The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6928)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - faraway - 05-22-2015

Great day, sun is shining and customs released my parcel 3am. It got the flight to Stuttgart 6am and was delivered at lunch time. Two boxcar design blue CSX GP40-2 are an excellent side dish Wink

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 05-22-2015

Good morning everyone. I hate to point out, but yet another week has passed and we're into our fourth weekend of May (there are five this year). High temps are in the low 80's for today, a bit lower here in Surprise than in Phoenix. I've been comparing the two and although we are only about 20 miles apart, there is most often a difference in the numbers. I guess that's because Phoenix has it's "official" temp station at Sky Harbor Airport, surrounded by nothing but concrete and blacktop, while Surprise has its weather station somewhere in the north side of town, out in the desert, surrounded by nature. Yeah, go just a few miles north or west from where we live and you're in the desert. Few homes or businesses for maybe 20 miles beyond that. Still, sadly, we are loosing our western atmosphere little by little. This month the original Bill Johnson's Big Apple restaurant will close after about 60 years to make way for a parking lot, and the world famous Pinnacle Peak Patio will be doing likewise after about the same run. It's making way for a housing development. These were two cowboy themed restaurants that came by it naturally. At the Big Apple, all the waitresses wore pistols, while at the Patio, they'd cut your tie off and hang it on the rafters. They had tens of thousands of them hanging there. I remember going to the Big Apple when I was going to Arizona State University back in the 50's, and to get to Pinnacle Peak Patio, you had to drive about 15 miles on a dirt road, but no longer, it too is surrounded by houses. Ahhh, those were the good old days..... :cry:

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 05-22-2015

Good Morning Blue
Full sun and 60
Grass cut, hair cut and urologist visit yesterday.
No train news..No holiday plans.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 05-22-2015

Morning. Sunny and cooler. Low humidity. Had a nice shower yesterday afternoon. Plants growing [weeds too].

Sir j, grass cut yes. Hair, ?????

Later

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - mr bachmann - 05-22-2015

summers day here , went visiting to nursing home on the pedal cycle about 3 mile each direction , well doc said I needed some exercise Goldth

take care all .

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 05-23-2015

Greetings, gang.

Cloudy and 58 degrees outside my window this morning. High for today is supposed to be about 72. Then rain moves in tonight and stays for the remainder of the long weekend.

Got the yard mowed and trimmed up extra nice for this evening. Family will be here for burgers and hot dogs on the grill. Lots of outdoor train running also.

This morning I need to make a grocery run to stock up for the aforementioned event. Local grocery store has everything I need on sale for the weekend except the beer. Will have to go to a different store for that.

All stay safe and have a happy Memorial Day weekend.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 05-23-2015

Morning all. Sunny beautiful and cool day. Mowed my yard and neighbors' yards. Haircut Sir J. Projects to do that Wifey wants.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 05-23-2015

Good Morning Blue
We have bright sun, going to 70 today.
No special holiday plans for us. No word from the kids either. Nothing new there.
Relax, enjoy, eat, cut grass, whatever works for you this weekend.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 05-23-2015

Good morning all, we're still having extraordinarily nice weather right now, around 15 to 20 degrees below normal. That's about to change though. This coming week it is suppose to gradually get warmer until by the end of the month we will be running above normal, they say around 105. Still no record though. It's kind of hard to believe that there was snow falling up in Flagstaff earlier this week and we had rain in May, very unusual. Now the heat is just a few days away. Mother Nature has treated us well so far this year, but she is taking it out on a lot of other folks in the Midwest and South. We wish those affected that they get through this with little loss. Many have not, and our prayers are with them all.

Just a note, Packey has added a new chat room for us. You can access it by clicking on the "Mini-Chat" link in our header.

Also, he has added TapTalk for those of you that have requested it. It should make it easy to access Big Blue from different devices. Now days, using a PC or a Mac isn't the only way many folks use to get around the Net.... I still only use my smart phone for making phone calls and still have problems doing that, I think they call it the, "fat finger syndrome" Wallbang I still can't comprehend how some people can do text messaging quicker than they can talk, even while driving a car and with a giant Slurpee in the other hand... Crazy

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 05-24-2015

Morning all. Sunny and warmer. Beautiful day out.
Got most of the weeds and etc. out of garden yesterday. Need a little watering. Growing great.
Have a great holiday week ahead.
Stay safe.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 05-24-2015

Good Sunday morning to ya all.... I hope this weekend is going well for you. For us here in the US, we're talking about a holiday weekend with Memorial Day on Monday. I hope we all pause a bit to remember those that sacrificed so much so that we have the freedoms that we do.

Temps for us today will still be below 90, but creeping up so that after Thursday, we see nothing but triple-digit heat. The A/C turned on in church this morning, it was cold enough inside to put on a winter jacket. For some reason, they like to keep the church just about freezing. Crazy I brought a thermometer with me once and it was 72 in church, I guess maybe that's to keep people from falling asleep during the sermons 357 ..... They're always looking for ways to save money or get more contributions. I can tell them how to save mucho bucks by just turning up the thermostat about five or ten degrees...

Remember, we have our chat room back. Stop by and look around. If no one is there at that time, try it out and leave a post... Welcome Ngauger is talking about setting a time to get together like we used to a long time ago.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 05-24-2015

Greetings, gang.

Cloudy windy and cool at 59 degrees. So far we have a half inch of rain with up to another inch and a half predicted by tomorrow night. Not a very good holiday weekend in the remote reaches of northern Iowa.

Had a nice day yesterday. Oldest daughter and her family came over for burgers and hot dogs on the grill. Her oldest daughter brought her family as well so we had a good crowd in the back yard. Ran the new Shay for several hours without a flaw. Then when it started to sprinkle, I was on the phone with older son who is currently in Qatar. In the process I may have broken one of the wires going from the engine to the tender. Will have to wait to test it. There's no slack in the wire to repair it so I may have to order a new wiring harness. Keep your fingers crossed.

This morning I watched the F1 race from Monaco. No immediate plans for this afternoon.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Sumpter250 - 05-24-2015

Good ....afternoon ? :o Wink I had a great night out....this morning Eek
It's overcast, and looks like there might be rain before the end of the day. Checked the car, it's backed into the garage, exactly the way it should be....no runs, no hits, no errors.........no dents...... it was a great night out !! :oops: Wink Icon_twisted Haven't done that it in an age.
( OK almost an age )
It was a good party. Yeah, once again, I did "find it myself" Wink Big Grin

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 05-25-2015

Good morning all. Pete, you picked a good night to celebrate after your years in the Navy, you deserve to have a good time. Thumbsup Thumbsup Glad you and your car made it back in one piece. Tongue

Yes, today is Memorial Day here in the United State of America. We are proud to have a group of men and women that are willing to put it all on the line because our country asked them to. We salute all who have served and should never forget those who will never return to enjoy the freedoms that they fought for. We should never forget those who came back but not as the same person that left, most with life-changing injuries, both mental and physical. I'm glad to see there are so many groups willing to help these Vets that will allow them to come back into the mainstream with the support they need.

To all veterans from any county's armed services that have fought on the side of freedom, we salute you and we will never forget what you've done for us. God Bless.....
Worship Worship Worship Worship
Applause Applause Applause Applause
Waveof7 Waveof7 Waveof7

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - teejay - 05-25-2015

Mornin' All ....guess it is Memorial Day as we had several military jets fly low over the house ( we are near the U.S - Canada border ) .......boy those things are loud ! Must be an air show just over in Michigan .

T Thumbsup