The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6928)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - mr bachmann - 03-01-2015

A Pinch And A Punch - its the first of the month Cheers and a happy St David's day to all Welsh men world wide .
Very windy here , just noticed rain on the window , they say March comes in like a lion and goes put like a lamb .

train and due to high winds our level crossing is closed again Curse , with all the new regulations a couple of years ago they fitted new motors to the gates , modern reg's only allow certain voltage and HP from motor , thus in windy weather the motor can not cope Goldth , now the union's wont allow a man to assist because a helper on another crossing was entangled with a Automobile and enjoyed his stay in hospital Nope , but the Network Rail have promised new Telescopic gates Icon_lol , but we have to wait until 2017 Wallbang , but the good news is the local town council are contemplating employing a man to assist in bad weather Thumbsup

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Sumpter250 - 03-01-2015

:oops: :oops: , and I thought all the "dunderhead dim-bulbs", were in American politics Eek Eek

Hey ! Look at it this way......we had "Watergate", you have "Crossing-gate" 357 357 357 357

"modern reg's only allow certain voltage and HP from motor. "

To ask the favorite question of most children.......WHY ???????????????? Wink Wink Cheers

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - rtraincollector - 03-01-2015

Evening all or what ever time it is to you where ever you all are been being absent again. Sorry Not much going on here have been diagnosed with Diverticulitis found out its in the family history ( thanks brothers neither one said a thing to me about it and both have it as did My mother who oldest tended to while she was in the nursing home. Any how my PTSD has gotten worst back a few months ago ( like 6 or 7 ) and seems to maybe beginning to calm back down a little time will tell, last night was a little rough but today has been on the good side so who knows. Getting some trains in ordered may win a engine that I can't run on my layout as it swings to wide if so I will have to adjust the layout a little not to much it will work I think just shorten my straight away's about 2" or 3" and should be fine. may have to redo some supports under the upper level hey that's why we do it right for the fun and knowledge we learn by doing it. It is one big engine thou counting the tender from front to end it's 32" long and then I have like 7 Passenger cars which are over 16" long to go behind it and a scale Boxcar between the tender and the passenger cars for one long train. Thank goodness my outer loop on my layout is O-72 the minimum that it takes to run this thing lol

Any way not much else going on suppose to get to 78 Wednesday so wife wants to goto zoo so I said yes I'll drop you off boy glad I still can duck quick. Goldth
Hope all having a good weekend Talk to you all later

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - mr bachmann - 03-02-2015

Well the above posting sum's life up , not much happening at this end - but its stopped raining Smile
Hospital visiting later today to see the son , there wont be much change , still starring at ceiling fed via tube - the list goes on ...... cant fault the doc's / nursing staff but only if the theatre staff looked at the quality of life for the future Wallbang

wrap up warm and take care .... Alan

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 03-02-2015

Good morning everyone. A wet one outside, just like they said. It's not raining now, but by the looks of it outside, it could start again any minute. Some of you back east found a way to get some of that snow over here. It's been snowing and raining up around Flagstaff, another 4-6" expected for today. Yeah, I know, some places are measuring in feet, not inches, but I guess the folks up there will take what they can get seeing as how the skiing season is still (or back) on. Temps here are not suppose to reach 60 today, but will get back to normal in a few days...

Have a great day and week.... Thumbsup

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 03-02-2015

Greetings, gang.

Sunny now but the clouds are moving in. Rain sleet, and snow start tonight. Could be an exciting trip to chemo tomorrow. 9 degrees right now headed for a high of 31. Same for tomorrow then the temps drop and the wind picks up with winds over 35 mph. On Wed, the high is only supposed to be 9.

My Fair Lady wants me to go to Hobby Lobby later today. Nothing else on the agenda so far.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 03-02-2015

Morning all. A lot warmer and no rain or frozen stuff falling for a change. Got meetings all day and into the night. Hope all have a great week ahead.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Sumpter250 - 03-02-2015

The "tooth" of March ..... and the level of the temperature kind of "puts a bite" in the wind out there. Still plenty of snow on the ground and bright sun with a slightly overcast sky. Another fine day for sitting at the table and building something.
I am "researching" all the photos I can find of a FRAM II Sumner Class DD, so I can start a 1:125 scale ( about 36" long, a 1:87 model would be about 4.3 feet long ) model of the first ship I served in. I'll be using a "Blue Devil Destroyer" kit hull as a starting point. It's already proving to be an interesting project. The QH50C Drone helicopter, will be a "bit of fun" scratch building ( I don't think there is a kit of that in 1:125 scale ).
I just might combine this and the "Tour Ship", when I start soldering up all the handrails. Wink Wink

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 03-03-2015

Morning. Low 40's and rainy after 61 degrees yesterday. High tomorrow 70's and then wintery mix Thursday. ?????? Crazy. Got Chamber dinner tonight. Have a good one.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - mr bachmann - 03-03-2015

"O' what a beautiful morning" (Oklahoma-Howard Keel) Nope , yeh' , its cold , windy , and wintery showers on the forecast !!!

To-days picture is the smallest church in England , St Andrews at Upleatham about 5 mile from my home , there are other church's that claim the same , but this one has a square tower , there are no more burials , as the last was in the 1960's in a family plot , and when the next generation died the family choose the then in fashion cremation , then it was repeated during 1980 and again cremation was the chosen way , and the deceased (spinster) having no direct blood relations the local parish council decided on closing the cemetery . With vandalism of late years the church is securely locked , occasionally the headstones get vandalised , and slowly the church grounds are becoming grassed over and well maintained .    

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 03-03-2015

Good morning to you all. It's been a wet one all day yesterday and through the night. They're talking about another foot of snow up north, making this a great season for skiing up in the Snow Bowl and the White Mountains. It looks like things are clearing up and from the reports, that storm is moving east to areas that are no strangers to snow Nope . I don't think it hit 60 yesterday, but the forecast calls for it to be in the mid-80's by this weekend. I guess it's good for tourism since baseball spring training games start today. One thing that these games bring is the promise that there will be no major street work for the entire month. That's a good thing since there is some good-size traffic backups near any of the ballparks. Oh yeah, the nearest ballpark to us is about two miles away so we make it a point to avoid driving on Bell Rd. anytime past noon this month. Yup, you can expect them to start tearing up the roads again come April 1st..... Wallbang

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 03-03-2015

Bachmann, shame folks will not respect historical properties like that. Wonderful photo.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Sumpter250 - 03-03-2015

ezdays Wrote:Yup, you can expect them to start tearing up the roads again come April 1st..... Wallbang

Eek Wink Icon_twisted 357
SO !!!! Now I know where all the "April Fools" are ! Wink Icon_twisted 357 357 357

The snow here last night/early this morning, covered up all the "open" spaces, so it looks just like "winter" again.
Just a little over two weeks, and it will be the first day of Spring. Smile I'm ready for some sunshine, and "GREEN". Thumbsup

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 03-03-2015

Sumpter250 Wrote:...The snow here last night/early this morning, covered up all the "open" spaces, so it looks just like "winter" again.
Just a little over two weeks, and it will be the first day of Spring. Smile I'm ready for some sunshine, and "GREEN". Thumbsup

Well, we'll have the "sunshine" coming up, but I'm afraid those folks in Washington have cornered the market on "green". At least I find them very stingy with it for us old retired folk. Icon_lol

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - BR60103 - 03-03-2015

Temperature, just now, by my computer is 0 degrees C (freezing point). My I/O thermometer says 0.5 which is almost 33 F. Otherwise, we had forecasts of snow, ice pellets, freezing rain, individually or all at once.

I'm laying a siding with my last pieces of Rapido's "Bendy Track". Looks nice, but it has scale spike heads and picking it up the wrong way pulls the rail out of its fixings. It's also a different code from my other tracks (code 83 vs 100 or 70). It works with Peco code 70 plastic joiners, but not the metal ones. It doesn't like the 100/70 compromise joiners, so the sequence is 100 - 70 - 83. It does come with a packet of 4 code 83 joiners per yard length.

Yesterday we fastened the TV to the wall. We'd always considered wall mounting a bit excessive, but the new cat was showing signs of wanting to climb it, so we felt it needed bracing. (like Mr Redneck's garage) I managed it with only one big mistake -- couldn't take off the peg below the TV so had to remount things one set of holes higher. It was a bit reluctant to come off the mount with only 2 of us lifting and no-one to unlatch it.