The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6928)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - AF350 - 04-01-2015

BR60103,

thanks for the translation. Just as a note the second book was a repro of a catalog from one of several companies that merged to become ALCO (American locomotive company). They sold to mining companies as well as railroads and stationary steam engines for industry.

In the book from Simon Bolton under the soldering section resistance soldering was briefly mentioned apparently the author had a bad experience, I can relate as I built my own resistance station which made two solder joints and then self destructed Wallbang may just get a ready made resistance setup one day but for now I have a hand full of soldering irons and two soldering guns(these would be overkill and hard to position accurately).

I can get brass and copper sheet metal not sure where to get nickel/silver sheets.

British outline locos kinda grow on you after awhile but the two I like best is one called a mallard? and the Flying Scotsman. I like the looks of the 3 rail stuff from ACE and even ETS equipment(Chek. republic manufacturer).

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ngauger - 04-02-2015

First day that the temps may reach 60 Applause Applause I know that's winter jacket weather for ezdays Smile Smile but it's close to T-shirt weather for us here!! Big Grin

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 04-02-2015

ngauger Wrote:First day that the temps may reach 60 Applause Applause I know that's winter jacket weather for ezdays Smile Smile but it's close to T-shirt weather for us here!! Big Grin

Yup, that's how you can tell the tourists around here. Shorts, T-shirts, tank tops, flip-flops and no jacket. The locals bundle up until it reaches 80+. 357 Right now it is still dark out and 60, and yes, I do plan on wearing a jacket when we go out, us old folk need all the protection we can find... Icon_lol BTW, there is a cold front coming in and we do not expect to get too much out of the 80's for a while. Nope

'Twas a nice day yesterday to go target shooting. No one else was there, but there's always traces of those that fail to take back what they brought. Curse Shotshells all over the place. I find it hard to understand the purpose of shooting a shotgun for target practice though, it's really hard to miss the target, that's for sure. 35 Shoot

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 04-02-2015

Noon all. Sunny and warm. Walked and then unscheduled meeting. Morning shot. Dr's apt later. Have a good one.

Into each life some rain must fall - Sumpter250 - 04-02-2015

This is for someone who shared my learning experience in model building, through all those Christmas Mornings, mixing the powered glue that came with those Strombecker models, and assembling them so our parents could sleep in after "making Christmas happen": Sad
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yesterday, April 1st, may have been " April Fools Day ", but the news I received was not a joke.
Sad to report that my older (( OK, two years older )) Brother, passed away, at 73 years of age.
Heart, and Kidney problems ended his days in this world. I guess now, He is truly a "Free Spirit".
Be at Peace, Brother. Thank you for sharing that "sharp leading edge" of the modelbuilding learning curve with me.
You will, truly, be missed.
Pete

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 04-02-2015

Pete, sad to hear your news. prayers and thoughts are with you all. It's hard to say much more than that, but we wish you well.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Charlie B - 04-02-2015

My sincere condolences Pete. I will offer a prayer for you and him.
Charlie

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - AF350 - 04-02-2015

Sumpter,

Sorry to hear of your brothers passing on.

My brother passed on about 4 years ago and I still sometimes will see or read something and get the urge to call him up then I remember. He was 56 and passed away from multiple blood clots in lungs and legs, when they dissolved they had tore up his arteries, and the doctor could not patch him up quick enough, and he went into cardiac arrest on the surgery table. The condition is hereditary, one of my sisters has the same condition and she has two sons not sure if they have been tested, I do not have the gene and my other sister also does not.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 04-02-2015

Worried about Tom and his wife. Prayers

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 04-02-2015

Frank -check your pm

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - BR60103 - 04-02-2015

AF350 Wrote:BR60103,
British outline locos kinda grow on you after awhile but the two I like best is one called a mallard? and the Flying Scotsman. I like the looks of the 3 rail stuff from ACE and even ETS equipment(Chek. republic manufacturer).
Flying Scotsman's final number under British Railways was 60103.
Mallard set the record for fastest steam locomotive just over 75 years ago. The record has never been broken and probably never will be. It has been joked that a mallard is a slow duck.
Mallard was one of the A4 class of streamlined pacifics. Flying Scotsman was the direct antecedent, being at times A1, A3 and A10. (It was bumped when one of Gresley's successors wanted the A1 designation for his own design.)
There are 2 A4 pacifics in North America -- Dominion of Canada in Montreal and Dwight D. Eisenhauer in Wisconsin (IIRC).
Not sure where to get N/S sheet. I have a small coil of strip. You could leave a length of flex-track on your local railroad.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ngauger - 04-03-2015

Pete: Our thoughts and Prayers are with you. I know it's difficult losing loved ones. Take care.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - TrainNut - 04-03-2015

ezdays Wrote:Good morning everyone. Kind of a hot one yesterday... I know TrainNut doesn't miss the Phoenix heat, but he has to remember, he never GOT to own a snow plow or shovel when he lived here.
Fixed! 357
New challenges mean new toys!
[Image: ec4909b267fd76cd08353d4e29d37842_zpscfhbum6p.jpg]

Beautiful cacti blooms by the way. We had our first severe thunderstorm warning for up here last night. Beautiful storm. Loved it.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 04-03-2015

Morning. Partly cloudy and warm. Turning sunny and real warm. Lunch meeting. Schools are out. Were scheduled to go today as makeup days. Outcry was so great. Then a survey showed so many teachers and students had holiday plans, minds changed. My opinion, stupid to begin with.

Nut, nothing runs like a Deere. Great choice.

Have a great one.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 04-03-2015

Hello Blue
Sun and 45 degrees.
A good Friday service at noon followed by potluck lunch.
That will be my meal for today.
Tom your not talking so I see that as a bad sign.
Hope all is well though.
S.J.