The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6928)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ngauger - 02-19-2015

The only thing that wuld make this weather any more bearable would be to hear the very cute local weather guesser say something to the effect of:

Well, it's going to be stinking cold tonight and even more stinking cold tomorrow!!! Smile Big Grin

It's at 13 now with a wind chill of 3 .... and tomorrow morning (in 9 nours) it suppoed to tie a record with 1 degree and wind chill of -15. Believe me, like Lewis Black says: It's so cold that you can't even complete a sentance in your mind.....

I have to get gas, so I'll g... DAMN it's COLD!!!! Shoot

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 02-20-2015

Good morning folks, got to tell you that I'm truly sorry to hear about all the weather problems back east. If you remember, a few days ago I talked about my theory that there is a finite amount of heat on the earth and so when it's freezing cold with below zero temps and wind chills in one area, it's got to be above average high temps somewhere else. You can only guess where that is. 2285_ Yesterday, the heater was on in the car when we went to breakfast, and the A/C kicked in when we were out in the afternoon. Big Grin I'm sorry, but I think all the flights to Phoenix are booked solid for at least the next two months. Sad To be sure, I think baseball Spring Training starts next week, and that's always a big draw even when there's not intolerable amounts of snow and ice in other parts of the country. I wish you all well, things have to change soon for you all.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 02-20-2015

Tom, you won. 8 this AM. High today 22. Then warming tomorrow through Sunday [55]. Schools still closed due to back roads and street in subdivisions still got icy spots. Town business today.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 02-20-2015

Greetings, gang.

Sunny and 16 this morning with a high (depending on which forecast you believe) will be somewhere around 30 to 37. Tomorrow will be a little cooler. Then on Sunday it's back to the freezer compartment of the fridge.

Chief - believe me. it's not something I wanted to win at. I have a great deal of sympathy for those (including myself) who are dealing with unusually cold weather.

On tap for this morning is a trip to the gym. This afternoon it's time to change the oil on both cars.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ngauger - 02-20-2015

Well, it was 1 degree this morning in the Diamond state of Delaware and the Philadelphia area. The wind chills were around Minus 15. When I got to the warehouse (work)... it was a beautiful (not) 42 degrees inside Eek

My office was a reasonable (compared to outside) 63. It's supposed to get all the way up to 17 today, then in the 20's tomorrow with around 3 inches of that cursed white stuff overnight, changing to rain by Sunday morning. We are counting the days until spring (March 20th) It can't come soon enough!!!!

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - AF350 - 02-20-2015

Forecasted 6 to 8 inches snow overnight tonight here.

Todays activity keeping warm, laundry, keeping warm, loading and unloading dish washer, still trying to stay warm. living room thermometer says 68.7 F. Outside still below freezing at some point cold is cold and a number just causes anxiety. I am scheduled for noon shift tomorrow if roads are ok will be there if not may reschedule.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 02-21-2015

Good morning everyone, I hope you've got neat plans for this weekend. I still get this chill when I see videos on TV about the snow and ice and sub-zero temps that around half the country is dealing with. The newscasts yesterday were filled with these images, icicles dripping 10 feet tall, mounds of snow too high to measure and accident after accident on the slick roadways. Then, for some reason, they follow those reports with field reporters interviewing people sitting poolside in their hotels and out playing golf or hiking our hills. I don't know if any of these images get back east, but that's really rubbing it in by our Chamber of Commerce if they do. No, I think it's the airlines and hotels that are looking for more people to come here that do that.

Anyway, I wish you all the best for the weekend, and hope these storms finally move on, or just cease entirely.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 02-21-2015

Greetings, gang.

Partly sunny and 18 this morning in the remote reaches of northern Iowa. High for today is supposed to be 24. Then the temp goes downhill by late this afternoon. Low tomorrow morning is supposed to be -3.

Got the oil changed on both cars yesterday. Seemed to take forever. Normally an easy job. Next project wi;; be t take the used oil to the recycling center. Nothing on tap for today.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 02-21-2015

Morning all. Breaking away from Tom's spell. Warming and will continue warming right on through the night. 50's and showers tomorrow. PD Chief's retirement party at noon.

Have a good one.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Sumpter250 - 02-21-2015

I'm not going to "brag" about how cold it is here in Northern Illinois, and even if I'd want to, I don't know exactly how cold it is out there.
My outdoor thermometer :o " died of frostbite " Eek Eek Icon_twisted

Oh ! I think I have found something that I will never model - - - - - a "snow scene". My HO scale snow blower can only move a third of a "prototype flake", per hour.

Enough of that. It could be worse, I could be back up on the coast of Maine.....where my grandfather lived....and where He said, "Up here, there's only two seasons, Winter, and the Fourth of July" Wink Big Grin Big Grin

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 02-22-2015

Greetings, gang.

Sunny and cold this morning. Right now it's 3 headed for 4. Not gonna be a nice day. I've heard people say it's nice to see the sun but I'd rather have it cloudy and warm than sunny and cold.

Nothing on the agenda for today.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - mr bachmann - 02-22-2015

hi everyone , its been a long time since I have posted , with hospital visiting and sorting/helping out at the in-laws ,
weather here is rain and windy , no snow yet but just in case it arrives on the N scale RR been scratchig a plow ...

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 02-22-2015

Afternoon all. Partly sunny and in the 50's. Wow, broke Tom's spell over the freeze. Thumbsup Hope all doing OK. A muddy mess here. Better than frozen.

Mr. Bachmann, great job.

Hope all have a great week ahead.

Later

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 02-22-2015

Good Sunday morning to you all. I hope your weekend is going well for you all. Yeah Chief, that's going to be a big problem once the rest of the country thaws out. Glad though that at least parts of the country are having normal weather. For us, we're suppose to have a 50% chance of rain tonight and 70% by tomorrow. Last week our temps were well above average, putting us in the high 80's a few days, tomorrow it's suppose to only get up to 68, well below normal. This time those TV ladies are on the same target as the Weather Channel, so we may actually see some rain in the next few days.

We watched "King Kong" the other night, we found the DVD in a used bookstore. Pretty neat graphic work for a picture that was shot over 80 years ago. No CGI back then, but still neat to watch. Thumbsup

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - rtraincollector - 02-22-2015

Okay sense the freeze has gone away for a few days ( it's not suppose to get this cold in the deep south that's why I moved here Curse ) any way wish I could share today's weather with you all so you could thaw out some like I'am it hit 60 today with rain but its dropping back down some next week but not as bad as you all are having and I really feel for you all even thou I grew up in it I do not care to be part of it any more. I hope this all finds you doing well MR. BACHMANN nice job on that n scale caboose into snow plow your better than me they are just to dang small for me to set up let alone work on. Great job thou.