The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6928)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 06-12-2015

Good morning all. Thanks again for the well wishes. It's a struggle sometimes to get to this point, but I don't envy those who chose to take a different path. Some might try to emulate the Hollywood style where some marriages can be clocked by days rather than years. We did go out to eat at a chain restaurant we had never been to before, and we won't be back anytime soon. The food wasn't what we expected and they had the music turned up so loud that you couldn't hear each other. We were getting ready to leave when the whole staff decided it was time to do some Texas line dancing in the aisles and anywhere they could, so we had to stand there and wait since they were blocking the doorway as well. They are building one near us and I hope they realize that it's right in the middle of several Sun City retirement communities and bunches of retirement condos, and that retirees are most likely not at all tolerant with all that commotion. Nope

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 06-12-2015

Morning all. Another HOT and sunny day. Ran small tiller in the middles of garden between beds. "Miracle Growed" all plants. Then ran soaker hoses. Garden growing. Squash and zucchini growing [late garden this year]. Cucumbers are making.

AF, that is a great shelf design.

Hope all are well.

Later.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ngauger - 06-12-2015

Congrats on 55 Don!!

Going to be hot and humid today here in the Northeast....

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 06-12-2015

Greetings, gang.

Cloudy and 57 degrees this morning. High for today is supposed to be about 70. We were blessed with 2 inches of rain in the last 24 hours. Boy, would I love to ship some out west where it's really needed.

Last week the city cut down three green ash trees across the street from me. The city is trying to cut off the food source for the emerald ash borers that are headed our way. Wish I had known about them 15 years ago when we planted a green ash in the back yard.

Yesterday I started cleaning my office. Washed all the curtains and windows and wiped down all the woodwork with cleaners. I still need to clean my desk and vacuum. Today's agenda will include a trip to the gym and the above mentioned activities.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 06-12-2015

Good Morning Blue
More rain, some like us have too much, others have none.
By August we will probably be looking for rain.
Don we have made it to 56 years but only because neither of us can find an expiration date on the marriage license.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 06-12-2015

sir james Wrote:Good Morning Blue
More rain, some like us have too much, others have none.
By August we will probably be looking for rain.
Don we have made it to 56 years but only because neither of us can find an expiration date on the marriage license.
S.J.

Our excuse is that we are still waiting to see if it'll work out, plus neither one of us can afford to get an attorney if it doesn't. 357

Seriously though, anyone that's been married as long as you or I and a few others here, are of a generation where marriage is a commitment not to be taken lightly. We hear all about people like the Kardashians, Brittney or others who are in and out of marriages more frequently than they change socks, but those stars that stay married as long as us sort of fad into the background. They don't make for juicy headlines I guess. Nope

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Sumpter250 - 06-12-2015

It's raining hard enough... yesterday afternoon, last night, and still...... I fully expect to hear the Bosun, pipe "Underway, Shift Colors".
Fortunately, the house is " floating gently, and I got a good night's sleep " Wink Icon_lol 357

.....and, If you believe that, I have this great bridge, across the Hudson River, that I'd be willing to sell to you....CHEAP.
Wink Wink
Cheers Cheers

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 06-13-2015

Morning. HOT and humid again. Showers were around yesterday but missed us. Unexpected visitors from VA [Wifey's folks, she knew but kept quite. Wallbang ]. Will do some chores but have to be nice and entertain.

Tom, I'll be glad to feed you if you will come and do the cleaning here. Wink

Have a good one.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 06-13-2015

Greetings, gang.

Another cloudy day in store for the remote reaches of northern Iowa but the NWS is claiming warmer weather. We'll see how that works out. Yesterday they predicted a high in the low 70s and it never got warmer than 66. They are predict a high today in the upper 70s.

Yesterday I did make it to the gym but never did any of the cleaning I had planned. Had an attack of the lazies. Frank, I may take you up on the offer of food but don 't expect a lot of cleaning in return. Apparently my bursts of energy don't last long enough for me to finish what I start. Big Grin

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - AF350 - 06-14-2015

Good morning all,

Just a quick post before leaving for work Smile

Congrats to all who have stayed married, my parents are approaching 60th soon.

Foot is slowly getting better on steroids to ease the swelling -- no pain but can still feel the lump which is shrinking Applause

Thanks chief, thought about rail rax and other commercially available shelf systems but I think I like my design a bit better.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 06-14-2015

Good morning everyone, hope you all are having a delightful weekend. It's been getting a bit warm here, yesterday got up to 104, but we went target shooting early (or so we thought) and it was OK until the guns and ammo became too hot to hold. I say "or so we thought" because we got there around 7:30 an there was someone just cleaning up ready to leave. Even then, there was only one or two groups shooting all the time we were there and they were far enough away so that we were OK.

I can't tell you how hot it'll get today since my Weather Channel desktop app is busted for about the 100,000th time. Curse It has a habit of locking up my computer now and then, and just about every day, it just fails to show any data, that is except for the ads, they always seem to come though. Wallbang

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 06-14-2015

Good morning Blue
Raining again.
Today is FLAG day get em out there.
We had our annual outdoor club meet yesterday, it was cloudy all day but the rain held off till overnight.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 06-14-2015

Morning. Been lazy. Hot and humid. Still have company. Wallbang

AF, I agree. Looks great.

Tom, don't over do it.

Have a great week ahead.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - BR60103 - 06-14-2015

Don: the weather on my home page does odd things.
Recently it would show 5 days; on Sunday they would be Today, Wed, Thur, ...

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 06-15-2015

Greetings, gang.

Cloudy, 70, and rain. Not the best way to start the day..

Yesterday I put bug killer on the yard so tha today if the rain lets up I can sit on the patio without getting eaten alive. No major plans for today.

All stay safe.

Tom