The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6928)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Charlie B - 05-19-2015

sir james Wrote:Kinda like the grocery store, pay more, get less.
S.J.
James, haven't you noticed all the drastic price cuts for food since fuel came down 25%....Neither have I Crazy
Charlie

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 05-20-2015

Greetings, gang.

Yet another in a string of cold and gloomy days. High for today is supposed to be 54 with light showers. Warming trend starts tomorrow but it's supposed to rain off and on all weekend.

Not much accomplished yesterday and today's not looking very active either.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 05-20-2015

Morning all. Sunny and less humid. Chores and then a meeting late this afternoon. Got mowing done at lake house and had to trim trees again. What a surprise. LAter.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 05-20-2015

Good morning all. Yet another "Hump day" is upon us. I was reading something this morning and the author made reference to that fact that, in his words, "the pages of the calendar turn much more quickly as you get older". Yeah, I can attest to that. Icon_lol I'm still wondering what happened to Valentine's Day and here we are just a few days away from the first of June, and a month away from the first day of Summer. Eek I remember that teenager in "The Music Man", that would use the expression, "yee gads", for something like this (her father, the mayor, would respond with, "watch your phraseology young lady")....well.... yee gads, just how fast can time go by?????? Wallbang

Temps fluctuating between the low 80's and the low 90's for about a week here, (they can keep this going for as long as they want Applause ), with the first 100 degree forecast in a while next Friday which is average for this time of the year.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 05-20-2015

Charlie B Wrote:
sir james Wrote:Kinda like the grocery store, pay more, get less.
S.J.
James, haven't you noticed all the drastic price cuts for food since fuel came down 25%....Neither have I Crazy
Charlie
Actually I have, the drop in meat and egg prices have turned them into luxury items... Confusedhock: Crazy

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Charlie B - 05-20-2015

We just got eggs at Aldi for 1.29 a dozen, which is down from a month ago, but we were also buying a bubble pack of New York Strip 6 months ago for $2.77 (untrimmed), this week the same is on sale for 4.99 a pound. Other stores have it at 6.99, and hamburger in a 10 pound tube is $2.69. Even Aldis prices vary a lot from store to store locally.
Charlie

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - faraway - 05-20-2015

Good morning all. Ordered two Athearn RTR CSX GP40-2 via DHL express on Monday morning from Trainworld expecting delivery on Wednesday at my doorstep.
All went well until the parcel arrived late Tuesday night at Leipzig customs. They asked for proof of purchase price. No problem. I was aware of that question and sent at about midnight the sales confirmation and my credit card statement. That happened more than once in the past because they are mentally caught by Maerklin prices and can not believe Athearn RTR discount price. My expectation was to get the parcel passed that very night to be trucked to Stuttgart for delivery on Wednesday.
Nothing happened.... I called Wednesday in the early morning and learned customs has selected the parcel for in-depth inspection. That status is still unchanged. Selected, put on a pile but not processed. No body knows when customs in Leipzig might or might not work on it.
I get bad memories of the east German border procedures prior to 1989.... Sad

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 05-21-2015

Good Morning Blue
Cloudy and 56
Eggs at our closest Aldi store, last visit was $1.49. Lowest price around every big store was way over $2..00
Next will be 10 eggs instead of 12. Same price though.
Reg gas is up 30 cents this week for the holiday.....$2.69. Yep I know, it's still much better than a year ago.
No train plans but do have some veggies to plant.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Charlie B - 05-21-2015

Our Aldi just had some new Buhmanns bar-b-que sauce..3 kinds Honey..Hickory, and original..I already refilled the honey. Best bar-b-que sauce I ever had.
Charlie

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 05-21-2015

Afternoon. Planted more garden this AM. Lunch meeting. Nice shower a few minutes ago. Worked out good for plants. Camp Corral donations at Golden Corral this evening. Later

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - faraway - 05-21-2015

I called customs at Leipzig airport this afternoon asking for any progress. They don't know and they don't care. I asked them why they select more parcels for in-depth inspection than they can handle within a reasonable time. The answer was " that is the way it is and I have to live with it"..... The will be no chance anymore to get the parcel earlier than mid next week.
I am hopping mad

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 05-21-2015

Charlie B Wrote:Our Aldi just had some new Buhmanns bar-b-que sauce..3 kinds Honey..Hickory, and original..I already refilled the honey. Best bar-b-que sauce I ever had.
Charlie

At first I though you said it was Bachmann's BBQ sauce. Icon_lol Look for it at your LHS... 357

Unfortunately, we don't have an Aidi around here, or I'd try it. I'm looking for a decent Kansas City style sauce... :wait:

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ngauger - 05-21-2015

ezdays Wrote:
Charlie B Wrote:Our Aldi just had some new Buhmanns bar-b-que sauce..3 kinds Honey..Hickory, and original..I already refilled the honey. Best bar-b-que sauce I ever had.
Charlie

At first I though you said it was Bachmann's BBQ sauce. Icon_lol Look for it at your LHS... 357

Unfortunately, we don't have an Aidi around here, or I'd try it. I'm looking for a decent Kansas City style sauce... :wait:
Bachmann's BBQ Sauce.... Available in many Deee-Licious Flavors.... Including; Smoke Oil Beef, Bearing Grease-Berry and of course; Smokestack Jerky! Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - AF350 - 05-21-2015

Hi all,

quick update-- Have a Doctors appointment next Thursday (primary care) if he can not or will not do anything for my foot at least I can get a referral to a good podiatrist.

Did manage to hobble to the layout to run a few trains yesterday but that was about it. Just checked my work schedule for next week 1st shift Sunday and noon next Saturday, of course I am working this Saturday as well. I am hoping for a quick easy fix for foot otherwise I will be off work for awhile.

Thanks for all the well whishes, hope to be back to normal soon.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 05-22-2015

Greetings, gang.

Sunny and 41 this morning in the remote reaches of northern Iowa. High for today is supposed to be 73. Chances for rain begin this evening and last through the weekend.

Went to dinner with some friends last night and had a really good time. On tap for today is house cleaning. Oldest Granddaughter is coming to town for the weekend. Not sure if she is bringing the rest of the family or not. We'll be doing some burgers and brats on the grill Saturday evening. I'll need to get the yard mowed and trimmed so the Backyard & Southern can show off it's newest engine.

All stay safe.

Tom