The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6928)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 09-12-2015

Greetings, gang.

Sunny and 63 here in the remote reaches on northern Iowa this afternoon. High for today is supposed to be about 68.

I'm back from eastern Iowa. My son and I visited with both his surgeon and the radiology oncologist. Their consensus was that due to the size and depth of the tumor removed from my son's tongue that he should have radiation treatment. My son has not decided yet but when I left he was leaning 70-30 in favor of having the treatment. If he does I will have to spend several weeks with him. At this rate I may never get some time for myself.

Not much else to report. Today and tomorrow will be days of rest. On Monday I'll pick up my wife's car from the repair shop.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - rtraincollector - 09-13-2015

Morning all on the cool side here this am for this area 55 degree's but felt good for my morning sit on the porch. No plans for today probably put a ceiling fan or two up and a little straightening up of garage, storage room, and what's suppose to be my room so I can get some organization back to how I like it. Have to look at it closely and what I would have to do but may take 1/2 the garage for a train layout seeing the truck is 8" to long to fit in it lol. I knew when I bought the place it was going to be close. But it gives me a great work-shop anyway. Not really worried about the truck being in a garage either.

Well guess it's time to make some breakfast talk to you all later.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 09-13-2015

Good morning all. Our truck has never seen the inside of our garage in the 11 years that we've lived here. Our other vehicle has been inside maybe four times in all those years. My priority for this space is my workshop although most everything was on wheels to move it out of the way if need be. I say, "was" because a lot of my tools are now in storage. Our new house will have a 2 1/2 car garage so I'll have more room to put my tools, I still don't know if there will be room for any vehicle to fit afterwards.... Nope

There's been rain in our forecast for the past week and still for the next four or five days, but we've not seen more than a tinkle in a while. Glad it's warm right now though, our hot water heater went out a few days ago and won't get replaced until tomorrow. During the summer months, our cold water sometimes is warm enough that we don't need hot water to shower with. We're fortunate that it happened now. If it happened two weeks earlier, we'd have had to get a new one on our dime. We closed escrow at the end of last month and the heater then was covered under the home warranty that we bought for our buyers. We are renting our old house for a few months until our new one is ready to move into. There still may be a few weeks where we could be homeless though, depending on the builder's schedule. It seems as if framers and drywallers are at a premium around here, more new construction than trade people available to build.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 09-13-2015

Good Morning Blue
Sun and 54 degrees
Granny's car get's the garage. The rest of it is workbench, tools, lawnmower, you get the idea.
The Escape gets the garage only if a heavy snow is forecast as it has so many different curves and crevices it's hard to clear snow off of.
Our first club meet of the new season was last night on our club members new layout.
No video online yet but I don't think anyone from here looks anyway.......oh by the way it's Friday the 13th on Sunday this month so be careful.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 09-13-2015

Morning all. Fall is here for us. Cool and low humidity.

Yesterday was a tuft day for me. Had to judge 35 plates of pork and chicken bar-b-q.

Tom, prayers for you and your son.

Have a good one.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 09-14-2015

Greetings, gang.

It's a sunny 61 degrees this morning outside my window with a predicted high of about 80. Temps will gradually increase through the week until Saturday when they return to more normal fall temperatures in the 70s.

Yesterday I finished removing the stump from the outdoor track. Next spring I will kill off what vegetation remains inside the track and start filling the area with decorative rock. It's just too difficult to keep grass and weeds out of the ground cover we had planted. I will be keeping the tall decorative grasses that act as a view block but the rest of the vegetation will be gone.

So far the only item on the agenda for today is to pick up my wife's car from the repair shop.

My car goes in the single garage and my wife's car stays outside, mainly because she didn't want to try and back her car out. Soon I will be down to a single car. Only thing left to do is get the passenger door inside release fixed.

Frank - I hope you had plenty of plop plop fizz fizz on hand.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 09-15-2015

Good morning all, yup, we had rain the past two nights. There was some flooding in parts of the south valley, but we just got some needed rain up this way. Something those folks up in northern California need right now. Those fires are so intense that these people can't even sift through the ashes, nothing left for them to save. Let's hope they can stop this from spreading.

Had a hot shower today, after five days of cold (well, just not hot) showers, the put in a new boiler yesterday. I'm happy, the new owners are happy and the plumbing company is happy. The only people who are not happy are those from the home warranty company, two weeks into the warranty and they had to shell out the entire amount that they got. I guess that's the risk you take when you provide this kind of insurance. It must be overall profitable or they wouldn't do it, would they? Nope

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - rtraincollector - 09-15-2015

Morning all nice day out there today suppose to have a high in the mid 80's so I can live with that. It's in the high 60's right now. Need to do the trim work in the yard today and probably put a couple of ceiling fans up from the old place today and that will be it for here today. May rearrange some more boxes for the other half so she can unpack some more stuff. I swear we are going to get rid of a lot of this stuff as we don't have room for it all. I'm going to build tables and have one heck of a yard sale. Well time for breakfast talk to you all later

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 09-15-2015

Greetings, gang.

Sunny, breezy, and 66 this morning. High for today i supposed to be 85 and windy with winds up to 35 mph.

Got my wife's car home from the repair shop yesterday. Needed freon for the a/c but the air bag light is still on. Mechanic said I'll probably have to take it to a dealer to get the air bag replaced. That could be a little pricey.

On tap for today is to get the oil changed in both cars and harvest a final crop of acorns.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 09-15-2015

Morning. Long day in the woods down east. Walked almost 6 miles in and out of the woods areas. Moved three stands. Was beat when I got home around 9 PM.

Tom, check to see if it is on recall. Also, depending on mileage, may be warranty. Can't remember items that went to 100K.

Have a good one.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ngauger - 09-15-2015

Tom: Prayers for you & Your son..

Also: I agree that you should look into recalls, you never know if you missed one.
Here's the link to the site if you need it Smile
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="https://vinrcl.safercar.gov/vin/">https://vinrcl.safercar.gov/vin/</a><!-- m -->

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 09-15-2015

Hello Blue
Still summer weather, low 80s today. Times running out though.
I ran a few trains and took a nap.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - rtraincollector - 09-16-2015

Morning all hope all doing well today. Little sore today think I over did it some yesterday so today is a day of rest/take it easy. Still going thru things that we have pack now trying to decide do we want to really keep it lol. Anyway today is a break day no rush to get it done.

Hope all have a good day talk to you all later

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - faraway - 09-16-2015

Apple's IOS Version 9 is released and swamps the internet. Access to all US hosted sites is remarkable slow since some hours. I understood they setup some mirror sides in Europe. May be the German inbound traffic is swamped too and cause my delays.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 09-16-2015

Greetings, gang.

It's 79 degrees at almost 10:30 at night. We get this once in a while but very rarely in Sept. The humidity is comparatively low at ~50% so it's not real uncomfortable.

Thanks for the tip on the recall. I checked. It's not. Now I just need to decide whether to get it fixed or just take the price hit and get rid of it. I looked on the internet (always a very reliable source of highly accurate information) and it could cost me anywhere from $400 to $1000 to get it fixed.

Today I got the last crop of acorns collected. Tomorrow I'll dispose of those. Also on tap for tomorrow is a grocery run.

All stay safe.

Tom