The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6928)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 07-09-2015

Morning. Extra hot and humid. Another busy Town day. TV interview and etc. yesterday.

Tom, surprised you went. Mighty strong of you.

Have a good one.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 07-09-2015

Good morning all. Just a few days away from yet another weekend. Hard to believe that we're almost halfway through July already. Still hauling loads into storage, but we're just about there. anything left that we don't think we need goes to a yard sale.... Our new home is a lot smaller, not much room for anything that we don't use on a regular basis and certainly, not enough room for all the furniture we have right now. This is something us retirees (empty nesters) need to do, and we should have done years ago, but the real estate market back then was at rock bottom and we would have had to sell at a loss. Things are a lot different now, an article in today's paper says that homes in the Phoenix area jumped by 5% in one month alone.

Ya all have a great day.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 07-09-2015

Good Morning Blue
I woke up to rain we were not suppose to get.
Got the grass wacked yesterday, I don't have an edger so the wacking does it all.
Didn't get the grass cut though.
So I'm just passing through.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 07-09-2015

Chief Eagles Wrote:Tom, surprised you went. Mighty strong of you.
Thank you. If I hadn't gone, they probably would have come down here and dragged me back. I think it will do me some good to get out of the house for a while.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 07-10-2015

Good Morning Blue
Sun today
Only news is Krispy Kreme buy a doz. get a doz. donuts for 78 cents. Today only
Also July is Coney hot dog month we will dine on 99 cent coneys today.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - cid - 07-11-2015

Gotta get to the K.K. for sure, guys would appreciate it!! Back at Nissan today, waiting for the paint lines to start up. Our part is conveyors only, not paint robots, so we've been mostly standing by the last week or so. A bit dull sometimes, but when production is going on, then no calls, no problems, no excitement is the desired state!! Thumbsup Goldth Goldth

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 07-11-2015

Good Morning Blue
Sun and 80s today.
I had 1 donut and 2 coneys yesterday.
Man it's hard just eating 1 donut.
Graduation party today. No trains.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 07-12-2015

Morning. Hope all are OK. Had a busy past week. DOT had dropped the ball on a signal at the new bypass. Had a media fight with their spokesperson. He did not know what he was talking about. Then he had to back track to cover his comments. Guess you say I won. Lots of TV interviews on the subject. Time to rest.
Have a great week ahead.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 07-13-2015

Greetings, gang.

It's 59 degrees and foggy on the shores of Lake Huron this morning. High for today is supposed to be in the upper 70s.

Right now it's quiet in the house as the youngsters (they're only 60) are sleeping in.

The trip here was fairly easy other than sitting in a 5 mile long parking lot on I94 at one point. On Saturday we put down 90 bags of mulch to make the flower beds look nice for in-laws 70th anniversary party. Sunday was a fairly easy day other than church. First song was Amazing Grace which my wife detested. Started to laugh and the next thing I knew tears were flowing. Once I got past that all was well.

Today there's lots to do including bug spray for the back yard. Also need to finish staining a wishing well, sand down a door that won't close, stain and varnish the aforementioned door, and other activities as directed by sister-in-law.

I may or may not have time to post later in the week.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 07-13-2015

Morning all. Shower came through. Showers has now delayed the bypass opening one day. Now Tues. night/Wed. morning. New kitchen appliances arrive this afternoon. Wifey stayed home from work. Good. Usually me stuck home to put up with delivery and install. More showers in the forecast for this evening late.

Hope all have a great week ahead.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 07-13-2015

Good Morning Blue
Well the sun was shinning but it's gone now.
Da chief is runnin his lawn sprinkler 24/7 trying to make DOT think it's raining.
Graduation party on Sat., Birthday party on Sun. I did not overeat but did have more than I needed.
Gotta back off for a couple days.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 07-14-2015

Morning all. Rainy. Trying to get that famed bypass open and here comes lines of storms. Wallbang

Sir. J, about time you graduated. Applause

Hope all have a good one.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 07-14-2015

Good Morning Blue
Rain overnight, cloudy now, looks like more is coming.
Yes Chief it was a proud day, me and my oldest son graduated together...Smile
No train news, it's been strangely quiet.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - faraway - 07-14-2015

Good afternoon. We painted the window frames at the east side this morning. Forecast says no rain for the next days. Sounds perfect to paint window frames. But we are expecting very hot days close to 100° at the end of the week. I hope the paint will be dry by then to close the windows and keep the hot air out.

I am two weeks retired today. Looks like I found the job I am made for 357

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 07-14-2015

Good morning all. Rain was in the forecast, but none of it showed up here, none for the past week or so except for a little sprinkle now and then. No rain predicted until this weekend, and they've gone out on a limb saying as much as a 60% chance. So, based on their record, it just might be flooding today and tomorrow and clear and sunny all weekend. Heck, my forecasts are every bit as good as theirs, I just don't get the big bucks for doing it.

Busy getting the house ready for real estate photos, then the real fun begins. Ever hear of "DocuSign"? Seems as if no one wants you to come to the office to sign anything anymore. I've been "signing" stuff on their site for the past few weeks, home buying contract, selling contract, mortgage applications, upgrade and change orders and sheesh, I think if I had to sign them in person, there'd be a stack a foot high of paperwork. :o