The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6928)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 10-03-2015

Greetings, gang.

Sunny and cool outside my window this morning. Right now its 43 after an overnight low of 36. Getting real close to having frost on the pumpkins. Another low 60s high is predicted for today.

Got my wife's car back from the repair shop and it's a pleasure to drive again. Also got the track fixed in the back yard and ran some trains. Worked really great. Then I decided to take the tool box to the basement - 30 second trip. Yep, you guessed it. The caboose and one log car derailed. Put them back on the track and the train ran flawlessly for another half hour. Put the trains away, got cleaned up, and went to dinner with some friends. As we were being seated I ran into some old friends from work. Had a brief but pleasant chat with them. After supper my friend and I went to Menards while his wife had to run her office for something or other. All in all a very pleasant evening.

Today is college football and yard waste disposal (which I was supposed to do yesterday). East coasters keep your water wings handy.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 10-03-2015

Morning. Big rains. Now let up. Not much today until 4 PM. Tow hour shift at Food Lion collecting food and $$ for back pack buddies.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 10-03-2015

Good Morning Blue
44 overnight 55 for the Hi today. Windy
Rain from the east expected tonight.
The grass is cut, the garden is ready for winter but I'm not.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - rtraincollector - 10-03-2015

Morning all Word of the day is rain and more rain . At least where not getting the bad winds with it also. Can be thankful for that. Definitely a inside day. Not much going on other than that trying to wake up but the rain don't want you to lol you all have a good weekend talk to you all later

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Sumpter250 - 10-03-2015

Good Afternoon Cheers
It won't be too much longer than we here in Illinois, will begin feeling the effects of the current Hurricane. The one thing I do not miss, living here, in the "middle of the country", is the violence of a hurricane. I had enough of that growing up on the South Shore of Long Island.
Yeah there is the occasional tornado... knock on wood... not here......yet, and we do get some "interesting" Thunder Storms.
It's a good day for staying inside, and, maybe, getting some more work done on the Tern. I stopped by Ron's Hobbies, in Mundelein, Il. and picked up some dry transfer lettering. I have a feeling that by this evening, the "Tern" will be lettered as, and become, "Grace Bailey".
As I have mentioned before, the schooner whose lines I used for this build, was originally named that.
She'll be on display on my modules, Nov. 14,15, at Trainfest in Milwaukee. With the hull and deck done, she can be afloat again and undergoing "re-fitting", at the Seaport Village and Museum.
( That's my story.....and I'm sticking to it ) Icon_twisted 357 Wink Big Grin

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 10-04-2015

Greetings, gang.

Sunny and cool again in the remote reaches of northern Iowa. It's 39 and again headed for a high in the low 60s. Warming trend is supposed to start tomorrow.

Yesterday I got the yard waste disposed of and watched some college football. Wasn't very happy with the outcome. After the game I set up the train in the back yard and started a fire in the fire pit. Sat there for two hours watching the fire and the train. A very relaxing evening.

Nothing major planned for today. May run the trains again this evening.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 10-04-2015

Afternoon all. Rain again. Crows and squirrels trying to get pecans. Curse

Tom, glad you had a good afternoon/evening.

Later.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 10-04-2015

Hello Blue
Gloomy and damp all day. Rain overnight but none today.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 10-05-2015

Greetings, gang.

Sunny ad 39 this morning with a high predicted to be in the mid 60s.

Quiet day yesterday with very little accomplished. This morning I'm headed for Walmart and then a trip to the gym. This afternoon's agenda remains open.

Prayers for those in the east suffer from the excessive rains.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 10-05-2015

Morning all. Rain again but a lot less. Yes, prayers for those in southeastern NC and most of SC. Wish some had gone to CA. We've got a bunch and farmers still trying to get tobacco out of the fields. It will cost them $$$.

Have a good week ahead.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Sumpter250 - 10-05-2015

"Rainy days, and Mondays"......and when it's a Monday, AND a rainy day, it can really, "always get you down".
So much for the "morning walk" guess I'll have to get over to the local mall, and do my walk there.
On the plus side: the "Camp Fire" feels good this morning ( OK it's just minutes away til noon ) Wink

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - BR60103 - 10-05-2015

I was at a railway show on the weekend and a table of old Model Railroaders got me thinking. A couple of piles of 1950s era mags and they all seemed to have people on the cover, either operating or building. The current ones are designed to deceive you into thinking it's a prototype trains magazine.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - rtraincollector - 10-05-2015

Evening all I like taking my older copies of classic toy trains to the V.A. so someone else can get to read them. I may be looking at switching to digital thou as I'm now in a lot smaller place and it would be nice not to have to store them also. will see may start getting rid of them after a year instead of 2 years . Not much going on here today trying to clean out what will be my train room/office. Man we have a lot of junk lol. G scale trains may have to go. There basically new one set ran a little the other never just displayed there Bauchman so not the real expensive ones but should be able to get a few $$ for them both are PRR passenger sets one in tuscan red the other Green cars Black engine. I think or its a green engine with the green set and black engine with the red set I can't remember lol
Guess need to get them out.

Hope all had a good day and that the rest of the week is good also

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 10-06-2015

Greetings, gang.

Cloudy and 55 this morning. The high for today is supposed to be in the low 70s with lots of clouds.

Had a good day yesterday. Set a new personal best for swimming a half mile. When I got home the pine tree in the parking had been removed. Thank you, neighbor! Later in the afternoon he came outside for a smoke and I invited him over for a beer. The train was running and we just sat and shot the breeze for about a half hour.

Also yesterday I got my wife's car washed. I had taken it through the car wash but that didn't get all the dirt off so I had to wash it by hand. I will need to get some cleaning compound because some of the dirt wouldn't come off, even with scrubbing. Also need to wax it.

On tap for today is...?

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 10-06-2015

Hello Blue
Gray gloom today but no rain. Lo 60s.
I take my unwanted mags to the train shows. leave them on the Flyer table, they are usually snatched up pretty fast.
I always mark free on the covers so they can't be grab and sold. A lot of them also went to club members. I will stay with the paper copy I like having it in my hands.
S.J.