The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6928)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 07-15-2014

Good afternoon. My back felt much better this morning . But I thought it best to get more rest. So I stayed in bed until 2pm. It still hurts but is only a dull ache now. I'll be back around later.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 07-15-2014

Been watching Bionic Woman and Six Million Dollar Man episodes today. Now I'm watching episode 117 (Dallas finals) of American Ninja Warrior.

Time for me to call it a night. See y'all tomorrow.

[Image: P3182162.jpg]

[Image: P3122092.jpg]

[Image: P3092081.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 07-16-2014

Good morning. It's 68° with 99% humidity. The high will be 88° with some clouds.
[Image: pcloudy-1.jpg]

My back is feeling much better this morning. That's good as the Home Health nurse will be coming today. No plans for today.

[Image: P3092059.jpg]

[Image: P3092057.jpg]

[Image: P2242010.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 07-16-2014

Good morning all, here we are in the middle of yet another work week for most people. A lot of you out there will attest that for a retiree, we couldn't tell the difference from one day to the next if we didn't have a doctor appointment on Wednesday or go to church on Sunday. We spent extra money to get a digital thermostat that you can program each day individually, then proceed to program them all the same anyway... I'm not sure they make one that says, "just one program for every day of the week". Nope

No rain here again, while other parts of the Valley got slammed. I think the area where Kevin (Nachoman) lives got hit hard the past two nights, but that's a good 25 miles away from us. 90% of the entire one-hour TV newscast was devoted to shots of flooded streets and toppled trees. Sometimes they used the same pictures that they used three days ago. Icon_lol That sure adds to their credibility on other stories. Icon_lol

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 07-16-2014

ezdays Wrote:A lot of you out there will attest that for a retiree, we couldn't tell the difference from one day to the next if we didn't have a doctor appointment on Wednesday or go to church on Sunday.
Yep, for me one day is like any other. A holiday is pretty much like any other day. If I didn't see the date on the TV or computer I wouldn't know what day it is.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 07-16-2014

Good Morning Blue
We have a cloudy 56 this morning.
A Hi of 71 for the day. temps will be climbing starting tomorrow.
A round of shopping yesterday morning got all that off my to-do list so today is open.
Tis true about retirees not knowing what day it is cause it doesn't really matter.
When your working you look forward to Friday and the week is based on that.
No news from the store, nothing.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ngauger - 07-16-2014

Been a freaky week here.... Working like a dog under the Sun cleaning out one of our buildings that is due to be torn down soon, to make way for another HUD property. Smile

Steadily meeting deadlines to the best of our ability... Looking forward to the weekend! Big Grin Big Grin

Still working for the retiree's SS Thumbsup Thumbsup Hopefully in 10 years when I'm due (65) there will be enough left for me!!!! Eek Goldth

Have a good'un everyone!!!!

ngauger Wrote:...Still working for the retiree's SS Thumbsup Thumbsup Hopefully in 10 years when I'm due (65) there will be enough left for me!!!! Eek Goldth

Have a good'un everyone!!!!

That just makes me wonder where all that money we retirees paid in went. Oh yeah, I remember, way back, a long time ago, there was a "buy in" program that if you never paid into SS, you could buy in for some paltry amount and start getting monthly checks as if you paid in all your working life. :? Anything left over, we "loaned" to the feds so they could go crazy spending it on their favorite projects.... 35

There may not be any left by the time you retire since I'm sure the feds won't pay back a nickle of what they took. Nope I think we need to get someone like the former heads of the VA or IRS to get things straightened out. Icon_lol

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - nachoman - 07-16-2014

Don, I think it was more wind than rain over by my place. I see the ground is wet, but no huge puddles. I wasn't home at the time, and don't see any major damage near my house. I'm told it was worse just a mile or two to the East of me.

nachoman Wrote:Don, I think it was more wind than rain over by my place. I see the ground is wet, but no huge puddles. I wasn't home at the time, and don't see any major damage near my house. I'm told it was worse just a mile or two to the East of me.

Yeah, when they give the weather report, they never really define th boundaries of "central Phoenix", so you really have no idea where the damage is. It's kind of a vague place, not "downtown", and not north, south, east or west either. :? But, wherever it is, it got hit by the last two storms. Misngth Glad the storms got by you.

Kev: Nice to see you here.

Good evening. It's a nice 76° outside and the humidity is only 75%. A shame it's not clear. Looks like we may be getting some rain tomorrow. I have a doctor appointment at 3pm tomorrow so I'll be out for a while. Nothing went on today other than getting my wound vac dressing changed and watching some movies.

Time for me to call it a night. See y'all tomorrow.

[Image: P2231995.jpg]

[Image: P2221989.jpg]

[Image: DSCN6667.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 07-17-2014

Good morning. It's 68° with 80% humidity. The high will be 90° with a fair chance of rain.
[Image: condmc-1.jpg] with [Image: cond40.jpg]

Not much going on today. I'll be doing a little work on the //e this morning. This afternoon I have a doc appointment in town. I'm sure something will present itself in between.

[Image: P2111914.jpg]

[Image: P2061887.jpg]

[Image: P2051872.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 07-17-2014

Good Morning Blue
We have sun and 65 degrees, 75 later.
Granny and I spent some time in the train room yesterday trying to clean and rearrange the things that have been put under the train table over the years.
We got rid of a few things but still have lots to do. It will be baby steps, as much as we can do each time.
No plans for today.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 07-17-2014

Morning. Busy day. RB, did not have time to read back. Get that 318? All OK at lake house. Neighbor's shop got robbed. Have a good one.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 07-17-2014

Chief Eagles Wrote:RB, did not have time to read back. Get that 318?
I've located one at on e of the local scrap yards. It's a rebuild they did there. Now I have to get the money together to buy it. My father will pay to have it installed at the scrap yard. Total cost is a bit under $1,200. About a quarter of what it would cost to rebuild the one I have.