The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6928)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 06-17-2015

Cooler. Mid to high 90's. Trying to be lazy until 3 PM. Then got meeting in Raleigh at 4. Later.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 06-18-2015

Greetings, gang.

Partly cloudy and 55 headed for partly cloudy and 80. Looks to be nice weather for the next several days except for Sat. 60% chance of rain then.

Never made it to fix the track yesterday. My younger daughter received an invitation to participate in jury duty. The drawback is that she hasn't lived in Iowa since 1996. This is actually the second time this has happened to her.

While I was downtown I stopped in the local bike shop and tried out a couple of new bikes. Today I'm going to a town about an hour west to see what they have in their bike shop.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 06-18-2015

Good morning folks, yesterday in Phoenix, we tied the record of 114 that was made back around 1898. I didn't know they were even keeping records back then, but that's what they're saying. We should tie or break the high temp records over the next few days. Today in Surprise it's suppose to get to 117, in Phoenix, 116. Those will be new records if we do. Now's a good time for us to find something to do indoors.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Twist - 06-18-2015

Hi there,
wow...that´s hot.....here we have about 64° here in Germany or 18° in Celsius....cloudy and windy outside....3 hours to go on my work 3PM here in Germany....Hope to get some time in the trainroom this evening....

Have a nice day,
Chris

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 06-18-2015

Morning. Rains last night. Not much but some. Raleigh a few miles south, flash flooded in spots. Hot today. 100 expected. Keep Germany cool and enjoy. Have a good one.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - cid - 06-18-2015

Hey Chris, where about is Leverhausen? My son-in-law is still in Kaiserslauten, near Ramstein AFB. He's having visa problems trying to get into the US. My daughter is already here and it's making her crazy...Nothing we can do except wait for the INS wheels to grind! Wallbang His name is Chris also; he hails from Liverpool.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 06-19-2015

Good morning all, yet another weekend is upon us. Talking about the weather is kind of redundant around here. For Phoenix, they tied the record of 115 for the past two days, and today is another shoo-in for the same. Here in Surprise, our record for today is 113, but our forecast calls for 116. We had it easy for a while there, but we're paying the price now and may be challenging the record for the most consecutive days at 110 or more. Just for you folks that haven't had to experience this kind of heat, once it gets over 110, it's hard to tell the difference. Crazy

Our wildfire season has started here, they are fighting a nasty fire in the town of Kearny in the southeast part of the state. They've lost several buildings and so far, three homes. The town is essentially cut off since they have the highways blocked because of the fire and smoke, and so no one is allowed in or out right now. You wonder how things like this start, a lot of them are caused by humans, some intentionally too. A few years back, one of our largest fires was started by a reserve firefighter who wanted to be called up to fight the fire and get paid to do it. 35

Ya all have a great weekend... Thumbsup

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 06-19-2015

Morning. More heat. Big storms rolled through from dark until way into the morning. Lots of rain. Maybe more tonight. Baby sitting 2 1/2 year old great nephew this morning until 2:30. Makes a mess of day. Will stay inside. Have a good one.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 06-19-2015

Greetings, gang.

Sunny and 66 this morning in the remote reaches of northern Iowa. High for today is supposed to be in the low to mid 80s with lots of sunshine all day.

Went to look at a new bike yesterday and came home with a Cannondale Adventure 1. Had it out for a test ride yesterday afternoon and it's definitely faster than my old Schwinn. Also a lot more comfortable.

No major plans for today. Need to get some groceries. This evening will see me having beer and pizza with some friends. Only the location is up in the air but will probably be at their house.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 06-19-2015

Good Morning Blue
70s today and finally a day without rain in the forecast. Until tomorrow that is.
Grass needs cutting but can't decide when I want to do it. Gotta be today or tomorrow.
No news from the train store and only enough running trains here to keep everything working.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 06-20-2015

Greetings, gang.

66 and very dark outside my window this morning. A quick check of radar shows some very nasty looking storms just to the north. High for today is supposed to be in the mid 80s.

I put 17 miles on the new bike yesterday. After I made some adjustments it's even more comfortable. Before the adjustments I could easily have gotten some calluses where guys aren't supposed to have calluses.

Not much on tap for today. If the weather permits I may get the outdoor track fixed. Not much else on the agenda.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 06-20-2015

Morning. Another big rain last night. Maybe more this evening.

Sir J., haircut this AM.

Mow when I get back.

Have a great weekend.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 06-20-2015

Good morning all, yet another record-tying 114 in store for us. According to the Weather Channel, we've got another nine days of 110+ temps in store before it drops down to 109. That will make 14 days straight of 110+ temps, and place us either second or third below the record of 18 days straight. And so it goes, here in the Sonoran Desert. Remember though, it's a DRY HEAT. Yesterday's humidity was 3%. I'm sitting here drinking a cup of hot coffee and thinking that this doesn't make any sense at all. If I was a Starbuck's fan, I'd be standing in line right now for one of their crazy cold cappafrappapappachinno thingies you drink with a straw. Me, I'll settle for a Wendy's Chocolate Frosty when I want to get brain freeze.... Applause

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ngauger - 06-20-2015

Waiting for the remains of the hurricane to get here.... Should be here tonight. Calling for heavy rains and thunderstorms around bedtimd until early morning tomorrow. I hope to get some hiking in today before it gets too hot.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 06-20-2015

Good Morning Blue
Sun and 70s today.
I got the grass cut and wacked yesterday, if the Chief had been here I coulda chopped his hair as well.
We did a little gardening but except for weeds that always do well, everything is pretty much on it's own now.
S.J.