The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6928)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 07-21-2015

Extra hot and extra Humid. Busy with Town stuff. Later

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 07-22-2015

On the run. Meetings. One big one with DOT on problems with bypass.

Tom, hope family reunion went as well as possible.

Have a good one.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 07-22-2015

Greetings, gang.

Partly cloudy and 63 degrees outside my window this morning. High for today is supposed to be about 80.

Didn't do much yesterday and today is not looking too promising for accomplishments either. I do need to go to Walmart for a few things.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 07-22-2015

Good Morning Blue
Sun and 80s
Just checkin in.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - faraway - 07-22-2015

Sitting in a shopping center waiting for my wife and enjoy Tapatalk

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Sumpter250 - 07-22-2015

Mornin' Blue.
Had a pretty great evening out last night, 'twas a right good party. Now that I gave my "wild side" an evening of fun, maybe i can settle in, and get some model-work done. Wink Wink r i i i g h t Wink Icon_twisted
But first, it's bill payin' time again... the end of the month bills, are the "expensive" ones.
There's a good possibility that once I drop all that in the post box, I just might fall under the spell of "one beautiful day", and just happen to forget how to get home from the post office, and get lost, up along some stretch of rail line, and have to watch a few long freight trains pass by before I can remember "where I live". :o Wink Icon_twisted Icon_lol 357 357 357

I still have the stays'l sheets, and the "traveler" to get in the 52' Cutter, before it is completed......that might even happen later in the afternoon. ( Nope ) but then again stranger things have happened. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 07-23-2015

Good Morning Blue
Sun and 80s today.
I put the coffee on so somebody stop by and have a cup.
No major plans for today I'm just enjoying summer.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 07-23-2015

Afternoon all. Early meetings. Now a break. Tomato sandwiches for lunch. Had a big line of T'storms come through. Wet everything good for us.

Later.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - cid - 07-23-2015

Wife decorated my b-day cake! We gave up trying to place all the candles a couple of years ago after the kitchen fire... Goldth

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 07-24-2015

Greetings, gang.

Sunny and 70 degrees this morning with a projected high of 87. Thunderstorms are in the forecast for tonight.

Yesterday I got the yard mowed and weed killer applied. I also used Round-up on the track. It's remarkable how quickly the weeds grow. 10 days ago the track was clear. When I got home from Michigan the track was overgrown in several places.

Last night a neighbor brought over a couple of steaks that his kids didn't eat because they were too busy filling up on corn on the cob. I'll need to pick up a couple of potatoes to go with them.

Not much on tap for today other than trim some bushes around the front steps. One of the bushes is trying to come in the front door.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - AF350 - 07-24-2015

Chief Eagles Wrote:Tomato sandwiches for lunch.

:mrgreen: no ripe tomatoes here yet but whats on the vines are pretty big size(Early girl and Better boy varieties) 3 of the pepper plants have bounced back with some new leaves(still a mystery as to the cause of leaf loss) the 4th pepper plant died from being broken. Watering the plants up till now has been pretty easy Icon_lol but getting a nice warm dry day to cut the grass has been a challenge.

I did notice that Captain D's has on their menu has fried green tomatoes (Captain D's = a sea food chain restaurant similar to Long John Silver)

Train wise nothing new or exciting here, did mail order some new trucks (2 oldies pick ups one coke and one with a camper in 1:43 scale, as well as a set of 3 Jurassic world suvs )

Well time for a bit of rest just getting over a upper respiratory infection but am doing fine just tired.

Hope all have a great weekend.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 07-25-2015

Greetings, gang.

Partly cloudy, humid, and 68 degrees outside my window this morning. The high for today is supposed to be in the mid 80s.

Yesterday I got the bushes trimmed around the front door and replaced one of the security lights in the back yard. The old one died after about 4 years. I get them from Harbor Freight. They are solar powered so no wiring involved. Simple and effective. Since I installed the lights the deer have not eaten the day lilies. Prior to that we never saw a bloom. The deer come out of a park a block to the north and treat them like candy.

Not much on the agenda for today.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 07-25-2015

Morning. Got early haircut. Mow and errands today. Yesterday was a rush to lake mow and return for a thing at one of the elementary schools.

Later.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 07-25-2015

Good Morning Blue
90s for the next few days.
I gave up planting green peppers, the rabbits eat the leaves and the plant dies. Tried potting them but they didn't like that.
We do have tomatoes, cukes and green beans. The rabbits don't seem to bother them.
Grass is cut, no errands to run, so I will probably stay in till evening.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 07-26-2015

Mowed yesterday for neighbors and self. Trimmed some tree limbs and hauled them off. Resting today. Well, later building Wifey some trellises for her calamitous. Have a great week ahead.