The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6928)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - BR60103 - 05-29-2015

I visited a friend today because he's handling a couple of estate sales. I found a box of building sides, in various conditions, and a couple of partly used card building sheets.
One of the sales is for the wife of a modeller who is dying of ALS. She thought it might bring $500 and was surprised when the first day's sale was over $750 -- with more to come. This modeller was good at buildings, but the rolling stock is in various stages of dis-assembly. He says that he'll sell a car and then say, if it needs couplings or trucks or doors, check that box.
He had one disaster. He used a roll of that non-skid shelf lining and found that fresh from the roll it will attach itself to plastic cars. He thinks that if it dries a bit, it will be docile.

The other fellow apparently had been dead 4 days when someone missed him. I think he may no longer have been on good terms with his wife.

My friend is a very generous and helpful fellow. And single.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 05-30-2015

Greetings, gang.

It's another chilly, gloomy day in the remote reaches of northern Iowa this morning. Right now it's 52 degrees and windy with a predicted high of only 62. Yesterday afternoon we had a storm move through which dropped over 3/4 inch of rain in about 35 minutes. Then later we got another 1/4 inch. No rain for today, just cold and windy.

No major (or minor) plans for today.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 05-31-2015

Good morning all, and a rousing good bye to May. It's been a great month for us this year, weather-wise that is. Temps well below average and some rain, which is rare for May. Not like they're getting down in Texas, but enough. That's changing now to where we are looking at highs that are pushing 110 for the next few days, then back down into the 90's for the weekend. That's fine, we plan on going out to the desert to do some target shooting on Saturday and the forecast calls for low to mid-90's that day.

Enough about the weather, but then again, us old folks have little else to talk about but the weather and their aches and pains, and you certainly don't want to hear about mine Nope Still haven't done anything substantial with my new layout. I've had the base done for a while now and just can't decide on what I want for a track plan. I was happy with what I had and get a bit depressed when I look at pictures I took of my old one. I'm almost thinking about using a similar track plan with a different layout. I've saved all my structures, but many got damaged in the aborted move a few months ago, so I may not use them all. Whatever I do, I want little track and lots of room for structures and scenery. Thumbsup

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 05-31-2015

Morning all. Hot, humid and sunny. Yesterday was a busy one until late. Then DOT contractor was resurfacing Main Street. Ran out of asphalt in front of my house at 2 AM. Took and hour to get trucks back with more. So had crew yelling to each other over the engines running. Also, a big roller packer that vibrated went back and forth. House vibrated worse than any earth quake I had experienced [been in an earth quake]. For over 5 minutes three times, house shook. Finally got to sleep around 3:30 AM.

Resting up.

Have a great week.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 05-31-2015

Good Morning Blue
OM Gosh rain downpours of it since yesterday noontime.
Not suppose to pass out of here till late afternoon.
This ain't Texas but boy are we wet.
A family grad party yesterday, sure glad today that they had rented a hall.
No train news and not sure what today will bring besides rain.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 06-01-2015

Greetings, gang.

It's a bright, sunshiney day in the remote reaches of northern Iowa this morning. Right now it's 52 headed for 68. Not really the temperatures one would expect in June.

Not much on the agenda for today. This morning will be a trip to the gym. This afternoon I'll put the finishing touches on the guest list for the in-laws 70tha anniversary party and get the invitations in the mail.

Frank - hope you reclinerized to make up for the lack of sleep Sat. night.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 06-01-2015

Morning all. Hot and sunny. Wifey's car gassed and rinsed. Grass mowed, fertilized and garden side dressed. Now to County Commissioners and then Town Board.

Have a good one.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 06-01-2015

Good morning all, it's a bit after 11 and we're already at 95, heading to 105. Still tolerable though. Chief, I like the idea of getting the vehicles washed, ours need it badly. Looking at June of last year, not a drop of rain all month, so I think it's safe to get them into the car wash. Yeah, there are things that I'm good at and there are things I enjoy doing, but washing cars does not appear on either list.... Nope

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - AF350 - 06-01-2015

Been staying off feet when not at work(to start is ok but by end of shift have been limping pretty bad). Went to doc to get a referral to a foot doctor and my BP is up a bit have to go back to first doc in 2 weeks to see if I need back on meds for blood pressure, have appointment with a podiatrist June 8th, hope he can fix the pain for good even if surgery needs to be done.

Train wise, nothing new to report other then just downloaded June issue of MRH(Model Railroad Hobbyist) a free publication that is a PDF format full of articles and ads not bad for a free magazine.

Weather here is a bit out of norm was 50 windy and wet hi of 60 and tomorrows temp back up to the 80's

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - BR60103 - 06-01-2015

The thunderstorm made it up here yesterday. Lots of tree bits on the ground. Possibly some that were weakened by the last 2 winters.
I'm trying to figure out where I may have put a box of switch machines, especially the ones on RIX mounts.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 06-02-2015

Greetings, gang.

Cloudy and 55 this morning headed for a high about 20 degrees north of that. Rain chances move in tonight and remain for the rest of the week.

Had a good workout yesterday. Then after lunch had a phone conference with sister-in-law to work out final details of the guest list for in-laws 70th anniversary. Today I'll proofread it a couple of times and start printing address labels. Also on tap is some bill paying. and a trip to the gym.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 06-02-2015

Morning. Showers around. Had big rain last night during Town Board meeting [which was short]. All the fertilizer I put out on lawn and garden melted I'm sure. Trying to be lazy as dogs at groomer and Town stuff is not until tonight.

Have a good one.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 06-02-2015

Good morning, still see where people are battling storms, floods and tornadoes. My heart goes out to them. Right now, my biggest battle with water is finding that leak in our plant watering system. We have these little restrictors in our dribbler system and after five years, they seem to start going bad, not just our house but all over the development. Well, they are of course buried and the bushes now have a secure hold on the ground above them so finding those rascals is about tantamount to catching a rabbit...which is yet another story... Curse Shoot Cost-wise, they run about fifty cents each, but about a year ago, we didn't know that one was leaking and our water bill for two months cost us an additional $60 each before the water company showed us where it was. Wallbang

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 06-03-2015

Greetings, gang.

Another thunderstorm just moved through, dropping almost a half inch of rain. More rain is predicted for the remainder of the week. According to the NWS, we won't see the sun again until Sunday. Right now it's 61, headed for a high in the mid 70s.

Had another last minute conference call with SIL concerning the mailing list. All looks good. After lunch I will print the labels and mail the invitations. Also on tap for today is a trip to the gym and to Walmart.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 06-03-2015

Good morning everyone, don't know how this happened so quickly, but we're at yet another Hump Day, Eek yup, two more days and we're into the weekend again. Not only that, it's June already and I've got to put some plans together for our anniversary next week. I won't say right now how many years that it's been, but take a guess if you dare.... :wait:

Weather-wise, I'm confused again. They've added some rain to the forecast, one TV gal puts it starting tomorrow and every day though Monday, while the Weather Channel says it'll just be on Friday. :? They said something about a hurricane out in the Pacific that will bring us rain. Last year there wasn't a trace the whole month of June. On one of those days, even a trace of rain will be a record since there's never been any recorded rainfall on that day. I'm not sure which day that is though, so I won't let it bother me right now. Nope

Back to drinking coffee and reading the comics... Applause