The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6928)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - mr bachmann - 03-11-2015

reading the above it looks like your politicians are like our lot in the UK Goldth

it was nice and sunny this A.M. but lunch over its clouding in , the weather girl promised rain , that aside its hospital visiting this afternoon .

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 03-11-2015

Good Morning Blue
We have sun, going to 50
The snow is finally melting but not fast enough to suit me.
All is well.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - AF350 - 03-11-2015

Hello all,

done some spring cleaning in the work bench area today and also built 2 electronic projects and repaired 2 others end result 3 out of 4 are up and running the 4th works I just do not know how to calibrate it yet 35 The cleaning was mostly to make room for some parts and supplies storage cabinets and to box up some uncompleted projects so that I can work on one thing at a time with out all the clutter.

Here are a few pics of the cleanup.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Sumpter250 - 03-12-2015

Aaaaarrghhhhh Eek I couldn't get my eyes closed fast enough :o Confusedhock: It's...It's...CLEAN and NEAT 8-)

I had to get my heart defibrillator out, to get it beating again ! :o Confusedhock: :? Wink
In the midst of all that CLEAN !!! how will you ever find what you're looking for !!! 357

-----------------------------

OK...............Having things organized, and in drawers isn't all that bad a thing. Thumbsup I try, but don't always succeed. :oops:

I only have one quick question..... which is quicker, cleaning and organizing the workbench?, or, one completed scratch build? Wink Big Grin

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - mr bachmann - 03-12-2015

looking at the above pictures we should hold a "tidy work top before and after competition" , that might take our minds off the weather Smile

"Yea , though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death , I will fear no evil" ... Psalm 23

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 03-12-2015

Good morning everyone. Yeah Pete, I agree. I just finished building a new workbench for my train room and it doesn't look that neat and it's only a few days old. :o Organization is the key here.....

Nice day yesterday, we were the only ones out where we go target shooting, so no one else to be concerned about. Thumbsup Temps were mild and the sky overcast, so we also had no worries about sunburn. I still get upset when I see how much garbage that others leave behind. Someone had brought a road barrier, it was at least 4' high with a large heavy base. To start with, they probably took it off of a road that was being worked on somewhere, so they had no right to it to begin with, then they trashed our shooting area by leaving it behind. We would have taken it away, but we had no place to carry it. There were other makeshift targets left behind as well, it's a pity that some people have no respect for others. Where we shoot is private property, and one day if people continue to trash the area, we'll find a fence around it and it will be posted as "NO SHOOTING ALLOWED"....Then these people will move on to trash yet another shooting spot. Curse BTW, our philosophy, and that of other responsible shooters, is to leave with more than you came with but it's hard when people bring large pieces of furniture, old TV sets, and even washing machines to use as targets. It's just a convenient way of getting rid of their trash without going to the landfill. Wallbang

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - AF350 - 03-12-2015

Sumpter250 Wrote:Aaaaarrghhhhh Eek I couldn't get my eyes closed fast enough :o Confusedhock: It's...It's...CLEAN and NEAT 8-)

I had to get my heart defibrillator out, to get it beating again ! :o Confusedhock: :? Wink
In the midst of all that CLEAN !!! how will you ever find what you're looking for !!! 357

-----------------------------

OK...............Having things organized, and in drawers isn't all that bad a thing. Thumbsup I try, but don't always succeed. :oops:

I only have one quick question..... which is quicker, cleaning and organizing the workbench?, or, one completed scratch build? Wink Big Grin

That is only the first 3 parts cabinets Misngth will be getting a few more later on.

As for which is quicker I will let you know as soon as I complete a few scratch builds Icon_lol

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Temps here got up to 58, suposed to be in the low 60's by friday with Fog and rain even a bit of flooding in low areas.

While taking care of some business I seen a young woman across the road from Columbus Steel Castings taking quite a few pictures of the track closest to the road going into the plant. Usally there is a beatup gondola being spotted there by either a trackmobile or a big four wheeled forklift, the switcher loco has not been seen there for quite some time.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The spring cleanup is an effort to make my work shop more functional as 3 hobbies are competing for the same space.

Model building(mostly trains but some SCI-FI kits as well), Electronics , and Computers old(vintage) and new.

Inorder to maximize usable space I will be getting a wall mount for a flatscreen monitor perferably one with an arm.

My hand me down laptop is now beyound my abbility to repair as the video portion of mother board is fried, it boots up but what is on screen is pretty garbbled Only thing worth saving is HDD and memerory modules. If I get a new laptop may hang on to the old one for a rainy day project to see what if any thing is salvageable componet wise.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - mr bachmann - 03-13-2015

well the weather has turned , its cold and damp .

there's something about been tidy , my late wife would think I was up to something - or even been treating my self to some new train stuff ( most of the time she was right Goldth ) .

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 03-13-2015

Good Morning Blue
We have some sun with temps around 50 today.
Level snow has all melted but the snow piles will last awhile.
As usual the potholes are big enough to swallow a car.
Nothing special for today, club meet tomorrow night.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 03-13-2015

Greetings, gang.

Sunny and 43 this morning with an anticipated high in the upper 60s again. Mild temps are expected through Monday before returning to more normal temps (low 50s).

AF - are you looking to pick up where RB left off, restoring old computers?

It's been a quiet couple of days around here and it looks to stay that way for a while.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - AF350 - 03-13-2015

FiatFan Wrote:AF - are you looking to pick up where RB left off, restoring old computers?

Tom

I have two vintage computers a TI 99-4A and an Apple IIc so far both are still in top condition, not too interested in restoring but if I find a computer system that is in working order at flea markets like commodore 64/128, Atari 800, TRS-80
etc. I would like to collect them as these were the main home computers on the market when I was growing up--I guess that makes me vintage as well Icon_lol

Speaking of Apple and restoring,

There is a place called apple rescue which is a scam for apple I-pads?

Also there is a company called Apple rescue of Denver which is legitimate and they restore and sell apple II up to Macintosh power books as well as accessories, books and even software.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Sumpter250 - 03-13-2015

The Streets, and most of the Sidewalks are clear of snow now, as are most of the flat open areas. What remains are the areas in shadow most of the day, and the piles left by street plows,and snow blowers.
I'll say no more about snow .... it is Friday the 13th Wink :o It was nice enough weather Yesterday, to get out for a walk in the neighborhood. Won't bee too long and I can get some comfortable bicycle time in again.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - AF350 - 03-13-2015

Good evening all.

Cool and wet as it is raining at the moment.

No modeling of any kind here today.

For dinner ham stake and a box of Red lobster cheddar garlic biscuits(was a special purchase at Aldi) the biscuit mix is about $2.00 and makes 10 to 12 biscuits depending on how big of a blob you make on the baking pan. They looked and tasted just like from the restaurant.

I have always wanted to scratch build a few steam locomotives, but there are a few places that make loco detail parts but not so much running gear and driver wheels and so on here in the USA. I have seen a few kits and parts in books and on the internet for 4mm OO scale and 7mm O scale in Britain. Also I found a book that is about scratch building locomotives in OO scale of British outline locomotives. I figure it is a starting place and the techniques should be able to carry over to bigger scales and North American trains. Will get a copy of book soon, but will not be building anything soon until I get some other projects completed.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - mr bachmann - 03-14-2015

another cold day but not frosty , the daily papers predict a icy artic blasts , but weather guy says no (well they would , wouldn't they?)

nasty cyclone in the pacific , lots of islanders dead - just overheard on the news ,

thought for the day keep warm and eat well Thumbsup

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 03-14-2015

Good Saturday morning to you all. I hope you've got a nice weekend planned, and that it works out that way for you. A lot of times things don't always go as planned, sometimes for the better though 2285_ .... For me, I have my train room workbench finished, now I'm building a storage shelf for underneath my layout. I've got a lot of small (4.5" x 7.5" ) plastic containers that I've saved over the years that will fit nicely under the layout for stuff that I had in separate containers that were sold during our, "moving" sale. Cost of this project is zero since I am using stuff I had laying around the workshop including some full-extension drawer slides.

Temp-wise, we're looking at a high of 88, not a record, but well above normal....