The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6928)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 02-23-2015

Good morning all, here we are, not even 6:00 yet and the thermometer is reading 60. Quite cloudy, but we seem to have missed the rain that was forecast. Not to worry, we still have some scheduled for today...or so they say. :? As usual though, they leave themselves more than enough wiggle room that they're right no matter what the weather turns out to be. And yes, we sure could use some of that moisture that's hitting you folks back east, send it by, just warm it up a bit before you do. I'm in no rush to go out and buy a snow blower or thermal underwear. Nope

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 02-23-2015

Greetings, gang.

Sunny and very cold outside my window this morning. Right now it's -8 headed for a high of +17 this afternoon.

On tap for today is some shopping followed by a trip to the gym. Chemo tomorrow.

Don - in exchange for some warmed up snow can you send me some heat?

Frank - what magic spell did you use? I could really use it about now.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 02-23-2015

Morning. Rainy and cooler but above freezing. They keep trying to add a little frozen stuff off and on all week. Nice thing is, not suppose to amount to anything .

Off to meet a realtor at lake house. Got to sell that thing. No need spending money on that thing when you don't use it.

Have a great week.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - rtraincollector - 02-23-2015

Afternoon all. okay now I'm really Curse There talking the possibility of that white stuff tomorrow. Glad to see all seem to be doing okay. I'm doing okay my self. Things are looking better in a small way so there's a start. not much else going on here. Have a good day all.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 02-24-2015

SURPRISE SURPRISE. Snowing hard. At midnight, forecast said dusting and high 33. Now they say streets covered and high 30. Schools delayed at 7 and now closed. Buses turned around and taking kids home. Mess. That's NC weather in the winter.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 02-24-2015

Good morning all. Well, we came close to it snowing here, well, if it wasn't in the 60's when the moisture came down, it probably could have been snow. 357 Instead, we did have a bit if steady rain for a while. I usually equate the "chance of rain" to the amount of rain we should see. When they say "20%", I figure a light rain, but 70% should be a downpour, but I guess it doesn't work that way. Nope Anyway, we did have rain here yesterday and the snow was kept up to the north part of the state where it belongs. It's a bit chilly and windy out right now, so I'm guessing that it's still snowing up around Flagstaff and the White Mountain areas.

I wish all of you living in those areas with minus signs next to your weather, all the best. I see one horrendous cleanup bill coming up for you folks. About the only people with smiles on their faces are the auto repair shop owners.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 02-24-2015

Now been changed to SNOW STORM. Temps forecasted 33. 21 and dropping. Snowing hard. Tom's fault. Getting even with us for thawing out. :o

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - TX_CUMMINS_6BT - 02-24-2015

Hey guys been a long time but thought I would drop in and say hello from TX. Just waiting to for it to thaw out so i can get a few more days in at work before my big move.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 02-25-2015

Greetings, gang.

Gloomy and 19 degrees outside my window this morning. We are predicted to get anywhere from 3 to 10 inches of snow, depending on which forecast you believe.

Frank - I was going to box up some snow and mail it to you but since you are getting some (snow, that is) I won't need to.

Chemo yesterday was fairly routine except for the delay. Our regular doctor is on vacation so the other doctor had to double up and got a little behind. Took about 45 minutes longer.

Today is going to be a fun filled day of watching the snow fall. It's supposed to be over by this evening so I'll be outside running the snow blower after supper. Supper will be a pot of chili and some homemade corn bread.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 02-25-2015

Rain, wet snow or snow in inches? They don't know. Right now, sunny and warm. Melting fast. Hope all are doing OK. Tom, prayers its working.

Later.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - mr bachmann - 02-25-2015

its so nice to here you guys on about the weather ( Nope ) over here in my part of the UK its nice and sunny and not windy 45f great for February Thumbsup

now I'm going to put my foot in it - I have been away for some weeks and looking back through the posts cant find any thing from Running Bear , has any thing happened ?

Alan

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Charlie B - 02-25-2015

RB passed away just before Christmas. We all miss his posts.
Charlie

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 02-26-2015

Good morning all. Things are about to get a bit wet here starting tomorrow night right up through Wednesday. Right now, they're giving Sunday a 90% chance of rain. I guess that's all that melted snow we've been asking for. Those folks to the north of us still have to contend with the frozen kind though.

A lot of those living up in the northern part of the state are not only battling the snow, like others around the country, but they were without cable, phone service and Internet for most of yesterday. Seems as if someone was able to go down a manhole just north of Phoenix and cut a fiber optic cable on purpose, cutting of service to most of the northern part of the state. Now, it bothers me that all this service from one provider depends on one cable and that communications with the rest of the word can be severed so easily. Think about it, just how many people had to live without Facebook or Twitter for all those hours and how many couldn't stop by here and visit Big Blue Eek Still, it just shows how vulnerable our nation's communication network is and you wonder how to protect against something like this...

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 02-26-2015

Morning. Dodged the bullet. Only 3 or 4 inches of snow. Wet stuff. DOT has plowed and plowed. Streets in good shape. If we could get sun now, they would dry off. Will refreeze tonight if not clean. Power outages north and west of us. We have been lucky so far.

later

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - mr bachmann - 02-26-2015

been shopping this morning left the car at home and got some exercise , finally got moving dam arthritis has found its way to both feet - still keep popping the pills and rub on the cream/gel . The joy of old age creeping up !!!
the weather is calm and mild , nice for February , no sign of rain but its on the forecast .
I have decided to start a thread in the layout section , because I've decided to have a change around and go down the Kato route ( ? 35 Nope )

Alan