The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6928)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - teejay - 09-23-2015

Afternoon everyone .....just cut the lawn but have been putting off trying to fix the clothes dryer ....spins but no heat . So I Google it and it sez " get a multimeter to test everything " ....so I do that and , of course everything seems fine ......eyeballed the coil for breaks in the wire . Nope . Augg! , I don't want to get a new dryer ! ....so we are using the neighbours for now but that's a pain . It wouldn't have broken if I was still working ! Icon_lol

Just reading the local news on the latest Volkwagon fiasco ........local big shot lawyer tripping all over the place to get a class action suit going .......my prediction ? Lawyers get most of the gold , VW owners will get the shaft for their now devalued Vee Dubs .........maybe a coupon to buy another VW . What a mess .

Off to the local car cruise this evening ...100 cars showed last week .

T

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 09-24-2015

Greetings, gang.

It's a gray and gloomy day in the remote reaches of northern Iowa. 63 right now headed for 73 with off and on showers throughout the day.

Got my appointment made for the eye doctor after another nagging phone call from my younger son. On tap for today is a trip to the tire dealer to buy a couple of tires for my wife's car. The back tires are completely shot. Only thing left is the air bag light which may entail a complete new air bag.

On a positive note my older daughter stopped by yesterday and dropped off a cantaloupe, tomatoes, and cucumbers from her garden. BLT's for supper tonight!

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 09-24-2015

Good Morning Blue
Sun and 70s into next week.
That's fine with me.
No more BLTs for me Tom our growing season is over.
A few chores but mostly a goof off day.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 09-25-2015

Greetings, gang.

Thank you Packey for getting us back together. Waveof7 2285_ 2296_

It's a sunny 79 degrees this afternoon. According to the NWS it's supposed to cloudy and 75.

So far today I've been to the gym. Next up is a bike ride. Then I'll be taking my wife's car in for some new tires. Should make for a busy afternoon.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 09-25-2015

Welcome Back Blue

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 09-26-2015

Greetings, gang.

Sunny and 52 headed for sunny and 79. Temps will stay warm until Tuesday when more normal temperatures return.

Got all my chores done yesterday. After getting the car back I may have to get the other two tires replaced also. On tap for today is college football at 11 and a bike ride after the game.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 09-26-2015

RAIN and more RAIN! Much needed though. Wedding to attend this afternoon.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 09-26-2015

Good Morning Blue
Sun & 70s today
Afternoon football but I will probably fall asleep.
It's more fun when you have someone to complain about the plays with....LOL
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - rtraincollector - 09-26-2015

Afternoon all cloudy but that's about it so far today Thursday we got about 5" of rain yesterday not sure but it wasn't anywhere near that haven't seen anything yet today but it is threatening. No real plans for the day may go to the store do want to look into putting up a ceiling fan or 2 but will see how the day plays out. Have a friend considering going from O to n because of room he has I looked at same thing when he mentioned it but I just can't deal with n ( sorry guys there just to small for me ) I like to do my own repairs when I can and there size would wipe me out on that about 8 years ago or so I tried replacing couplers on a few for a vet in the nursing home side here and it about did me in doing that. putting them on the track and running them I guess I would be okay but that would be it.

Well hope all having a good weekend talk to you all later

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 09-27-2015

Good Morning Blue
Was an aching body full of congestion day.
Perfect for the couch and football. Nope
Ah but all four teams that I like won.
Enjoy your last Sunday of September.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - teejay - 09-27-2015

Top O' The Mornin' , Everyone ....another nice day in store ......going to sit out and watch the eclipse tonight around 10 pm . Since the next one is around 2033 , I'd better get this one Goldth Goldth . Lots of excitement about the Toronto Blue Jays making the playoffs for the first time in 23 years .....looking forward to post season . They are a fun team to watch .
Guess I'll go grab another cuppa .

Later , T

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 09-27-2015

Greetings, gang.

Looks like today will be the last nice day of September for me. High for today is supposed to be about 80. Tomorrow will still be warm but the rain starts moving in and there are chances for rain for the rest of the week with highs in the upper 60s to about 70. It could be getting close to chili weather.

No major plans for today.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 09-27-2015

Afternoon. Rains stopped. Sun in and out. Being lazy. Had 2.25 inches of rain.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 09-28-2015

Greetings, gang.

It's a partly cloudy 64 degrees this morning with and expected high in the upper 70s. We're supposed to get some light showers this evening.

Quiet day yesterday. I did spend about 3 hours outside last night watching the lunar eclipse. Quite a show. Looks to be another quiet day today.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 09-28-2015

Morning all. Cloudy. Off to get arm cut deeper. Should be OK. Just a few stitches.

Have a great week.