The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6928)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 07-17-2014

Went to see the doc today about the gall bladder ultrasound. Bad news is there's gall stones. DUH! I've been telling that for years. They've come up on countless X-rays. Good news is the gall bladders wall thickness is normal. I have an appointment to see a surgeon in August.

The doc also confirmed my suspicion that I have irritable bowel syndrome. No surprise to me. I've been having trouble with it for over ten years. It was never as bad as now. He suggested Dulcolax and said to take two a day starting today and don't get too far from a bathroom.

Now more bad news. Looks like the fourth toe (third toe for me) is abscessed. The doc has put me on antibiotics and wants to see me again in twelve days.

Stopped off at my fathers place for watermelon. First thing I had to eat today.

Other than that there's nothing going on save for the shameful stuff on the news from Ukraine. I'd like to say what I think about that but I like being here too much.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 07-17-2014

Good evening. With a temp of 74° it would be nice if not for the 100% humidity. There's a 70% chance of rain tonight and 80% tomorrow. Looks like it's gonna be wet.

See y'all tomorrow.

[Image: P1301824.jpg]

[Image: P1301821.jpg]

[Image: P1291803.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 07-18-2014

Greetings, gang.

Sunny and 64 right now with an expected high in the upper 70s.

Most of the painting is finished. Still need to do another coat on the crown molding upstairs. The porch just needs a couple coats of white. Then we can start putting the rooms back together. Yesterday an insurance adjuster stopped by to look at one of the cars. It was outside during a recent hail storm and sustained some damage. Took lots of pictures and wrote us a check.

On tap for today is another insurance adjuster for the roof and more painting. If time permits, I'll get the outdoor track repairs started. Not a difficult task, just time consuming. I have to separate the track, remove the tie strips, and slide them back into place.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 07-18-2014

Good morning all, I hope everyone is getting ready for a great weekend. At least most of us here will have that opportunity. There are those who won't, there's a lot of unrest in many parts of the world that I really find puzzling. Why do people do this to others? It's yet another sad day for the world, rockets and air strikes in the Middle East, then rebel forces shoot down that commercial jet. I have to shake my head and wonder why people aren't satisfied with what they already have. Why do they have to destroy the things that they appear to want? It only results in them being retaliated upon and have what is theirs destroyed in the process. They should know by now that no one wins in this game, but they never seem to learn, not since the Stoneage began Nope . A real pity for sure. :cry:

Still, we should enjoy what we have, and just hope and pray that all this crap on other continents stops soon....

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 07-18-2014

Good morning. It's 72° with 100% humidity. The high will be 82° with a high probability of showers and thunderstorms. A flash flood watch is in effect until 7pm.
[Image: cond006.gif][Image: cond90.jpg]

Woke up to thunder, lightning and hail this morning not to mention pitch darkness as the power was out. So I turned on the emergency lamp. The power came back on about ten minutes later

Forgot to mention yesterday that my weight is down to two hundred twenty. That's a drop of eighteen pounds in a little over a month.

The new antibiotics and about ten other prescriptions should be ready for pickup today. My father said he'll be in town today so he'll go by and pick them up.

For now I'm waiting on the Home Health nurse to call. As far as plans for today, My //e is acting up. Tests indicate a problem in the ROM chip so I'll dig one out of the parts box and change it out. Should take about fifteen minutes.

Took a Dulcolax gelcap this morning and didn't have long to wait. Oh what a relief that was!

[Image: P1271776.jpg]

[Image: P1271771.jpg]

[Image: DSCN1524.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - shortliner - 07-18-2014

Thought the photo of the "Old Dutch Cleanser" was rather fitting, after your comment about the Dulcolax

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 07-18-2014

Hello Blue
We have sun and 75 degrees.
I got out early for a haircut and then came home and gave the grass one.
A chat with my forum friends last night but still nothing from the store.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Sumpter250 - 07-18-2014

ezdays Wrote:Good morning all, I hope everyone is getting ready for a great weekend. At least most of us here will have that opportunity. There are those who won't, there's a lot of unrest in many parts of the world that I really find puzzling. Why do people do this to others? It's yet another sad day for the world, rockets and air strikes in the Middle East, then rebel forces shoot down that commercial jet. I have to shake my head and wonder why people aren't satisfied with what they already have. Why do they have to destroy the things that they appear to want? It only results in them being retaliated upon and have what is theirs destroyed in the process. They should know by now that no one wins in this game, but they never seem to learn, not since the Stoneage began Nope . A real pity for sure. :cry:
Still, we should enjoy what we have, and just hope and pray that all this crap on other continents stops soon....

Don, Cheers Which is why I still consider the following, one of the greatest movie lines ever written:

"And nine rings were given to the race of men, who, above all things, d e s i r e Power "

(From the prologue to "The Lord Of The Rings, The Fellowship Of The Ring")

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 07-18-2014

Home from way down south in the "sandhills" area of NC. Left at 6:30 AM. Went with close friend Jeanie [Hunters Haven owner] to pick up her son and a friend's son from Millstone Wildlife Camp.

Got a return call from Home Depot [remember he said Monday]. Wants to send us a "bribe" [$$$] and sign a "hold harmless" letter. Wow!

Going to rest up now.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 07-18-2014

Sumpter250 Wrote:Don, Cheers Which is why I still consider the following, one of the greatest movie lines ever written:

"And nine rings were given to the race of men, who, above all things, d e s i r e Power "

(From the prologue to "The Lord Of The Rings, The Fellowship Of The Ring")

Power? Yup, and I ask, power over what? Images of Europe, Germany and Japan in the 1940's keep popping into my head and I wonder, if the oppressors won, what would they have power over? They have destroyed everything in sight. When they lose, what do they have to go home to? All is destroyed there as well.... In the movie, Logan's Run, he leaves the protection of the sheltered city to go outside and seek "sanctuary". What he finds is overgrown and decrepit buildings and monuments in a shell that was once Washington DC. That was science-fiction, but still, who won that one?????

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 07-18-2014

Sumpter250 Wrote:Which is why I still consider the following, one of the greatest movie lines ever written:

But not the wisdom, trust and compassion to go with it. Such men are usually tyrants who shoot first and ask questions years later, if ever. (Burn Notice).

In the past two days I've received donations for the purchase of a scrap yard rebuilt 318 engine. I'm over halfway there. The engine swap out will take place at the same scrap yard. My father is paying for that.

Good evening. It's a somewhat cool night at 73° but the 100% humidity will soak you to the skin. I've already been out there. Went to my fathers place for watermelon but I didn't have much of an appetite for it. Afterward We watched wheel of fortune then I had to return home. Got the //e running right again. It was just what I though. The ROM chip.

There's no more to add to what I posted earlier. I just took my antibiotics and the handful of pills and capsules that constitutes my meds so I'm gonna be hitting the sack pretty soon.

Time for me to call it a night. See y'all tomorrow.

[Image: DSCN1530.jpg]

[Image: P1251757.jpg]

[Image: DSCN6591.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - AF350 - 07-19-2014

Good morning all.

Off to work here shortly, 1st shift today and Sunday 2nd shift Monday.

Downloaded maker bots latest desktop software it now tells you how long a print will take as well as how much plastic it will use.

Cool and rain here at the moment.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 07-19-2014

Morning. Partly cloudy and warm. New LG washer and dryer being delivered this afternoon. Right after that, oldest is having a meal at her house for family. Have a great weekend.