The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6928)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 09-02-2015

Good morning everyone, here we are at mid-week and I don't think I've posted yet since the weekend. Not much going on, we went from home owners to home renters on Monday, we'll stay in the house for a few more months though, hoping they have our new house finished by the end of November. We'll see.

Much damage the past few days in parts of the Phoenix area. Flooding, trees down and roofs torn off buildings and carports. Usually, it's the trailer parks that get the most damage. We could see all the lightning in the distance on Monday night, but nary a drop of rain or a heavy wind came our way. We want rain, but in this case, I think we're lucky that these storms missed us. More rain in the forecast for the rest of the week and then some. Oh, it did not get to 100 yesterday, I guess fall is now in sight. The spa water was at 90, and felt a bit chilly to us.....

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 09-03-2015

Greetings, gang.

Sunny and 72 already this morning in the remote reaches of northern Iowa. It's supposed to be close to 90 today. That would be tolerable with a fan but the humidity is pushing the heat index closer to 100 so I finally broke down and turn on the central air last night.

Yesterday I did get the new furnace filter and went to the gym. Also test fit my bike in my wife's car so I have transportation home when I take it in for repairs next week. Today I need to haul the first crop of acorns to the yard waste disposal site. If I feel energetic I may get the oil changed on both cars this morning.

College football starts this weekend.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 09-03-2015

FiatFan Wrote:Greetings, gang.

Today I need to haul the first crop of acorns to the yard waste disposal site.

Tom

Call your local deer hunters. They should come and get them. I rake them up here and haul down east where it is mainly pines. Put under feeders or pile in shooting lanes.

Morning all. Been doing TV interview on calling older senior citizens [especially those living alone]. our PD does that to insure they are OK. Also do emergency services and etc if needed.

Food plots down east are out standing. 3 to 4 inches tall in one week. Got rained on again last night.

Have a good one.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 09-04-2015

Greetings, gang.

Another warm and muggy day in store for the remote reaches of northern Iowa this morning. Right now it's 72 degrees with 78% humidity. High for today is supposed to be near 90 again. Fall will arrive next week with high temperatures by then only in the low 70s.

The oil change project has been put off until next week. The only things I accomplished yesterday were a bike ride and some bill paying. On tap for today is a trip to the store to stock up for the weekend and a trip to the gym.

Frank - thanks for the tip.

All stay safe and have a safe and happy Labor Day weekend.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 09-04-2015

Good morning all, it's the start of a long weekend for many with Labor Day on Monday. We used to look forward to the 24-hour telethon every year. Then it was reduced to 22 hours. A few years ago they cut it down to around six hours and without their long-time host, Jerry Lewis. Last year I think it ran about three hours, and this year they say they are making enough so they can skip the telethon entirely. A pity, it was part of history, a tradition that I though would be around forever, but it is the bottom like that dictates how these things go....

It must have rained a bit last night, we got immanent storm warnings and looked for the worse, but just some wind and a few drops of rain. Today looks like the same, 50% chance of rain tonight, and I guess a few drops qualifies.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Sumpter250 - 09-04-2015

ezdays Wrote:50% chance of rain tonight, and I guess a few drops qualifies.

I'm more familiar with "50% chance of rain tonight" usually meaning .. " Move all the valuables to the boat, and hope there isn't too much wind " Icon_twisted Wink 357

Then again, August 31, 1954, Hurricane Carol, a category three Hurricane, ......I went for a swim in Noyac Bay, in the eye of that storm...... Yeah, I was just two and a half months short of my 11th birthday ! Wink ...... even in Nature's most violent moods, there are moments of overwhelming beauty. Cheers

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 09-05-2015

Morning all., Up and off to just below Petersburg VA. Going to help Sister-in-law and her fellow build a deck. Back tomorrow. All have a great weekend.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 09-05-2015

Good morning everyone, hope your weekend (and holiday) is going well for you all. Big threat of a storm last night, really dark skies, lightning, wind and all that comes with one, just missing one element.... rain.... Not a drop, so we were on the wrong side of that 50% chance once again. It's the luck of the draw as we say in poker, when we lived on the east side, the heavy rains and storms hit the west side. Now that we live on the west side, all this stuff is happening on the east side. There some good to that though, all our roofs are intact and our big trees are still standing, they can't say that over on the east side though. Nope

Anyway, temps should be below 100 here today, so maybe I can get some packing and organizing done outside.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 09-05-2015

Good Morning Blue
Sun and hi 80s today.
A lot of storms this week, crazy weather here.
No plans for today but a family reunion tomorrow, mothers side. Few of us from my youth are still around most are the next generations.
Prices in the new L catalog are more than I'm willing to pay esp. engines.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - BR60103 - 09-05-2015

Took SWMBO over to my sister's for a shower for my nephew's finance. I dropped over to a friend's. He's had a set of my father' slides for a few years now, scanning them and tidying them up. (He's been working on a book of old CPR photographs recently -- second printing coming shortly). The slides are WW2 or slightly later aircraft recognition. Different types of aircraft in front/side/bottom silhouettes* plus a master. I think they would be shown on a screen for a few seconds to test/instruct spotters. I plan to donate the slides to one of the air force museums.

* sounds like my railfan pictures.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 09-06-2015

Home! Worked on deck until 5 yesterday. Started a 7:30 and got it done by 1 today. It was 16X 16. Had to build three steps. One was 5 foot tall to come from a tall deck down to the new one. Had rain while we were gone. Grass to mow tomorrow. Rest up now after a shower [Wifey and I hit the road as soon as I got my "stuff" loaded]. Old man is stiff and tired.
Later

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 09-06-2015

Good afternoon everyone, a lazy Sunday and holiday weekend for sure. Then again, we're still doing a bit of packing when we get some energy. It did rain last night, not much but enough to leave a few puddles. Temps at or a bit above 100, but they have 108 in the forecast for the end of the week. Nope, those aren't records, not even close. Nope

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - BR60103 - 09-06-2015

Some examples of my slides.

the giveaway

The master slide

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 09-06-2015

Greetings, gang.

Still warm and muggy at 72 degrees and 78% humidity this evening. We hit 90 degrees this afternoon.

We're halfway through the last long weekend of summer. I hope everyone is enjoying it.

Not much accomplished yesterday. Today I got in a bike ride and another crop of acorns. Today's crop weighs close to 80 lbs. It was almost more than I could lift. While i was outside my neighbor wandered over and I mentioned what Frank had said about deer hunters. He has a guy at work and will talk to him about the acorns. Thanks, Frank.

Not much planned for tomorrow other than dinner with my daughter and her family, celebrating son-in-law's birthday.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 09-07-2015

Good morning all, a holiday here in the US, don't know if any other places celebrate Labor Day, but for those that do, relax all day if you can.

David, neat slides, I remember seeing stuff like that in the 50's, not on slides but pictures. I think a museum would be pleased to have these, they are a part of history.