE!!!!! How great that is.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Canadian Atlantic Railway - 02-15-2015

We have had a really wild day. Blizzard conditions with 45-75mph winds and whiteouts so bad I couldn't see the house across the street for most of the day. My wife went to work at 7am and was supposed to be off at 7pm but is storm stayed so I guess she won't be late for work tomorrow 35

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - BR60103 - 02-15-2015

Temp is now -24C which works out to -11F.
We had a bit of snow the other day and even with 2 nights in the garage, there is still a bit of snow on the car.

I've been laying out the entrance special work for Exeter (St Dayle's) station. Today I marked the switch piont locations and drilled the 1/2" holes for the mechanism -- then remembered that I dont have that many of the Rix Racks that need the big hole. I'm not sure what to use on the rest of them.
The Village Opera group has been showing our DVDs of Leonard Bernstein's Young People's Concerts -- remember those from the 60s? We actually had about a dozen not-so-young people brave the cold to see today's pair, even though one was on Mahler.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - AF350 - 02-16-2015

Forgot what the temp is but the wind chill here is -14 F.

Getting ready for the work day, hope truck will start this morning. Will not be back on-line till 4:30 to 5:00 pm there about.

All stay warm today.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 02-16-2015

Morning all. Cloudy and cold. Suppose to get snow by late afternoon turning to sleet. Sad Got to get errands run by noon. Then hunker down.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 02-16-2015

Had snow. Now sleet and freezing rain. Nope

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 02-17-2015

Good morning everyone. Sorry to hear how some of you are being hit with yet another round of bad weather. I see record snow depths and sub-zero temperatures and we think how grateful we are for not having to deal with that. Not to brag but we're heading out to the desert this morning for some target shooting. We've gone out the last few times on a Saturday and we had to leave a bit early each time because of people setting up way too close to us and then setting up their targets right in our line of sight. The last time we were out, two guys got out and asked if it was OK for them to set up next to us. We said OK and a few minutes later, they came back with a second vehicle full of people, probably ten in all. It was obvious that there were inexperienced shooters in the group, so we left. This should not be a problem during the week, which is a nice perk to have when you're retired.