The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6928)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 07-19-2014

Good morning all, I hope your weekend is going just dandy for you. Right now it's overcast with the humidity (23%) and dew points (47°) high, but not high enough for rain. I'm guessing that the humidity will drop below 10% after the sun has been out for a while. Forecast calls for around 107, typical for this time of the year. The weather gal on TV was showing this huge blot that encompassed all of Arizona and parts of other states. Turns out it is a "high", which means more heat and no rain for the next few weeks with temps forecast around 115 for later on next week. Our power bill just showed up, over $300 for June, it can only go up from there with the A/C turning on every 15 minutes or so. Wallbang

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 07-19-2014

Good Morning Blue
Overcast skies this morning, hi will be in the 70s.
We are finally getting a few tomatoes from the garden, so nice to have a real BLT.
Nothing from the train store, but my usual chat with some of the guys last night.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 07-19-2014

ezdays Wrote:Good morning all, I hope your weekend is going just dandy for you. Right now it's overcast with the humidity (23%) and dew points (47°) high, but not high enough for rain. I'm guessing that the humidity will drop below 10% after the sun has been out for a while.
Sometimes I wish the humidity here would drop into the 10%-20% range. Not likely to happen as this is a semitropical to subtropical area depending on what part of the state you're in. Here we're at a point where the semitropical/subtropical zones meet. Hot, wet and sticky are good words to remember.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 07-19-2014

Good morning. It's 68° with 97% humidity. The high will be 85°, cloudy with a fair chance of rain.
[Image: condmc-1.jpg] with [Image: cond40.jpg]

Only one plan for today. Stay off my feet (or foot)as much as possible while watching as many movies and TV programs as possible. I haven't eaten much in the past few weeks so I'll have to see about forcing something down. The most I've had is some watermelon and a bologna and cheese sandwich once in a while. I just haven't had much of an appetite. Checked my weight yesterday on my step mothers scale. It reads a little high but still registered two hundred twenty three (223) pounds. Only three pounds up from the docs scale. I've gone from two hundred forty five to two hundred twenty in less than two months. my doc says there doesn't appear to be a problem. I've had several weighty issues on my mind of late. One is juggling finances to cover the damage caused by a certain collectible coin company. I don't want to refinance my loan in town unless I have to. Another is getting my van up to par for driving more than a couple of miles without getting stranded. That's been paramount on my mind.

[Image: P1251756.jpg]

[Image: DSCN1518.jpg]

[Image: P1241752.jpg]

Running Bear Wrote:
ezdays Wrote:Good morning all, I hope your weekend is going just dandy for you. Right now it's overcast with the humidity (23%) and dew points (47°) high, but not high enough for rain. I'm guessing that the humidity will drop below 10% after the sun has been out for a while.
Sometimes I wish the humidity here would drop into the 10%-20% range. Not likely to happen as this is a semitropical to subtropical area depending on what part of the state you're in. Here we're at a point where the semitropical/subtropical zones meet. Hot, wet and sticky are good words to remember.

Yeah, for us here, anything over 10% in the summertime is considered sticky. Dew points in the 60's says that it will rain... somewhere... Icon_lol Right now there's no rain in the forecast for the next few weeks, yet I wonder what was going on when I got some sprinkles on the windshield as I drove back for the store. :? I'm sure it won't be a heavy rain, but still..... 35

I'm going to the ER. I do believe I have gangrene.

Running Bear Wrote:I'm going to the ER. I do believe I have gangrene.

Whoa, that doesn't sound good, we wish you the best.... The ER is the place to be regardless.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - AF350 - 07-19-2014

Good evening all.

The work day went by fast, even with new trainees causing all the trouble lights to go off and machine shutdowns due to improper loading. I think next week will be a busy one with the back to school ads then by October the real busy season will begin with all the holidays ads clear into January of the next year.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RB, hope you can get that healed up soon.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

KRM , nice lionel tender.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 07-20-2014

Good Morning Blue
Wake up sleepy heads
We have sun and a Hi of 82 forecast
Some piddly things around the house yesterday, then evening time we sat on the porch till dark watching the world go by.
I ended the day with a chat online.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 07-20-2014

Good morning everyone, nice clear day outside for us, not a cloud in the sky, so I'm assuming that means no rain for now. Now that doesn't take rocket science to be able to forecast.... Nope Back in the late 1800's, early 1900's, Yuma, Arizona had so many sunny days that there was this one hotel that had a big sign in the side of their building, "Free lodging if the sun doesn't come out today", or something like that. The weather was on their side for way more than 300 days of the year. Even today, of the 10 most sunniest places in the US, four are in Arizona, and Yuma leads the list.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 07-20-2014

Afternoon. Cloudy and steady rain [not forecasted???]. Being lazy. Hope all have a great week ahead.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - AF350 - 07-20-2014

Any word on RB?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ruff day at work today, 2nd shift Monday then I can rest up and catch up on some train projects.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 07-20-2014

AF350 Wrote:Any word on RB?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ruff day at work today, 2nd shift Monday then I can rest up and catch up on some train projects.

Something wrong. No posts today. Prayers he is OK.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 07-21-2014

Chief Eagles Wrote:
AF350 Wrote:Any word on RB?

Something wrong. No posts today. Prayers he is OK.

Well, since he was heading to the ER, we can only assume that he is still in the hospital. And yes, our prayers are with him and hope that it's not serious and that he'll be back home soon.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 07-21-2014

Morning all. Partly cloudy and chance of showers. East to the farms to check feeders and food plots. Have a great week.