The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6928)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 04-13-2015

Morning all. Sunny and warm. Behind on getting garden turned over and ready to plant. Plants in greenhouse ready to go out in garden. Have a great week.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 04-13-2015

Good Morning Blue
Sun and 62, but rain expected later.
A nice weekend. Our club meet on Sat. night and a train show yesterday.
I didn't buy anything. No plans for today, I will just goof off, something I have gotten very good at.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 04-14-2015

Morning all. Get up Sir J. Had to go to dentist to get teeth cleaned. I know you go and get that one hair cut and one tooth cleaned. Misngth Icon_lol Showers around. Should have some good rain today. Wash pollen away. Mayor's work day.

Later.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - mr bachmann - 04-14-2015

nice and warm and sunny not a cloud to be seen - like a summers day Thumbsup

social worker is going to see son to-day to have a chat ( Applause ) , saw us yesterday but will have to speak to him regarding his care - now bear in mind he is in hospital after massive stroke , no movement , peg fed , unable to talk , just laying on his back looking at the ceiling and periodically through the day the nurse comes and changes his nappy (diaper ) , clever girls are social workers Wallbang

rant over , take care all ...

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 04-14-2015

Good morning all. Just a bit after 7:00 and we're into the 60's already. We're headed to the mid-90's later today, which, by our standards is still a decent day.

mr bachmann Wrote:nice and warm and sunny not a cloud to be seen - like a summers day Thumbsup

social worker is going to see son to-day to have a chat ( Applause ) , saw us yesterday but will have to speak to him regarding his care - now bear in mind he is in hospital after massive stroke , no movement , peg fed , unable to talk , just laying on his back looking at the ceiling and periodically through the day the nurse comes and changes his nappy (diaper ) , clever girls are social workers Wallbang

rant over , take care all ...

It has to be tough and frustrating dealing with this, we wish your son, you and your family the best.

Chief: I often wonder why dentists and barbers don't offer senior discounts. After all, they have fewer teeth and less hair to work with. Icon_lol

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 04-14-2015

Good Morning Blue
Sun & clouds..60 degrees.
Chief I already got that hair cut for York.
And I get my tooth cleaned the week we return.
I just need to pick the cleanest pair of boxers from the laundry basket to take along.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - AF350 - 04-14-2015

Good morning all a bit cool in the 60's here.

3 pics well 2 pics and a post card of the Algoma Central. The post card is a pic of probably the neatest feature of the line is the bridge curved atop a dam and below the dam is a drop yet again. The other 2 pics were of the locomotive that was used on the trip I went on.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 04-15-2015

Morning. Everyone up and get your taxes paid. Misting rain. Suppose to be light rain most of the day. Hope to get a walk in later. Duke Energy contractor had to have cable removed from top pole at pond. Replacing pole. Been "pounding" hole with backhoe hydraulic 'bit" all day yesterday. Only got 3 feet down. Suppose to beat out two more. We'll see. Can't set poles in solid granite. Told them. No Mayor's meeting today [I hope for a change]. Early one tomorrow morning. Award for one of the elementary schools here by the Quality Food Council. Have to drive across the County to Schools office. BTW: why to you put the main offices for the largest school system in NC [6 largest in the nation] in the far west of the large County?????

Sir J., make sure they do not have holes in them. :o

Later.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 04-15-2015

Good morning folks. Yup, today is tax day and I hope you all are better prepared for filing your taxes than I am. Not that I'm worried or anything, but I've done nothing. But then again, I've done nothing for the past bunch of years. The last time I figure out my taxes and filled in all of the forms, I went to the IRS site before I mailed them in and they have a page there that you can figure out if you need to file, and I didn't. Smile I guess you need more than just SSI as income to have to file income taxes. Sad There is an obvious downside to this, SSI doesn't pay us enough to qualify to pay taxes on it, but it pays us too much to qualify for all the freebies that they give out, not that I've tried or would want any Nope . Oh well, I should be happy that I don't have to deal with the IRS one way or the other. Applause

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - AF350 - 04-16-2015

Well it is noon here and not much going on but a sprinkle of rain and grey skies.

No new train activities so far today. Trying to talk my self into going to the S spring spree which is in Dayton Ohio this year. the S spring spree is a two day all S scale and S gauge show.

Still trying to find suitable steam driver wheels for a scratch build loco, waiting to hear back from Ron at American models to see if and when the parts will be in stock again as that is the best bet so far if that fizzles out will have to scavenge hobby shops and shows for basket case locos or lose parts.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 04-16-2015

Good morning all. A bit of a cold snap here today, not expected to get into the 80's all day. If you want to know just how dry our "dry heat" is, yesterday, the humidity went down to 4% with a dew point of -1 degree. Just getting ready for when the big numbers hit.

Been laying off working on my train room for a bit, got other distractions. Still haven't found the box with all my missing scenery stuff in it, and I really have to stop looking. I'm hoping that one day it will show up in the corner of the room or in the closet where I've looked probably 100 times, but let's face it, the box is no longer on our property, in the house or out... it's gone, gone, gone. :cry: :cry:

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 04-16-2015

Long Mayor day. Finally home. Rainy and cool. Later

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 04-17-2015

Rain off and on. Did get to walk with kids at one elementary school this AM. Then waited for MIL to show up at eye Dr. As usual, she didn't show. Later

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 04-17-2015

Good Morning Blue
Sun and 70s for 1 day.
A trip to Harbor Freight this morning.
Wife and I spent a total of $12. got a couple of free things as usual.
Slowly getting ready for York
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 04-17-2015

Good morning all, I hope everyone is prepared for a great weekend. I'm hoping that we finally get that BBQ I've been wanting these past few weeks. Other things have kept us from going, especially since the nearest BBQ place is close to 15 miles away. They have a Texas Roadhouse Restaurant scheduled to be built not too far from us, and they have all sorts of BBQ on their menu. I'm not sure when they're going to start building, but I don't think the realize how much I need them, or they'd be open by now. Icon_lol

Kinda cool here today with temps in the mid-80's. It goes up and down for the next few weeks, in the 90's for the next few days, then back down into the 70's next week with a bit of rain in the forecast too.... 2285_