The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6928)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 08-28-2015

Good Morning Blue
After 3 days of October gloom we finally get to see the sun again.
It's 69 degrees in the house, hoping the sun will warm it up soon.
The sudden change in weather has my sinus' draining like a faucet.
Gotta cut grass today before the weekend rain arrives.
No train news.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 08-28-2015

Morning gang. No meetings [fingers crossed]. Cooler for this time of the year. Errands and mow. Need a shower or two. So does farm as food plots sowed and cotton finishing out.

Have a great weekend.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 08-29-2015

Greetings, gang.

Cool, foggy, and damp in the remote reaches of northern Iowa this morning. Right now it's 57 degrees with an expected high of 78 with some sunshine making an appearance this afternoon. Yesterday we got almost 4 inches of rain. A small town about 15 miles southeast of me got over 6 inches. Needless to say there are flash flood warnings all over the area.

I'm back home after my son's follow-up appointment with the doctor yesterday. He is recovering nicely. One of my daughters is with him for the weekend. We have another appointment in two weeks to discuss the possibility of radiation treatment. There are some pros and cons that will have to be considered.

In other news, I got nothing. Today is going to be a day of rest and relaxation. Tomorrow I may hit some stores to restock the shelves but the most I will do today is go for a short bike ride after it warms up.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 08-29-2015

Morning all. Chores. Not as hot as August usually is. Need rain again.

Tom, prayers for son.

Have a good one.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 08-29-2015

Good morning all, hope your weekend is a good one. Not much for those folks in Florida waiting to see how destructive Erika is going to be. We wish them the best and hope the storm dwindles to a rain shower by the time it reaches shore.

Got the dirt and stuff out of the spa without draining it, just took a lot of attention and running the filter for a few hours. I'd have put the cover on in time if I had any faith in the weather reports, normally, a 20% chance means none at all, and a 70% chance means it'll still bypass us. Not the other day, we got hit first and heavy. I'm not complaining, we always can use rain...

Still packing up stuff we don't really need for now, but it's still too hot to stay out in the garage for any length of time. today's forecast is for 111, Crazy the record is 112 here in Surprise.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - faraway - 08-29-2015

Got a letter from my local customs office to pickup a international "postal item". It is the missing boxcab engine that was suspected to be between Frankfurt and Florida. Somehow was the parcel reclassified to be "registered letter". That is the reason why I could not track the "parcel" in the German DHL system. International shipping is still an exciting game Wink

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 08-30-2015

Good morning all, looks like we're nearing the end of summer, hard to believe that tomorrow is the last day of August. Then again, this hasn't been a very pleasant summer weather-wise that is. Lots of bad stuff all over and for here, one of our hottest summers ever. You've heard me complain about how hot it was in our garage, we're trying to organize our moving sale and couldn't work out there more than a few minutes at a time. Well, just so you know I wasn't exaggerating, we had a few candles that we were going to put in the sale, and here's a shot of them now. They used to stand tall, the smaller one on the right was about 4" tall, and square when we put it out there a few weeks ago. The one on the left now looks like the Tower of Pisa.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 08-30-2015

Good Morning Blue
Cloudy and 70s for today.
Three of us went to a club members house yesterday to paint 12 modular tables.
We did get 2 coats of paint on the tops but lite rain kept us from rubbing an oil finish on the trim.
At least he's at a point where he can oil them himself.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 08-30-2015

Afternoon all. Had a Church ground breaking. Plenty of good food afterward. Thumbsup Send rain. Have a good week ahead.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 08-31-2015

Greetings, gang.

Cloudy and 64 outside my window this morning. High for today is supposed to be 82.

Spent a very quiet weekend. The closest I came to any type of work was preparing meals. The rest of the weekend was spent either reading or watching old movies. Today I need to make a run to the grocery stores ad hopefully a trip to the gym and maybe a short bike ride this afternoon.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 08-31-2015

Morning. 70 and light rain. 1.31 inches so far. Thank you Lord. Nothing but errands and inside chores.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 09-01-2015

Wake up bums!!!! Sun is shining. Few errands today. HS thingy tonight. Have a good one.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 09-01-2015

Good Morning Blue
September 1st.... Sad

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 09-01-2015

Greetings, gang.

Sunny, humid, and 81 degrees this evening. According to the weather experts it will remain like this through Sunday.

August and summer are in the rear view mirror already. Doesn't seem possible. Today I made a quick trip to Walmart, forgot to buy a new filter for the furnace (I'll do that tomorrow), made an appointment to get my wife's car fixed (a/c and air bag light), mowed the yard, went for an 8 mile bike ride, and harvested my first crop of acorns for the year. All in all a busy day.

Tomorrow the only thing on the agenda (besides the furnace filter) is a trip to the gym.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 09-02-2015

Morning all. Off to the farms down east. Servicing the tractor my neighbor let me use. He knows nothing about tractors. Have a good one.