The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6928)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - teejay - 08-14-2015

Weather report in Mexico ....sunny today , hot tamale ...... Crazy Goldth ( ouch )

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - BR60103 - 08-14-2015

We had our motorhome in for a bit of work. The engine check light came on at the start of the trip. I finally connected it in my mind with some liquid that I'd noticed dripping underneath when I filled the gas tank. Every time on the trip.
Garage confirmed that the fuel filler line had a crack in it and that was the cause of the warning. Being a small-town type of garage, they carved a new hose out of something. (Motor home bits are not standard stock items.)

Worst bit of the engine check light is that it won't tell you if a second problem occurs!

Last time we saw it, it was the downstream exhaust sensor. The wires to this had been lying on the exhaust pipe and the insulation ...

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 08-15-2015

Good morning all, as I said yesterday, it was HOT out, how hot you ask? Well, we hit 117, a new record by four degrees and only the second time in the history of keeping records did we hit this temp in August. We've got two more days of this record-breaking weather before we got back to just "well above normal" temps. I've lived in the Phoenix area for a very long time and this has to be the hottest summer I can remember. I do remember those 120 and 122 degree days, but they didn't hang on as long as this has. I shouldn't complain though, we live here by choice, and in a few months, we can start bragging again and watch the flood of winter snowbirds and visitors flock back for the season.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Sumpter250 - 08-15-2015

Icon_twisted Wink Big Grin The weather is always better on the other side of the fence.
120 degrees.......that's almost, " Bar B Que without charcoal " weather. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 08-15-2015

Morning all. Still morning. Busy. Set up Wifey's Master Gardener booth at farmers' market. Then off to In-laws to put in a window that FIL knocked out with an ax. Was locked out of house and couldn't get in. Icon_lol Now to cool off some.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 08-15-2015

Sumpter250 Wrote:Icon_twisted Wink Big Grin The weather is always better on the other side of the fence.
120 degrees.......that's almost, " Bar B Que without charcoal " weather. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

The newscasters used to have those, "fry and egg on the sidewalk" challenge and, "how long does it take to melt a block of ice?" thing, but after many years of that, it just got way too old and so far this year, we haven't seen any of that. Applause Applause BBQing without fire would probably work, but I think the buzzards circling around would make short work of that.... Crazy

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 08-15-2015

Greetings, gang.

Sunny and 84 this afternoon.

A-a-a-and the hits just keep comin'. As I mentioned Tuesday I was on my way to Nebraska on Wed. when I got a phone call from my younger son. Seems he was diagnosed with cancer of the tongue, a somewhat rare type of cancer. Instead of heading west I immediately changed course and headed for his home. On Thursday he had a ct scan which confirmed the diagnosis but showed it had not spread to his neck. Next Wed. morning we will have a full body ct scan to see if it has spread anywhere else. Then in the afternoon we will meet with the doctor for the results and presumably a course of treatment.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - BR60103 - 08-15-2015

Major shopping trip today: radio, teapot and train shop.
Our most useful teapot had developed cracks in the glazing - not sure why - and we had exhausted all the local stores. No one had a 4 cup pot. So a bit of a drive to assorted British specialty stores and finally found one that had a couple of shelves of them. By this time we were near Credit Valley and dropped in. Came out with a MR and some tubing.
Then on to get a WiFi radio. My bedside one had given up. We couldn't get another clock radio version, but took the cheapest one they had. I'll have to wake up to turn it on.
Lunch at IKEA.
Circuitous trip home as all the highways seemed to have construction on them and even our detour was closed in Georgetown.
Found at home that my C cells were past their best-before date -- one was dated 2001. Bought a pack and then looked at the radio and found the salesman was wrong -- it's D cells. But it will take rechargeable ones! Finally a sensible design.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 08-16-2015

And a good Sunday morning to you all. I'm not saying that we're in the middle of a hot spell, but here we are at just past 5 AM, it's still dark out and it's 92 degrees. Phoenix is even worse, it shows as being 96 right now. Yesterday was a double record breaker, the low never got below 93, and the high was 115. Obviously, we're in for the same today. Crazy I think it's a good day to stay inside and get some more packing done.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 08-16-2015

Good Morning Blue
Sun and 90s till Tuesday.
I got out yesterday morning and cut the grass.
I coulda waited till Tues. but it would have bugged me.
So now it's done for a week.
My brain doesn't know it yet but my body says I'm getting old so I have slowed down on outdoor activities.
To make up for it we have been taking evening walks and some time on the bike. It's a strange bike cause as I look out the window It doesn't seem to be moving.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 08-16-2015

Evening all. Went to Sunday School. Then rushed down east to family reunion. Hope all are OK.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 08-17-2015

Good morning everyone, yet another scorcher yesterday, 112 in Phoenix, a bit higher here and other parts of the valley. We don't get back to "normal" (105) until the end of the week. I think I'll take Pete's idea and just sell our grill at our yard sale and just put the meat outside on a rock, just like they probably did back in the caveman days. Icon_lol But, on the other hand, when it's 117 out, you really don't have much of an appetite, Nope especially when you know your next electric bill is going to be in the mid to high $300 range.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 08-17-2015

Morning. Hot and humid. Cooler tomorrow and some chances of rain next few days. Need rain again. Working for the Town again all week.

Hope all have a great week this week.

Later

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - cid - 08-17-2015

Hi folks,
Came home last evening from visiting daughter in DC. Took the wife to see 1600 Pennsylvania and then spent the afternoon in the Natural History Museum. Rode the Metro (electric trains Goldth Thumbsup ) in and out. Really enjoyed the mini-vacation, so much so that I stayed home today to brace myself for going back to work tomorrow. Hopefully, they will forgive me.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - teejay - 08-17-2015

I can't even imagine temps approaching 120 although it's the humidity around here that gets you . We are in low 90's , even with the usual cooling effect of having part of the Great Lakes on all three sides . Not much is growing except weeds and crabgrass and I refuse to water because of the cost involved .
Still recovering from my June surgery .....anasthetic really weakens an old guy for a few weeks , atleast that's what I've told my dear wife Icon_lol . We didn't sell the house as planned so I hope to be getting back to the layout that is only partly done and has been put off for some time . At least I LOOK at it every day Goldth .

T