The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6928)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 08-10-2015

Sumpter250 Wrote:Icon_twisted Icon_twisted Hey Don ! Wink Wink
We all have to "deal with" what's "on our plates" Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
Applause Applause Applause I thought we had a Three Stooges smilie, but we don't so this will have to do... 35 35 35
Worship

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 08-11-2015

Greetings, gang.

Sunny and 63 outside my window this morning. High for today is supposed to be in the low 80s.

Today is packing day for a trip to Nebraska to visit friends and relatives. I'll be gone about a week and participation here will be spotty at best.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 08-11-2015

Good Morning Blue
Sun and 77.
Shopping this morning
Reg gas was from $2.35 to $2.65(at Speedway as usual) they are always trying to bump up the price. If others don't follow they drop back down.
Local Aldis lg eggs were $1.89 doz.
That's my report for today.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - AF350 - 08-11-2015

Confusedtooges:

Found it Icon_lol

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 08-11-2015

Yeah, I keep forgetting to look at the second page of those extra smilies.... Thumbsup Thumbsup
Confusedtooges:

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 08-12-2015

Good morning all. Big storm rolled in yesterday morning. Lots of dust, wind and rain. According to the TV weather report, there was about a half-inch of rain in Waddell which borders Surprise, and is 2-3 miles to the SW of where we live in Surprise, and in Wittmann, just to the north of us, yet the reporter said there was "0" inches of rain in Surprise. What a surprise, especially since our washes were running full and we had water pouring off the roof. This storm continued north where our city's weather station is and then up though to Wickenburg, all along where they reported rain. I don't understand weather reporting, but I do know that if the ground is wet and there's lots of water in our washes and coming off the roof, that is surely is raining out at that time..... Icon_lol

More rain in the forecast for today, let's see if those TV reporters get it right this time. Wallbang

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 08-12-2015

Good Morning Blue
Sun and 70s today.
Amazing. Just as gas prices were predicted to fall, BP announces a refinery break down.
A lot of errands yesterday, so this one might be a lazy one.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 08-12-2015

Morning all. We finally got some rain. Not a big amount but a blessing. Had been watering Wifey's flowers, shrubs and plants for days. She was on a trip to the Outer Banks with oldest. She is back now. Errands today. Sunny and cooler with low humidity.
Have a good one.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - AF350 - 08-12-2015

Good morning all.

Tomatoes are big and red now, home grown tastes so much better than store bought Popcornbeer

Dental appointment this afternoon, then maybe some train time this evening.

No major changes with work after being bought by a bigger company Smile

Car dealers keep sending me flyers with keys for drawings at sales events, never win anything other than $5 0r $10 Wal-Mart gift cards , if they are close by worth the effort but if they are out of the way I just ignore the flyers.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 08-13-2015

Good morning all, no rain yesterday as forecast, but it smells like rain out right now with the humidity at 50% and the dew point at 66°. We do have an "excessive heat warning" in affect though, temps for tomorrow and Saturday can go to 115, both days would be record highs if it does.

Yup, home grown tomatoes cannot be matched in the stores, not when they grow them so they can be shipped without being damaged and they use gas to turn them red, even well before they really become ripe. Crazy I was born and raised in New Jersey where tomatoes are king, and I've not ever been able to find any like you can get there since I moved away. No, I don't think I'd even think of moving back just for those Jersey tomatoes though. Nope

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 08-13-2015

Good Morning Blue
Sun and 70s today.
Home grown or local farm, that's the only tomatoes with any taste. I won't even buy them from the store.
NJ strawberries in late May are also very tasty. We would be visiting in Glassboro around Memorial Day. I still remember them.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Sumpter250 - 08-13-2015

ezdays Wrote:I was born and raised in New Jersey where tomatoes are king, and I've not ever been able to find any like you can get there since I moved away. No, I don't think I'd even think of moving back just for those Jersey tomatoes though. Nope

Either it is true that I have become "old and senile", or you never mentioned being born in "the lost continent" Wink Big Grin
( as comedian Jean Shepherd ), use to call it on his WOR radio late night show.

We grew up " almost neighbors", me on the south shore of Long Island, where Potatoes, not Tomatoes were king.
Icon_twisted I think Tomatoes were "queen" :o Wink 357

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 08-13-2015

Sumpter250 Wrote:
ezdays Wrote:I was born and raised in New Jersey where tomatoes are king, and I've not ever been able to find any like you can get there since I moved away. No, I don't think I'd even think of moving back just for those Jersey tomatoes though. Nope

Either it is true that I have become "old and senile", or you never mentioned being born in "the lost continent" Wink Big Grin
( as comedian Jean Shepherd ), use to call it on his WOR radio late night show.

We grew up " almost neighbors", me on the south shore of Long Island, where Potatoes, not Tomatoes were king.
Icon_twisted I think Tomatoes were "queen" :o Wink 357

Spent the first 18 years of my life in Kearny, overlooking the vast meadow between our town and Jersey City. I could see part of the NYC skyline from our kitchen window and in the early 50's I could hear the piledrivers all day long as they were building the Jersey Turnpike on the other side of this meadow. I did get out to Long Island a few times, but didn't make a habit of it, although I did like riding the Long Island Ferry just for the ride... Applause

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 08-14-2015

AH, were is everyone????? Been busy for the last few as for me. Sunny and turning more humid. Has been real pleasant for a few days. Had a rain but need more. Hope all OK.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 08-14-2015

Hey Chief, pleasant days are all relative. Goldth Is it warm here? Heck no..... it's bloody HOT!!!! Crazy To us right now, a pleasant day would be one where it was pouring rain out. It got up to 114 yesterday and right now at 2:00, it's 112. This has been a brutal summer for us, even us old timers that supposedly are use to this kind of weather. 35 We were out at the crack of daylight this morning fixing some leaks in our landscape dribbler system. Got them both before the weather would have baked our skulls... Applause