The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6928)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 08-02-2015

Greetings, gang.

Sunny and 79 headed for sunny and 89 with winds up to 25 mph. Then cooling off tonight and the remainder of the week.

Had a nice lunch visit with oldest grandson. We went to a Chinese buffet and he picked up the tab. Eek It's amazing how much the grandkids have grown up. This morning I've been out for a bike ride and that's the last energetic activity of the day. The remainder of the day will be spent in extended periods of inactivity interrupted by meals and snacks.

Chief - have an idea what your going through. My MIL is showing early signs.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 08-02-2015

Good noon everyone, I missed morning and we're still in the noon hour. Not much going on, we had an extra hard rain most of Friday, and it looks like we had a bit more last night. We're looking at up to 112 the next few days, and rain makes it back in the forecast by Thursday. We're spending most of our time getting thing ready for a giant moving sale, but holding one when it's this hot just isn't right.

I still have some N scale for sale, I'll try to post it all here before I put it in the yard sale. I've been surprised that I've sold a number of N scale cars and locos in yard sales. I may be responsible for someone getting into the hobby, or maybe they're just hanging onto something they bought on a whim or at the urging of a youngster, then quickly lost interest.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 08-03-2015

Morning all. Hotter and more humid. Got my trip to VA to see the former Navy Seal who had cancer operation. He is a lot better. No treatments necessary. Healing OK. Busy today with Town stuff.

Have a good one.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 08-03-2015

Greetings, gang.

Sunny and 64 outside my window this morning. The high is supposed to be in the low 80s.

Had a very quiet weekend. This morning I've already been to Menards and Walmart. Up next is a trip to the gym. This afternoon I'll get my bike loaded into the car to take it to the bike shop tomorrow for some adjustments. Bike shop is an hour west of me so the trip should kill most of the day.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 08-04-2015

Good Morning Blue
Sun and 80s today.
I ran 2 trains this morning just to keep the rails clean.
We have been taking evening walks, haven't done much in the yard lately so the walks keep me moving forward.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 08-04-2015

Good morning all. Today is suppose to be HOT and dry. I think very hot is more descriptive since we're going well over the 110 mark. The say "dry", but right now the humidity is at 25% and for us old time Arizonians, it has to get below 10% before we think of dry heat. We're working in the garage right now to get things organized for a moving sale and we are sweating like crazy, it reminds me of when we lived in Houston for a year.... Crazy

Well, back to the garage..... Icon_lol

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 08-04-2015

Afternoon. Busy day. Just got back from waking Wifey to Mexican [she hadn't eaten]. May go up and mow. Having to water. Hot and dry. later

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 08-05-2015

Good morning all, another hot day in store for us. I know, lots of places are having above average temps, but our average for this date is 105, so our forecast of 114 does prompt an "excessive heat warning". Yeah, and we're going to be working out in the garage again today. Confusedhock:

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 08-05-2015

Morning all. Hot and humid. Watering gardens. Hope all are OK. Later.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 08-06-2015

Greetings, gang.

Cloudy and 64 headed for a high of cloudy and 80.

Yesterday I power washed the front steps and the patio. Not much else accomplished. Today I need to do some shopping. Friends coming over for dinner tomorrow evening so I need to get the trains working well also. Also on the agenda for today is to run the edger around the sidewalks and refresh the sand in the paver blocks on the patio.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Sumpter250 - 08-06-2015

The middle of August, :o 2015 is flying by Confusedhock:
Decided to take "the trip" up to Milwaukee. Stopped in at South Side Trains, 'cause I'd never been there before. Found a book, called "Maritime Milwaukee", published by the Milwaukee Marine Historical Society.
As a model railroader, and a model ship builder, the photos in this book are priceless! Lots of dockside shots, lots of train/ship shots, lots of Schooners, iron hulled steamers, and more modern steel ships.....August 15th, 2015 was a good day ! Big Grin Big Grin

52' Cutter is done, I'll have to get the photo booth set up and shoot some detail pic's, and get them posted.
Nature's been Blue, Green, and warmer than I'd like. .....just the kind of weather for Air Conditioning, and model building. Wink
Maybe I'll get some more work done on the "Tin Can",DD770, model.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - BR60103 - 08-06-2015

We made it back today from a month in Michigan. Not a lot of railway interest there (northwest Michigan). Lots of music, good book stores, and Michael Moore's film festival. This year we managed to get tickets for some films we wanted to see.
The motorhome even behaved.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 08-07-2015

Good morning all. Here we are at the start of yet another weekend, time really flies when you're having fun, so the saying goes. Yesterday was indeed a fun day for sure, we had an outside hose bib leaking, so a simple replace the washer should do the trick. Just one of those things, the more you do, the worse things get. Crazy Four hours later and trips to Ace Hardware and Home Depot, I finally wound up putting in a new hose bib. Even that was a struggle since I could not get the old one to sweat off, I had to cut the pipe and hope there was enough left to attach the new bib. Something that when you ask a clerk for a part, and his reply is, "oh, they stopped making that years ago, you need a whole new one", it just doesn't make for a good outlook on how the rest of the day will be going.... Nope Anyway, it's done, no more leaks and we can move on the fix other things now. Applause

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 08-07-2015

Morning. Went east to farms to do deer plots prep. Hot and humid. Actually had sweat dropping from my short sleeve shirt sleeves. Cooler today but showers around. We got wet here after I got back. Not as big as some who got over an inch. Need more rain.

Meeting today. Wifey and oldest going to Outer Banks. Got to look after kids.

Have a good one.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 08-07-2015

Good Morning Blue
Sun and 80s today
No rain since the storms on Sunday eve. man we sure have had our share of storms this summer. No nice soaking rains, just storms.
We stopped at a farm market yesterday and a 1/2 bushel of tomatoes was $19.50. Ouch...no thanks. Reg gas is around $2.49 and I'm not sure about eggs but I hear they are becoming outrageous in price. It seems if they get too high and they don't sell them, whats the advantage?
S.J.