The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6928)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 03-28-2015

Good morning all, here we are into yet another weekend. The older you get, the quicker time seems to move. From what I've read this seems to be the case because, when you're say, five years old, one week is a major percentage of your life, while when you're up into age 70 or so, one week is just a pip on your radar screen, a very, very small percentage of your total life. Now you all know what you have to look forward to...

Temps here are pushing records for the next few days. Today's forecast is around 97/98 and close to that though Tuesday. Crazy Normal for this time of the year is in the low 80's. It should be nice for those spring training games which still have another week or so to go. There's a ballfield about a mile from our house and a couple more about ten miles away, but I've yet to go to one of their games there. To be sure, I've been in Arizona most of the past 60 years and have never gone to a spring training ballgame. The opportunity has just not presented itself, plus I don't like the crowds getting in and out of places like that. Nope

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - mr bachmann - 03-28-2015

less of the 70 or so - that comes in a few months time Icon_lol , joking apart its wet and windy over here , its a stay indoors Saturday and play trains .

Don't forget British Summer Time begins at 2am to-night , clocks go forward one hour . (check for flight times)

Alan

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Charlie B - 03-28-2015

We have record Temps here in Ohio too. Record lows. It is getting ridiculous. The record for last night was broken and tonight's record is 13 and they are saying it will go to 11. Enough all ready.
Charlie

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 03-28-2015

Good Morning Blue
Yep no global warming in SE Mich. either.
22 degrees with a coating of snow on the ground.
I couldn't believe it although it does snow at times into April it's the friggin cold that won't break.
No plans for today, busy tomorrow.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 03-28-2015

Sunny and colder. Yesterday we had rain and shirt sleeve weather. Did it drop last night. Cold tonight and then a warming trend. No snow here.

Have a good one.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - BR60103 - 03-28-2015

We took a leisurely approach to the layout tour today. We went to 5 places. 3 were ones that I don't remember seeing before that were nicely done. One was a friend;s and we stayed a while and talked to his sister (another old friend).
One was new to the tour. Model of a railroad from Sarnia (southern Ontario) to the Maine coast. Layout went up 2 floors in the house with a half-dozen levels on each floor. He must be trying to reproduce every mile of the "prototype" -- and all hand-laid track, as far as I could tell. Minimal scenery as track is still going in.
Final visit was going to be in our neighbourhood, but he was taking his sign in as we arrived.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 03-29-2015

Good morning folks, I hate to keep talking about our early hot weather while a good portion of the country is still fighting the cold, but we did tie a record for yesterday and facts are facts. The next few days should be the same, high 90's before we get back to the high 80's. I just hope we don't start hitting those triple digits yet.

I've unpacked almost everything that I had packed thinking that we were going to move. Two not so good things. First, just about all of the structures I had saved have been damaged. That includes quite a few scratch-built ones. That's kind of disheartening, but even worse, I can't find the box that has all my different ground cover, ballast, gravel and different color lichen. Most were in plastic "shaker" cans and a few in larger plastic jars. The structures we damaged in storage since we probably stacked a few heavy boxes on top of the box they were in, but I haven't a clue where they missing box with all the other scenery stuff in it went. I can repair the broken structures and replace the missing stuff, but it does kind of add to the frustration of getting rid of my entire layout and having to start over again. :cry:

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 03-30-2015

Been gone to lake house for a load of bigger things. Took pickup. Cloudy right now and sorta cool. Suppose to be sunny and 61 by noon.

Checking back for the latest word on Tom and Mrs. No post since the other day. Hope "other option" works. Tom, did you see the thing on Duke using the polio virus to kill tumors?

Hope all have a great week ahead.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - AF350 - 03-30-2015

A little bit of sleet changing over to cold rain last night, today sunny damp with a cool breeze.

My book on how to scratch build locomotives came in will go and pick it up shortly.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 03-30-2015

Good Morning Blue
Sunny and 44 this morning. Windy though.
A busy Sunday, was glad to get home and into my real clothes.
No plans for the day. I have been running some trains now and then, kinda got away from my own as we have the club meets.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 03-30-2015

Good morning all, and a happy Monday to you all. Phoenix broke a record yesterday, it got up to 97. The old record was 95. Today should be a repeat, they say 96, which should be a record again. Temps here in Surprise vary by a few degrees and so does the records, but I have no idea just how hot it gets here in Surprise, since only occasionally do they give you those numbers on TV, and my outdoor thermometer is about as reliable as sticking your hand out the window to tell the temperature. Icon_lol

Chief, good luck on moving all that stuff. We had a cabin up in Prescott a good many years ago, and when we put it up for sale, it was a whole lot easier to just sell it fully furnished, TV and VCR included... No way was I going to try to move that stuff, plus we had no room or need for it elsewhere. Nope You're right about that "breakthrough". Let's hope it doesn't have to go through five or ten years of "clinical trials" before it's released for use costing some astronomical sum per dose. There was a recent article on some generic drugs going through the roof. One guy said he was paying just a few dollars a month for one drug he was taking and now it's up to over $1,000 for the same thing. Turns out these drug companies found that they can squeeze the public and raise prices a lot higher and still be under the price of brand names. Curse

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - mr bachmann - 03-30-2015

dry and cold , stay in and keep warm , photo for to-day the Transporter Bridge , Middlesbrough next town to us ...

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=4&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CDwQFjAD&url=http%3A%2F%2Fen.wikipedia.org%2Fwiki%2FTees_Transporter_Bridge&ei=aFgZVczVJdjuaOTngbgI&usg=AFQjCNE5PGwaGhdVgZSFXg9VLba1oEgdfQ&bvm=bv.89381419,d.d2s">http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j& ... 1419,d.d2s</a><!-- m -->

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=5&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CEQQFjAE&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.middlesbrough.gov.uk%2Ftransporterbridge&ei=aFgZVczVJdjuaOTngbgI&usg=AFQjCNEZGlC3X1e5N4xp74Fp4Kf1KveQ_A&bvm=bv.89381419,d.d2s">http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j& ... 1419,d.d2s</a><!-- m -->

clues to photo's ...
1. the bridge .
2 & 3. the gondola in 'flight' .
4. the beacon erected for the Queens diamond jubilee , these was lit from London 4th June 2012 and went around the United Kingdom and the commonwealth , from beacon to beacon . Transporter bridge in the background . (sorry for the lazy image , I cant get it upright 35 )

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - TrainNut - 03-30-2015

ezdays Wrote:Good morning all, and a happy Monday to you all. Phoenix broke a record yesterday, it got up to 97. The old record was 95. Today should be a repeat, they say 96, which should be a record again.

Chief, good luck on moving all that stuff. We had a cabin up in Prescott a good many years ago, and when we put it up for sale, it was a whole lot easier to just sell it fully furnished, TV and VCR included... No way was I going to try to move that stuff, plus we had no room or need for it elsewhere.

I'm not missing the Phoenix heat at all. It's a very tolerable week in the 60's up here with some rain and thunderstorms thrown in for good measure.

RE: moving expenses... Our recent move from Phoenix to Indiana cost us $13,000 JUST for the moving truck. All of our stuff occupied about 2/3's of a full size tractor trailer.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Sumpter250 - 03-30-2015

Wink That was only, approximately, $8.60 / mile (( Phoenix to the center of Indiana )), :oops: couldn't find Solsberry on my Multiple Application Positioning System.

:oops: Guess I need to upgrade my "soft"ware. (( Rand McNally '04 )) Icon_twisted Wink 357

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - TrainNut - 03-30-2015

Solsberry is basically an intersection with a general store, post office and a hair salon. It's about an hours drive SW of Indianapolis or 15 miles west'ish of Bloomington.