The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6928)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 05-12-2015

Good Morning Blue
Cloudy, damp and 55 degrees
We had afternoon downpours of rain the last 2 days. Thankfully no severe storms.
Nothing new on the toy train front.
I cut and trimmed the grass yesterday, highest and thickest I have ever seen in 34 years of living here.
I cut it one week ago to the day...Motrin is on my menu this morning.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 05-12-2015

Good morning all, nothing exciting going around this way for now. We're looking at normal temps for the next few days, then a drop with a chance of rain on Thursday and Friday.

In case you missed Packey's post, we are going to shut down for a few hours starting in the evening of May 22nd. Packey will be doing a software upgrade, back up our database, delete what's left of the Gallery, add a chat room and Taptalk. The last two are a direct result of requests by our members. We lost the chat room when we changed servers a while back and I guess it's missed, so we will add one back. Apparently, Taptalk makes it easier to access our forum using a smart phone. We're not familiar with Taptalk, I don't even have my phone connected to the Internet yet, even though it is capable, but if we add Taptalk, who knows :wait: ..... Anyway, we could be down for just a few hours, possibly into Saturday, but we'll make it as short and pain-free as possible.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 05-13-2015

Greetings, gang.

Sunny and 48 this morning headed for a high of about 70. Rain moving in for tonight and tomorrow.

Got a few more things done yesterday. Today I need to get the yard mowed and the oil changed on both cars. If all goes well I may get the new Shay out late this afternoon.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 05-13-2015

Off to Charleston SC for Wifey's Niece's wedding. Back Sat. night. Oldest Daughter babysitting and staying here. Returning the favor since I babysat for her the other week.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 05-13-2015

Good morning, nice day here today, just a bit over 90 with some rain in the forecast for tonight, tomorrow night and the best chance all day Friday. High temps back in the high-70's for Friday as well.....

Enough on the weather. Got some paperwork chores to do today, but I'm hoping to spend a bit of time in my train room, I still have a lot of stuff to store and not as much storage space as I had before. Still can't find that box with all my scenic material in it. It's too big to hide so I doubt that I'll ever know what happened to it. Nope :cry:

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 05-14-2015

Greetings, gang.

It's a soggy, cool morning outside my window. Rainy, windy, and 52 degrees. Good day to stay indoors. Looks like it's going to rain all day.

Not much exciting happened yesterday. Talked to 5 different people yesterday, up from 4 the day before. That includes wrong numbers, annoying sales calls, and the woman at the front desk at the gym. I did get the yard mowed and trimmed. Also got the oil changed and ran the new Shay for about an hour yesterday afternoon. Turned out to be a really nice day. Nothing major on tap for today.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 05-15-2015

Greetings, gang?

Anybody home?

Guess I'll talk to myself for a while. Very soggy yesterday. We had over an inch of rain in a slow steady rain all day. Right now it's 55 headed for about 20 degrees north of that with partly cloudy skies and light winds. Looks to be a nice day.

Not much on tap for today. I'm thinking of skipping the gym today. I tried a new machine on Wed. The leg motion is more like ice skating and I have found some new muscles. To make up for the lack of exercise I will go out to breakfast somewhere.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - faraway - 05-15-2015

FiatFan Wrote:.....Anybody home?....
I read you clear and loud Smile

Lousy weather. Cold 10°C/50° and rainy. Should improve significant tomorrow. Any how the weather forecast has never been as bad as during the last 2 - 3 weeks. They update to rain when I see the black clouds and to sun when I close the shutters.... Not helpful at all.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 05-15-2015

Good morning all, I just can't believe that yet another weekend is upon us. Yup, for you out there that times goes slowly for you, just wait. All the old-timers here will tell you that the older you get, the faster time whizzes by..... :wait:

Temps today are suppose to be in the low-70's with a good chance of rain. It's a bit after 5 AM and it's starting to drizzle out. That doesn't mean much other than it'll get the vehicles all pockmarked with dirt and maybe never produce enough rain to wash it back off.... Typical for our late summer storms, but they are saying it could happen now.

And nope, I never made it into my train room, too many distractions right now. Got to replace our RO water filter system today. I order it on Amazon on Monday and it showed up yesterday, a week earlier than they said it would. We've had our old system for over 10 years and reading the manual on the new one, they say it should be replaced after one year of use..... They also say that the membrane is good for 6-12 months, but if you go to the "maintenance" section, they tell you what to do every 12-18 months, including how to clean the membrane :o .... Now I'll not know what to do a year from now, replace the system, replace the membrane or just wait another six months and clean it. :? Wallbang Or, I can just wait another 10 year until the water starts tasting funny before I do anything. 357

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Sumpter250 - 05-15-2015

:o Wink Icon_twisted Wink Whatever is scheduled for today, will have to be done tomorrow.......because the things that had to be done yesterday got rescheduled to today. Wink Wink

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - AF350 - 05-15-2015

Noon all.

Been too busy to get to the trains or any other hobby. Was clearing the fence line as neighbors bushes grew into the fence and were tall enough for AEP to tell them to cut them down as they were under the power lines. Two of the three tree/bushes are still in violation so I took it upon myself to cut back the branches on my side of the fence(they were 5 feet or so long and almost touching my garage).

Work has been steady, full shifts anyway no early dismissals. Looks like I will be working the weekends for awhile.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 05-15-2015

Happy Friday Blue
More rain overnight, the day has been gloomy and very damp.
Not humid, damp.
No train work here either, while Ca. needs rain we have too much.
Can't keep up with the grass cutting.
Still have nightly chats with a few toy train friends.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - BR60103 - 05-15-2015

The layout looks presentable for the open house tomorrow. (I thought it looked good a month ago, before Dayle bought every tree in a 50 mile radius.)
I may get photos after the excitement dies down.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 05-16-2015

Mrs. Edna Todd, Todd's Train Depot, passed yesterday. Got text while I was in Charleston SC. As I had posted, she has been in a "facility" for months after a brain aneurism. Best O gauge dealer around. She did "smoke like a train". Always had one lit.

Got home late this afternoon.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 05-16-2015

Aaaaand we're back!

Greetings, gang.

72 degrees with more rain about 10 minutes away.

Yesterday I went downtown to apply for a replacement title for My Fair Lady's car as we thought we had lost the original. Turns out that neither the bank nor the company we bought the car through had released the title. I was able to talk the clerk into issuing a clean title. Then called the bank and they only had my name and address on file not even a record of the load since it was so old. Anyway, that's all cleared up and I have clean titles for both cars.

Today was a house cleaning day. This past week I've been somewhat remiss in picking up after myself. That is resolved, mostly. After I finished the rest of the house, I started in my office. Right now it's knee-deep in old software and manuals for stuff that is long gone. Anybody need some 3.5" floppies? How about a couple of 5.25's? I even found a manual for DOS 5.0.

Not sure what's on the agenda for tomorrow.

All stay safe.

Tom

Edit - Frank, welcome back. How was the wedding?