The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6928)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 10-07-2015

Greetings, gang.

Partly cloudy and 52 outside my window this morning. The high for today is supposed to be in the low 70s. Tomorrow is supposed to be rainy.

Yesterday was busier than I had anticipated. Trimmed back the bridal wreath on the west side of the house, went for a bike ride, did some work on my wife's car, and ran the passenger train in the back yard.

Today I need to run to Walmart, go to the gym, clean up a mess in the dining room (repairing a hole in the wall necessitated by plumbing repairs), and whatever else pops up.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 10-08-2015

Morning gang. Been real busy. Sun is out. That means mow and mow. Here and lake house. Hope all OK. Have a good one.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 10-08-2015

Greetings, gang.

Looks to be another nice day in the remote reaches of northern Iowa. Right now it's 61 headed for a prognosticated high of 74. No rain occurred last night even with all the predictions.

Another productive day yesterday. Got the leaves picked up in the yard. I'll be taking to to the yard waste disposal site later this morning. I also got the supplies needed to repair the hole in the dining room wall. If it doesn't work out I will call a friend who actually knows how to do this stuff. Other plans on the agenda include some more outdoor track work.. I found a spot where the 4 on the 4-6-0 derails. Everything else rolls through there just fine. Went to Fazoli's last night for supper. Somewhat disappointed. My wife's fettuccine was much better.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 10-09-2015

Greetings, gang.

Another sunny day underway here in the remote reaches of northern Iowa. 48 degrees headed for a high of only 62. Warming trends starts by tomorrow with highs for Sunday predicted to be in the low 80s.

Got the Afternoon Special out yesterday afternoon to run it for a while. The pilot truck would occasionally derail in one spot. Started investigated and discovered that one section of tie strip was under the minimum track gauge. I had one spare strip left so I replaced it. After that the train ran for over an hour without a derailment. Hopefully that's the last of the track repairs. There have been a lot of repairs this fall but the track has been neglected for some time and was definitely in need of some attention.

On the agenda for today is a trip to the gym this morning. After lunch I'll probably harvest another crop of leaves. "Late afternoon may see a fire in the fire pit and an adult beverage or two.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 10-09-2015

Afternoon all. Busy day. My stuff. Two Dr.'s apts. Got stitches out of arm. Now to go she twins' Tee Ball game with Frankie and Future.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 10-10-2015

Greetings, gang.

Clear and 39 degrees outside my window this morning. Today's high is supposed to be 75.

Yesterday I went to the gym to swim but all 6 lanes were in use. First time that's happened in almost 7 years. Yesterday afternoon I picked up a small batch of leaves and then got out the Afternoon Special. It wouldn't stay on the track for love nor money. This after an hour and a half run the day before with no problems. Curse Curse Wallbang Wallbang

Today I need to run to Menards and Walmart. This afternoon will be college football. After the game I may run the Hotshot Freight in the back yard and get a fire going in the fire pit.

Had a weird dream last night in which I joined the Marines. :?: No more watching WWII movies before bed.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 10-10-2015

Good Morning Blue
Sun and 70 for the afternoon.
Club meet tonight. Always a fun evening.
I visited Menards for the first time yesterday. They built it Between Lowes & Home Depot.
This new one is 3 miles away while the other is about 30 minutes so I never went to see it.
Really big store but prices seem the same as the others.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 10-10-2015

Morning. A little rain on the way. Not much happening today. Seems nice.

Tom, hope you get it all straighten out. Funny how they seems to suddenly act up.

SJ, enjoy the club meet.

Later

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - rtraincollector - 10-11-2015

Morning Blue been a few days not much going on here other than decided to sell my G scale ( Bachmann & Lionel ) and some of my O gauge as just don't have room in this place as we did move into a lot smaller place than we had so prioritizing and sorting on the O gauge side to determine whats going other than that just relaxing. Had some good rain yesterday and last night. Sun is trying to show it's face this am. About to go make my self some breakfast been sitting here at the putor with headphones on relaxing a little hope all have a good day talk to you all later.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 10-11-2015

Greetings, gang.

One more sunny and warm day in store for us. Right now it's 57 with a predicted windy high of 85. Then a cold front moves through overnight and tomorrow's high is supposed to be an even windier 69.

Watched my football team lose on the last play of the game for the fourth week in a row. Wallbang Wallbang Wallbang On the bright side I started patching the hole in the dining room wall and made some good progress. I'll probably work on that some more on Tuesday. Today I plan to spend much of the day outside and tomorrow I go to the eye doctor for new glasses.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - rtraincollector - 10-11-2015

FiatFan Wrote:Greetings, gang.

Watched my football team lose on the last play of the game for the fourth week in a row. Wallbang Wallbang Wallbang On the bright side I started patching the hole in the dining room wall and made some good progress. I'll probably work on that some more on Tuesday. Today I plan to spend much of the day outside and tomorrow I go to the eye doctor for new glasses.

All stay safe.

Tom
Tom move the TV from the dining room and you won't have to worry about getting a hole in the dining room wall Icon_lol

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 10-11-2015

rtraincollector Wrote:
FiatFan Wrote:Greetings, gang.

All stay safe.

Tom
Tom move the TV from the dining room and you won't have to worry about getting a hole in the dining room wall Icon_lol
Icon_lol Icon_lol Icon_lol Icon_lol

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 10-11-2015

Hello Blue
Sun and 70s today.
No sale at the train show this morning.
All the college teams I watch won yesterday.(4)
Along with Granny's Red Wings.
Club meet last night.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 10-11-2015

Afternoon. Sun is out and it is cooler. Pretty day. Going to take food to in-laws.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 10-11-2015

If anyone is interested, our Detroit3railers club meet video is now posted on OGR or on our website.
There are no ads. We offer nothing for sale.
S.J.