The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6928)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 02-17-2015

Greetings, gang.

Clearing and 12 with a high of 14. Tonight the winds pick up and the temps go down. Wind chills for tomorrow are supposed to be -20 to -30.

On tap for today is a trip to Menards and Walmart. The rest of the week will be just staying inside.

Sympathy for the Chief - having to suffer through the cold weather.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 02-17-2015

Morning. Sleet all night. Stopped now but cloudy. Lucky. No freezing rain like down east of us. Forecast for above freezing today changed late last night. Now saying thaw some tomorrow but then dropping fast. Temps by Friday AM 0. Yanks can have your cold weather back. No thanks for sharing.

Later.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - scribbelt - 02-17-2015

Hello, I'm a new member of this forum, my name is Serge and I live in St-Lazare Qc, about 30 min. west of Montreal and about 45 min from Hawkesbury Ont.

My main interest is modeling an Ho scale 12x13 transition freelanced layout.
At the age of 6, I received as a Christmas gift an O gauge Lionel train set, kept it for quite a few years, built a 4x8 layout with real dirt and rocks including my Eldon race track set.

I started HO model train modeling in December 2009 after I gave up Discus fish breeding.

For the moment my layout does not have any landscaping, the reason being is that it will be moved to an other location in the basement in a couple of years from now.
I have quite a few buildings on my layout, mostly plastic kits, I have one Craftsman kit and intend to build a few more.
Most of my buildings have lighting ,shadow boxes and some have interior scenes.
I will eventually post some photos of my buildings.

A special thanks to Dr. Wayne who encouraged me to visit this forum, I was really impressed with the pertinence of the posts and available information on the forum.

Thank you for letting me join this forum and I hope I will eventually meet other fellow modelers to exchange ideas, visit layouts, swap stuff etc,
I'm quite alone in my neck of the woods, luckily I have my wife who supports and encourages me in perusing my accomplishments in this wonderful hobby.

Have a nice day.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - AF350 - 02-17-2015

Welcome Scribbelt Welcome

I gave up raising tropical fish( livebearers mostly swordtails and platies) quite a few years back along with baseball cards to focus on model/toy trains.

I rode the Algoma Central to the Agawa canyon back in 87 or 88.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 02-18-2015

Well, good morning everyone. Didn't make it to New Orleans or Rio yesterday so I completely missed Mardi Gras this year. Somehow people in our area just don't have that spirit. I guess they were too busy with that horse-drawn Parada Del Sol this past weekend. Then again, they were probably still cleaning up after the Super Bowl revelries. Anyway, today is Ash Wednesday, the beginning of Lent. Time for all the stores to have sales on fish and all the restaurants to break out their fish sandwiches.

We did do some target shooting yesterday, but there was a stiff, chilly wind blowing most of the time. Most of our targets are plastic bottles with water in them to hold them down. Hit a bottle and the water leaks out, and then we were chasing them all over the desert thanks to the wind. Still, it's hard not to have a good time, no crowds around either.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 02-18-2015

Greetings, gang.

Sunny and a balmy -4 with a wind chill of -24 this morning in the remote reaches of northern Iowa. High for today is supposed to be about +6. By this time tomorrow morning it's supposed to be -9.

Serge - Welcome to the campfire.

No plans for today. Too darned cold to go outside.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 02-18-2015

Tom, thanks for sharing your lousy Yankee weather. :o Sunny and thawing now. Snow showers about dark and then temps drop. Highs for the next few days in mid teens. Lows close to 0. :cry: Later.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ngauger - 02-18-2015

Chief Eagles Wrote:Morning. Sleet all night. Stopped now but cloudy. Lucky. No freezing rain like down east of us. Forecast for above freezing today changed late last night. Now saying thaw some tomorrow but then dropping fast. Temps by Friday AM 0. Yanks can have your cold weather back. No thanks for sharing.

Later.
Chief -- We have to send it somewhere, why not South???? Icon_twisted

We hate it too, even for us it's too darn cold!!!!! And I'm afraid to look at my heating bills!!! Eek Eek

ngauger Wrote:Chief -- We have to send it somewhere, why not South???? Icon_twisted

We hate it too, even for us it's too darn cold!!!!! And I'm afraid to look at my heating bills!!! Eek Eek

I'm sure the only way you could get it down there was by train, hand shoveled on gondola cars 357 357

Now, I'm not bragging mind you, but that darn A/C in the car kicked on the other day :o ..... Just giving you the facts.... Misngth

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Sumpter250 - 02-18-2015

ngauger Wrote:- - - - - And I'm afraid to look at my heating bills!!! Eek Eek

I'm not afraid to look, I am afraid of the battle I will have with my checkbook, when I try to pay them ! Thumbsup Thumbsup

The "up side" to all of this ??? you might ask? The "SNOWMAN" population doubled in the last 48 Hours !! Eek Icon_twisted Icon_twisted

Sumpter250 Wrote:...The "up side" to all of this ??? you might ask? The "SNOWMAN" population doubled in the last 48 Hours !! Eek Icon_twisted Icon_twisted

Uh, so did our "SNOWBIRD" population here... Tongue

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 02-19-2015

Greetings, gang.

Sunny and cold this morning at -8. High for today is supposed to be in the mid teens. Then some snow tonight and warmer tomorrow. Then back in the deep freeze for the weekend.

Chief - always happy to help out a forum member.

Yesterday I got My Fair Lady signed up for supplemental health insurance. Also got a stray charge removed from my charge card bill. On tap for today is a trip to the gym this morning. This afternoon will be hair pulling time as I start sorting out the medical bills so I can file my income tax.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Charlie B - 02-19-2015

We have 3 below this morning and to go to 14 below tonight. I have to say TSS. I have had enough trains in the snow.
We have at least a week of this way below normal weather. Hoping to get out for a day or two but I won't leave the house unattended in this weather.
Stay safe everyone.
Charlie

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 02-19-2015

Good morning all. We were out early and man, the sunrise was outstanding. Temps in the mid-80's for the next few days, then dropping into the 70's with some rain in the forecast for later on in the week. I shudder when I see the news on the weather in other parts of the country, Boston especially. Someone asked one of the newspaper columnists in or local newspaper, "why don't they build a pipeline from the northeast to the southwest and just melt the snow and pipe the water where we can use it?" 35 We'd better hope that one of our politicians doesn't get that same idea, or we'll be faced with spending billions on feasibility and environmental impact studies. Wallbang

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 02-19-2015

Busy day so far. Cold and windy. Teens. Single digits by tomorrow AM. Then slowly warming until Sat. Then rush up to 55 by Sunday morning. Crazy weather.