The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6928)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 07-11-2014

Good evening. Didn't do much today. I watched some 'American Ninja Warrior' this morning. The nurse called a little before noon and wanted to meet me at my fathers place at 1:30pm. So I cleaned up then went down there at 1:02 with a couple bags of laundry and got them started. The nurse was late. She showed up at 2:15. She checked me out then changed the wound vac dressing and that was that. I waited there until the clothes were dry and came back home. I then watched a couple of A-Team episodes then went out to make a video of my drive around the loop. Making the video was simple. Uploading it was a bear! My upload speed is only 0.52 mbps. Snails pace by any other name. I tried three times on Photobucket. First time it failed. Second time the power went out right in the middle of the upload. Third time it failed again. The heck with Photobucket. I went to Youtube and uploaded it there. It took an hour to upload a two and a half minute video and I couldn't do anything on the computer for that hour. Google blocked anything else from running. The video finally uploaded and I wasted no time publishing it and posting it on the forums I go to.

Time for me to call it a night. See y'all tomorrow.

[Image: P1012625.jpg]

[Image: P1012541.jpg]

[Image: DSCN6690.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 07-12-2014

Morning all. Sunny and warm. Not much going on but messing with Home Depot over getting another brand of washer and dryer. The LG washer messed up yesterday. Refused replacement dryer. HD working on pricing of Samsungs. We'll see.

Hope all have a great weekend.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 07-12-2014

Good Morning Blue
We have sun and an expected hi in the 80s today.
Forecast on TV, late storms will bring our temp down for most of next week.
No global warming here.
Granny's out doing some shopping for #4 grandson's birthday.
A phone chat with Charlie and an online chat with RT last night.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 07-12-2014

Good morning. It's 82° with 78% humidity. The high will be 95°, cloudy and a fair chance of rain.
[Image: condmc-1.jpg] with [Image: cond50.jpg]

Not much going on here. Worked on the IIc early this morning. Got the 'L' key working properly. It no longer double clutches or sticks. Just needed a little more cleaning and TLC.

I relabeled the keys on my PC keyboard. I do that periodically because the original gray on black is hard for me to see. I'm somewhat colorblind and shades of gray don't show up well. I can see light gray and dark gray but many of the variations in between do some weird things like show up as silver, black or a color that isn't even related. I also have problems with some shades of blue. So I put labels on the keys that are bold black on stark white. I can see them easily but they wear out in one to two months and must be replaced. This time around I added a clear film on top of the black/white labels. This should make them last much longer.

I have no plans for the rest of the day but I'm pretty sure I'll find something to do.

[Image: P1012632.jpg]

[Image: P1012517.jpg]

[Image: P1012482.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 07-12-2014

Good morning all, today is warm (anything under 110 here is considered warm by us old timers), the TV weather gal gives us a 10% chance of rain, the Weather Channel is more realistic at 0%. We've been promised rain all week by these TV people, but they've been wrong by around 20-30% all week. They always have that buffer, "well, we said there was only a 30% chance of rain", best they say, "there's a 70% chance that it won't rain"... 35

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 07-12-2014

Got thunderboomers rolling through east to west. Looked at the radar and they don't look like much. Been watching some old movies today. So far 'Mad Max', 'The Delta Force' and 'Earthquake'.

Good evening. It's a nice night out. Temp is 78 with 85% humidity with a 5mph southeast wind. There's only a 20% chance of rain.

Not much happened here today. I worked on the IIc this morning. Got the 'L' key working properly. The little Apple now works perfectly and thanks to a soak in a 6% hydrogen peroxide solution the case is a nice buff white. The 'old age' yellow went bye-bye! The hydrogen peroxide burn on my right hand is almost completely gone. I spent much of the day watching movies and surfing the net. Didn't play any games.

[Image: P1012467.jpg]

[Image: DSCN1608.jpg]

[Image: DSCN6664.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 07-13-2014

Good morning all, got up kinda early today, here we are not even 5 AM yet and it's pushing 90. The Weather Channel just sent me a note saying that we're looking at T'storms starting in about 10 minutes, the same goes for Phoenix. It looks black out there, but hey, it's early yet... Promises, promises....

We pick up another kitbuild challenger, Green_Elite_Cab jumped in, so just remember, it's not too late, there's still plenty of time to finish even a complex project. Give it a shot, it's too hot outside anyway.... 357

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 07-13-2014

Good morning. It's 75 with 91% humidity. The high will be 95°. Cloudy with a fair chance of rain.
[Image: condmc-1.jpg] with [Image: cond40.jpg]

Not feeling good today so I probably won't be on much. Looks like I won't be able to get the van running right or get a large van or full size pickup to replace it so that has me depressed too. I've already had to postpone, reschedule or cancel a number of important appointments because I had no way to get there and back. An appointment that was cancelled was to get my prosthesis refitted so it's more comfortable and won't try to eat my knee for it's lunch. I ended up having to make a number of small modifications myself. It's better but I still get friction burns. I can't even go grocery shopping when I want to. I have to wait until someone else is going. Well, enough of that.

Looks like today will be committed to rest. I have no plans to do anything and I mean nothing.

[Image: squirellmassage1.gif]

[Image: gonecrazy.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 07-13-2014

Good Morning Blue
We have a very muggy 72 degrees.
Last nights thunder storms went just enough south to miss us.
Nothing going on in my train world except the nightly chats.
Some pizza and ice cream at Grandsons Bday party, I didn't eat too much so I am still good to go.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 07-13-2014

Got a call from my father. We've found a 318 at the local scrap yard. Supposedly in good condition with a ninety day warranty. He says he'll pay for getting it installed provided I buy it. The purchase price is $600. Right now, at this moment I have $50 on hand.

[Image: gonecrazy.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 07-13-2014

Afternoon all. Hot and humid. No rain today they say???? I'm cooking red potatoes/onions and squash/zucchini/onions to take to oldest house for afternoon meal. [everyone loves my veggies, seasoned with bacon drippings Wink ] Stopping at BoJangles for chicken.

Good luck with he engine, RB.

Have a great week.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 07-13-2014

Greetings, gang.

Sunny and 79 degrees with about 50% humidity, a very comfortable evening. Our overnight low is supposed to be in the upper 50s with a high tomorrow of 69, downright cool for this time of year.

My Fair Lady and I have been busy the last couple of days. We have two walls and the ceiling painted in a spare room. Still need to paint the other two walls and the crown molding. Then we need to assemble the book shelves and the library will be complete. On the front porch we finished caulking today and tomorrow we'll start painting it. Only two walls and the ceiling. The other two walls are screens (storm windows in winter).

As I'm typing this our oldest son is en route to Kenai, Alaska. From there he will visit an offshore oil rig. The work assignment came up late this past week. This is the same one who went to Indonesia last year. He has only a short leg to go and he will have traveled completely around the world. The funny part is that he is not fond of flying, hates flying in helicopters, and really hates flying in them over water. On the other hand, he really likes his job.

Tomorrow My fair Lady and I will start painting the front porch and probably start painting the other two walls in the library. Also need to run to the store at some point to pick up bread and a few other staples.

All stay safe.

Tom

Good evening. Cool but very humid here. 73°/91%. I was out earlier making another Youtube video. This one demonstrates how difficult it can be to get the engine to crank on a cold start. Sometimes it won't crank at all. This time it did, barely. It's at the end of this post but ahead of the photos at the bottom. It'll be a click link called 'Van Start'. Now that you know that you know what to avoid if you don't want to see or hear it.

Nothing done on the computer or train front today. I watched a few movies though. 'A Man Called Sledge', 'Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home', 'Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country', 'The Train'.

Van Start

[Image: P1012441-1.jpg]

[Image: P1012409.jpg]

[Image: P3302351.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 07-14-2014

Good morning. It's 72° with 94% humidity. The high will be 95°. Cloudy with a fair chance of rain.
[Image: condmc-1.jpg] with [Image: cond40.jpg]

Nothing special going on today. I'll be calling the scrap yard with some questions about the 318 they have. Other than that I'm waiting on the Home Health nurse to call. Other than that no plans.

[Image: P3282310.jpg]

[Image: P3242230.jpg]

[Image: P3162141.jpg]