The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6928)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 07-17-2015

Greetings, gang.

79 and humid on the shores of beautiful Lake Huron this evening. Tomorrow it's supposed to be 85 and still humid so a heat advisory has been posted for tomorrow.

Speaking of tomorrow, it's the day of the big anniversary party for the in-laws - 70 years. It's been a busy week of preparations but all is under control at the moment. Then on Sunday I head for home. I'll be making a stop along the way to drop my son off at his house. I may finish the drive on Sunday or take a break and drive home on Monday.

Don - if you put the shortcut on your task bar it will open with a single click rather than a double click (I'm really lazy).

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 07-18-2015

Morning all. HOT and sunny. Mow and mow. DOT Engineer coming by. We are going to check the bypass for problems. I was out last night with PD dragging barrels to stop vehicles from going north in south bound lanes. Big mess. Unmarked pavement in a wide area that folks were use to shifting lanes before the bypass opened.

Tom, hang in there. You are doing good. I know that party will be hard. "Got your back."

Have a good weekend.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 07-18-2015

Good Morning Blue
Sun and 83 going to 90 today.
Tom welcome to Michigan. There is a lot more here than just Detroit.
No train plans for the day. My friends modular project is moving along, a few hick-cups at home Depot but they are working with us to get things done.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 07-19-2015

Good morning all. Crazy weather all over, we're into rain at least through today. Lots of rain late Friday and a good portion of yesterday. We were driving home around 3 yesterday when we could see a huge dust cloud heading our way. A typical dust storm followed by a lot of rain. It was kind of surprising to see that the TV news was making their field weather report from the highway about two miles from our house. Temps stayed in the mid-90's, and shouldn't reach 100 today either. Oh, and my weather app has been working fine for the past two days, I think it must have been reading my posts here on Big Blue and realizing that it better shape up or it was about to get the boot.... Crazy

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 07-19-2015

Good Morning Blue
92 yesterday, same for today.
A big storm moving across the state turned south and missed us.
That's fine with me. I am tired of storm damage.
Picked my first REAL tomato this morning. Looking forward to a good BLT.
We sat on the porch yesterday eve till sunset, it was warm but a little breeze made it comfortable.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 07-19-2015

Morning all. HOT and HUMID. Big T'storm yesterday and all we got was a sprinkle. One mile away, poured. Lots of lightning.

Dazs, hope you didn't get flooded.

Being lazy as so hot and humid. Watering Wifey's flowers/shrubs.

Have a great week ahead.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 07-19-2015

No, we didn't get flooded, but they did up in Wickenburg where we used to live. They got almost four inches of rain yesterday afternoon, and I guess some of the washes and the hassayampa river ran over their banks. It happened a few times when we lived there, but not like this. Our house there was at the top of a hill, and even though we had an active wash on our property, we were well above the flood plain. More rain expected today both here and there.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ngauger - 07-19-2015

Just checking in.... Yesterday I drove a friend to a motorcycle supply shop so he could buy an ignition switch for his bike. The bike shuts off randomly but mostly above 50 mph when he hits a bump. Eek

After that we went to another guys house and moved a bike to another person's house about a mile away. My friend's brother towed it on a trailer, we just helped load and unload it, since it's not running right now.

Then today I hurt most every muscle by removing the old dishwasher out from under the counter and placing it next to the front door. Good thing my friend helped me (Same friend as yesterday). Now I just have to wait for the new dishwasher to be delivered Tuesday, so he & I can install it. Shoot

Should be fun!! ..... Not!!!

In between all this, my TV decided that it didn't want to live anymore and just went dark 3 days ago. My wife picked up a new one at work (Best Buy) Smile It's an LCD way more than I needed, but it was cheap (open box) so it's all good now.

Model trains??? What model trains???? No time for trains.. Nope Curse Curse

I'm actively hunting the "Salutes our Veterans" engine on the Northeast Corridor...
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJlVMDhtOg0">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJlVMDhtOg0</a><!-- m -->

Sooner or later I'll get a picture to post here Smile Smile

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 07-20-2015

Greetings, gang.

Rainy and 70 degrees this morning in the remote reaches of northern Iowa. High for today is supposed to be in the low 80s with clearing skies this afternoon.

Made it home safely from Michigan yesterday. 12 hour drive and had a great time to chat with one of my sons on the way home. The party was a great success despite a rain shower right at the start. Fortunately my sister-in-law had set up a tent in the yard just in case. I would guess about 100 people showed up for in-laws 70th anniversary party.

My niece's husband showed up at the party with a new Cadillac he helped develop and has been test driving for the last several weeks. There are only 35 of them on the streets right now. They will be arriving at your local dealer this fall for about 65 grand. The thing is insanely fast - more like a luxury Corvette. My grandson wanted a ride but his mom said five minutes and don't go over the speed limit. During the after-trip report my grandson said they didn't go over the speed limit but "we got to 40 MPH really fast!."

Today is going to be a do-nothing day. After over a week of hard work and a long drive home I'm going to do absolutely nothing today. It won't be safe out on the streets today anyway. RAGBRAI (the Register's Annual Great Bike Ride Across Iowa) sponsored by the Des Moines Register newspaper is coming to town today. This is where several thousand slightly insane people ride their bicycles across Iowa in a pack. They start at the Missouri River and wind up at the Mississippi River a week later. The route varies each year.

Don - I can relate to the sore muscles. Last Saturday I helped put down 90 bags of mulch. On Sunday I couldn't stand up straight without the aid of Ibuprofen.

Frank - many thanks for your continued support and encouragement.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 07-20-2015

Good morning all. Just a bit of rain here yesterday, but the folks up in Wickenburg are still digging out of the mud after those floods the other day. It happens periodically there, but this is the worse I've seen. The normally dry washes and rivers fill up quickly. I remember when we lived there, I was coming home and had to stop at a nearby shopping center for a few hours. I could see my house from the parking lot, I just couldn't get to it because of the flooded washes. And, why is it that bad weather always seem to hit the trailer parks? I see by the news that one up in Wickenburg is buried in about two feet of mud and with trailers sitting at odd angles and tornadoes and flooding elsewhere always seem to center around them as well. I guess when it comes to Mother Nature, nothing is safe.

Have a great week everyone, ours is going to be a busy one. The photographer is due this morning to take pictures for the real estate listing, then we officially go on the market. We've yet to sign anything, but I'm sure we'll be getting yet a few more "DocuSign" things to deal with rather than real pieces of paper to sign. Icon_lol The big thing now is to get the garage organized so we can hold a garage sale. Lots of stuff to get rid of when you downsize... Crazy

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 07-20-2015

Good Morning Blue
90s are gone for now. 80s this week but humid.
A trip to the store this morning cost me $109.00 for milk and Miracle Whip...
No news from the train store.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Sumpter250 - 07-20-2015

10:37 AM in "beautiful downtown Vernon Hills Illinois". It's overcast and and warm enough, but we do have better days here.

I posted photos of the latest addition to the harbor scene on the modules. This project is getting close to being complete, and soon I'll be laying down the lines for the three mast schooner ( Tern ), plank on frame, waterline model, that will timeshare a berth along the sea-wall, with the tour boat, a coastal freighter, and the Brigantine W.W.Marsland. ( yes Bill, you are remembered )
The Tern will be only the second plank on frame ship model I've ever designed, and built.
I had forgotten that most of the vessels on the modules, have yet to be named......one more project needing completion Icon_lol
It never ends Wink Smile

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 07-21-2015

Good morning all. Kind of hot and humid here right now and it's not even 6:00 yet. Humidity has been in the 50% and up range and the dew point in the 60's. I wonder what happened to the dry heat? Crazy

People traveling from Arizona to LA will have a much longer drive for a while. A bridge washed out on I-10 and the detour adds another 120 miles. There was a time that I used to go to LA a few times a month... ahhh, yet another perk of being retired, not having to go to LaLa Land on business.... Applause

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 07-21-2015

Good Morning Blue
Sun and 80s today
120 miles to the next bridge? wow I'm not use to that kinda highways.
No plans for today. I'm just enjoying summer. did do some early morning errands though.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 07-21-2015

sir james Wrote:Good Morning Blue
Sun and 80s today
120 miles to the next bridge? wow I'm not use to that kinda highways...
S.J.
That's the short detour, a two-lane highway north of I-10. The long way would be to take I-8 into San Diego and then north to L. A., or even north to Flagstaff and then I-40 to L. A. Both are longer, but Interstate all the way. I'm betting they are building a bridge bypass as we speak, it's just to busy a route to keep it closed long.