The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6928)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - faraway - 03-19-2015

Thanks for all the kind wishes. I am quite optimistic to master the new "profession" of a retiree. I had already the last five summers six month off to learn how to survive under close supervision of my little boss 357 It is a good feeling to become an old couple close together.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Charlie B - 03-20-2015

Reinhard, Day 2 of retirement..Now you can enjoy it. Today is Friday in case you forget. I now that because I have an Appointment today.
We have snow again this morning in eastern Ohio.    
Good day
Charlie

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - mr bachmann - 03-20-2015

cool picture Charlie , if you need snow cleaning Reinhard has plenty of free time Goldth

that apart got all set for the eclipse to-day welding goggles and one for the camera - then dam big cloud came and spoilt every thing Curse Wallbang Nope
all that over its a nice sunny day now !!!

Alan

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 03-20-2015

Greetings, gang.

Sunny and 30 degrees outside my window this morning with an expected high in the low 60s.

I finally started on my taxes last night. Looks like I'm getting most of it back due to high medical expenses last year. Good thing since the bills are rolling in for this year. No major plans for today.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 03-20-2015

Good Morning Blue
We have clouds and 34 degrees
SPRING ARRIVES TODAY... Welcome
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 03-20-2015

Good morning all. Sometime this afternoon, spring will be sprung. I guess that means that all the snow on the ground will magically disappear, Nope it also means that we here in the Arizona desert know that the 100+ degree weather isn't that far away. We got some nice rain and cooler temps most of yesterday, but I see where we are pushing 90 this weekend and getting to the mid-90's the next ten days. Icon_lol

Reinhard, welcome to the club. Welcome One thing to be concerned about is you will wonder at times where all that free time you used to have went. :o Yes, there are times I wish I was back working so that I'd have that leisure time for myself back. You will find out when you realize that your priorities change now that you're retired. Still, it really beats the daily grind of going to work even when you feel like staying home. 2285_

Ya all have a great weekend now..... Big Grin

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 03-20-2015

Long day. Town retreat. Where did we go? Town Hall. Not much of a retreat. Lots of hot air from one Commissioner. All BS. Curse Cloudy and chilly but not like earlier this winter. Later

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - AF350 - 03-20-2015

Cool pic Charlie,

No snow but cold rain here in central Ohio. Time to start seeds indoors here for tomatoes and peppers so they will be big enough to plant outside after the danger of frost has passed. I will also try some ground cherries(a type of tomatillo also known as husk tomatoes). Will also try some melons called plumb grannies. I will never plant Kush all squash again as they taste bad and takeover the garden and yard with vines and produce tons of squash that are too yucky to use Eek I like squash except for Kush all. Speaking of country(hillbilly) fruits and veggies a big old pie made of rhubarb and strawberries sounds good. Mom had patch of rhubarb growing at one time may be it will spring up this year.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 03-21-2015

Greetings, gang.

Sunny and 36 degrees this morning with and expected high of 50-55, depending on the forecaster.

Today I'm off to get rid of the accumulated yard waste from the winter. After that is a trip to Walmart for some basics.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 03-21-2015

Good Morning Blue
Cloudy and 42
Today I will do something I have become very good at.
Just goof off.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 03-21-2015

Morning. Cloudy and warming. Slower than forecasted to do so. Hope to prune grape vines [way behind as usually last of Feb.]. Have a good one.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 03-21-2015

Good morning everyone, hope your weekend is going well for you all.

Chief, kind of hard to grow grapes in our area (you've been here so you know why), but lots of folks have citrus trees in their yards. Many because their homes are built on former citrus groves and many builders chose to leave a lot of the trees. Sun City is one where the streets are still lined with old orange trees. Some charities, like St. Vincent De Paul go around and collect citrus to distribute to the needy. There's one type of tree that has been planted as decoration that is not eatable. We have ornamental orange trees that have a thick skin and are very pulpy and many tourists try to eat one. I guess they're also very sour, 'cause they don't get very far. Enough about that, I just hope the Chief's grapes are more eatable than those oranges. Big Grin

Our rain and low temps are well past us and we will be in the high 80's to mid-90's for the next few weeks at least. We were close to turning the A/C on a few days ago, and that seems a bit odd when a good portion of the country is still battling snow storms. :?

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - faraway - 03-21-2015

Good afternoon. I am trying hard to be a good retiree. Went shopping in the morning to get a paint rattle can for my lumber dealer buildings. Afterwards a short trip to the next forrest, a walk in the woods and a nice Cappuccino at the "Weiler Huette".
[Image: IMG_8362_zpsnfazuxqp.jpeg]
I got the Cappuccino at 11:30 am with fair sun and 57°. At 4 pm is it windy, cloudy and 44°. A good choice to spend the late morning Smile

ps. Home page of the "Weiler Huette" : http://www.weiler-huette.de/bildergalerie.html

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 03-22-2015

Greetings, gang.

Cloudy and 32 degrees headed for sunny and 54 but breezy.

Yesterday morning I got all my errands taken care of and even got the car washed. In the afternoon I made some oatmeal cookies (from a mix). Nothing planned for today.

Don - if you could make wine there, it would probably be a dry wine! Icon_lol

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 03-22-2015

Morning all. Cloudy and warm. May go to the lake house for another load. Back tomorrow.

Faraway, thanks for the nice drink.

Tom, hope spring ahs sprung for you.

Have a great week.