The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6928)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 08-18-2015

Morning. Cloudy and cooler. Some mist around. Hope for rain today. Much needed. Have to serve as driver for MIL to go to eye Dr. Town Board tonight.

Teejay, hope you recover fast.

MIL just called with another excuse to not go to Dr. which she has too. If not, may go blind in one eye. Wallbang

Later

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 08-18-2015

Greetings, gang.

Cloudy and 66 with more rain on the way. Since Sunday evening we have had 3 inches of rain and another 1-2 inches predicted for today.

Quiet day yesterday. Today I'll finish packing and head over to my son's house. Tomorrow we have a ct scan in the morning and visit with the doctor tomorrow afternoon for complete results and hopefully a course of treatment.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 08-18-2015

Good Morning Blue
Sun and clouds, 80s today with the usual chance of storms.
Four aging and ill BILs keep the phone warm. One is not expected to make it through today.
No train news it's kinda been set aside for summer but still ready to run.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 08-19-2015

Morning gang. Light showers. Got a Mayor's day ahead. Meetings and presentations on feeding kids. Have a good one.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 08-19-2015

Good morning all, yet another hump day is upon us, and a rather cool one too. Yup, no more 117 days for a while, today should top out at 109, what a relief. Misngth Yeah, a bit sarcastic, but this heat is getting a bit old, even for us seasoned desert dwellers.... Every day there's video of rescue or recovery efforts on this mountain hiking trail from people who think it's a walk in the park, jogging or hiking it 110+ temps. Some get exhausted, some run out of water. A few get trapped or fall and sometimes the rescuers spend the night with them on some ledge since a helicopter rescue, or going down in the dark can be tricky at night. Why am I even talking about this? Well, I guess I'm getting a bit tired of seeing the same things over and over and you would think that there would be some common sense hit these people before they start out on a jog in this kind of heat. 35

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Steamtrains - 08-19-2015

ezdays Wrote:Good morning all, yet another hump day is upon us, and a rather cool one too. Yup, no more 117 days for a while, . 35

117..??..!! What's the melting point of human flesh..??
We've had a few 100+ days, but the high humidity makes it feel hotter...
And no relief in sight... Curse

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 08-19-2015

Good Morning Blue
Sun and 80s today with afternoon storms expected.
Just checking in.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 08-19-2015

Greetings, gang.

It's a cloudy, cool 66 degrees in southeast Iowa this afternoon. Warming trend starts tomorrow.

Got the best possible news from the doctor this afternoon. My son's cancer is confined to his tongue and one lymph node. Surgery on Monday should take care of it permanently. Follow-ups will, of course, be a regular feature of his life but it looks like this is very treatable. He should be back to work in less than two weeks.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - BR60103 - 08-19-2015

FiatFan Wrote:He should be back to work in less than two weeks.
Tom

There's a cloud in every silver lining.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Charlie B - 08-20-2015

Tom, that is good news. Pass along my best wishes for a complete and speedy recovery to your son.
Charlie

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - faraway - 08-20-2015

Hi, there. I am just learning how much little boxcab engines enjoy traveling. This one arrived last Friday via Paris and Cologne in Frankfurt. That is a very unusual way but Paris and Cologne are nice towns worth a sightseeing for a little engine. I assume the little engine got homesick in Frankfurt after a week and boarded the next plane home and arrived gladly in Miami again where it headed immediately for West Palm Beach to spend a day in the sun.

Funny think is that DHL does not know anything about that parcel. USPS must have a secret undercover facility at Frankfurt airport to foster little engines...... 357

From the USPS log:

August 19, 2015 , 7:18 pm
Departed
West Palm Beach, UNITED STATES

August 19, 2015 , 4:44 pm
Departed
Miami, UNITED STATES

August 14, 2015 , 7:12 am
Departed
Frankfurt, GERMANY

August 14, 2015 , 1:01 am
Departed
Cologne, GERMANY

August 13, 2015 , 8:48 pm
Departed
Paris, FRANCE

August 13, 2015 , 7:48 am
Departed
Philadelphia, UNITED STATES

August 13, 2015 , 4:59 am
Departed
Philadelphia, UNITED STATES

August 13, 2015 , 3:24 am
Departed
Louisville, UNITED STATES

August 13, 2015 , 12:12 am
Departed
Louisville, UNITED STATES

August 12, 2015 , 9:46 pm
Departed
West Palm Beach, UNITED STATES

August 12, 2015 , 1:41 pm
Arrived
Miami, UNITED STATES

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - shortliner - 08-20-2015

Must be due a several thousand miles maintainance check, lube and fuel job.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 08-20-2015

Good Morning Blue
Sun and 70s today. Heavy rain overnight but no storms.
That little engine had quite an adventure. I wonder how much that trip would cost @ adult fare.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 08-20-2015

Afternoon all. Busy day. Seems rains dodged a lot of us. Think the farms got a sizable amount. Hope all OK.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 08-21-2015

Good morning everyone, hope you plans for the weekend go well for you. So, we are now back to normal temps, 105 forecast for today. Also some rain. How much and when depends on who you are listening to at the time. Could be as low as a 10% chance, and as high as 60% and it could, or could not, be every day for the next week or so. Gosh, it must be great to have all that expensive equipment to use and have extensive use of the federal government resources and still have such a wide opinion of what the weather is going to be like.... and get paid well for making these forecasts... Crazy

So much for that, at least it'll be cool enough to be able to work out in the garage. I still have a lot of tools to pack and am still organizing our moving sale. Don't know when that's going to happen though, it depends a lot on the weather..... 357