The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6928)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - mr bachmann - 03-25-2015

prayers have gone to Tom and family ,
here we are due for hospital discharge (son massive stroke) , but waiting for doc and social worker , either home or care - will keep you informed .
Alan

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 03-25-2015

Good Morning Blue
Tom sorry to hear that kind of news.
Never pleasant.
I have 2 brother-in-laws and a friend fighting for their lives. And a Sister-in-law in remission.
Sad very sad
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ngauger - 03-25-2015

Tom, so sorry to hear this awful news. I'll continue to keep you al in my prayers. As has been said - you never really know how these things can turn out. God bless!!

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - AF350 - 03-25-2015

Prayers for Tom and wife, and all others in need.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - AF350 - 03-25-2015

I bought some kits in O and S from Ye Olde Huff & Puff awhile back and they came in the mail today and was surprised to read the instructions on the flat car kits 2 of them each makes two cars the surprise is that the decking material is much longer then the 36 foot car it is for. So take four kits and use the cut off from the decking material add some scrap wood and a bonus 5th flat takes form 2285_ I have started the first flat kit(O scale) and while the glue dries worked on train station for awhile. Need to charge up camera battery, did get a pic or two of the Huff N Puff kit boxes and the first flat in progress.

Not all the kits are pictured here, they are reefers and box cars, B&O, PRR, Moxie, Bananas, and two sides only sets of Milky Way and Onion sets. Will start a blog later on of the Huff n Puff kit builds, the flats are undecorated where as the others are all pre painted except for the white metal parts.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 03-26-2015

Greetings, gang.

Thank you all so much for the kind words and prayers. It has been a long journey and may not be over yet. We will be exploring a couple of options later today but I really don't hold out much hope for those.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 03-26-2015

Good Morning Blue
Cloudy and 39 this morning.
No big news. Just checking in.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - mr bachmann - 03-26-2015

good day all , very windy over here ,

thank you guys for the supporting thought's , son moved to big hospital , getting re-assessment then talk of transfer back to stroke unit for physio' . The hospital where the stroke unit is , is closing and transferring to a new built hospital in a few weeks time , maybe this is the reason the docs are keeping him in hospital , in our area we have 2 care homes that carer for MS/cerebral palsy/stroke , but its bed availability .

take care you guys , Alan

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 03-26-2015

Alan, We wish your son the best for a quick and complete recovery. our prays and support are with you and your family, these things are never easy on anyone.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - AF350 - 03-26-2015

Warmish weather and rain is changing back to cold and maybe some snow Confusedhock:

The sever weather season here is soon to start, thunderstorms, hail and tornadoes typically start in early April threw about mid November when warm and cold air clash. With the record highs and lows bouncing back and forth it may be a particularly active storm season.

Cold in the basement and cloudy and damp outside may quit for the day and watch a DVD or two.

All stay warm dry and safe, EZdays stay cool and avoid the snowbirds Icon_lol

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 03-26-2015

Meetings all day today and tomorrow morning. Wallbang

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - BR60103 - 03-26-2015

Just a note (rather late) that Saturday is the home layout tour in the Kitchener area.
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.doubleheaders.org/">http://www.doubleheaders.org/</a><!-- m -->

The tour is self-driving. The registration is almost 300 km down the highway (3 hours solid driving) from the border at Detroit; closer to Buffalo.
Generally, you cannot do the entire tour if you actually go in to see the trains, so be selective.

The Free-Mo guys have rented the registration room for Sunday so they can have a longer setup.

I'm not on it, but one of the guys across the green is.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - BR60103 - 03-26-2015

Busy day. Dental cleaning in the morning.
Then off to pick up the internet radio. We took this in to the dealer in November because of problems that acted like a loose circuit board. They sent it back to manufacturer (or importer) in California. After 2 months, we called to ask about it and they hadn't got it back. Another month and we became persistent; dealer called California.
Finally, it transpires that the unit has disappeared on the return trip or somewhere.
It was arranged that we got a new replacement unit, which we picked up today.
Stopped at hobby shop on way back. I wanted KD #19s; Dayle found some railway themed coasters for the evening. And a bag of lichen.
Spent an hour making the radio talk to the router. Password, which I had to enter a bunch of times, is about 10 characters long, mixed upper, lower, and numeric, in no pattern, and it has to be entered by dialing along a string of characters.

Railroad club met here this evening. They seemed to appreciate what I had to show. That's what we needed the coasters for.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 03-27-2015

Good Morning Blue
Cloudy and 24 degrees. February is back.
Coldest day of the week and granny say's lets go get haircuts.
So of course we did.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - AF350 - 03-28-2015

Good early morning all.

I work the noon shift today, and found out that I am scheduled to work 1st shift Good Friday in place of 2nd shift Monday.

Been half hearted busy working on multiple projects at same time, will work till a stopping point and then pick up on the next project till it hits a stopping point and go back to the first one. With all this bouncing around from one project to the next I have been able to keep the newly configured work bench uncluttered and organized. Smile I guess I need to work more and make a mess to show progress Icon_lol

Here are some BFT rolling stock in S and O