The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6928)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 10-12-2015

Greetings, gang.

It's a sunny 55 degrees this morning in the remote reaches of northern Iowa. High for today is supposed to be 68 with 40 mph winds.

Not much accomplished yesterday but I did ride the bike for 14 miles. Today I'm off to get my eyes examined and then some shopping in Ames. On the way home I may stop by Kidman Tree Farm (G scale vendor).

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 10-13-2015

Greetings, gang.

Seems like only the embers are left on this campfire.

Sunny and 39 this morning with a predicted high of about 65. Not nearly as windy as yesterday's 35+ mph wind.

Got my eyes tested, they still work. Then went to Kidman Tree Farm (?G scale vendor) Brought a bunch home and ordered more. Today will be a leaf harvesting day.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 10-13-2015

FiatFan Wrote:Greetings, gang.

Seems like only the embers are left on this campfire....

Not really, we just put some hardwood on the fire and it needs time to ignite.

Sorry, I've not been posting much of anything for a while. My wife has been in the hospital for 10 days now and we're hoping she'll be able to come home this week. I'd rather not say what her problem is, but it's going to take a lot of care from this point on. Between hospital visits, trying to contact those in charge of her care, packing, getting ready for our moving sale and doing some house-hunting, my day is really full.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 10-13-2015

Good Morning Blue
Embers are low on most of the toy train forums right now.
Me thinks many of us are trying to get things done before the nasty arrives.
Errands today.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 10-13-2015

Morning all. Pretty day. Sunny and cooler. Was in the woods done east yesterday. Real nice.

Prayers for Mrs. Daz.

Have a good one.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Charlie B - 10-13-2015

I too will pray for your wife Don.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - rtraincollector - 10-13-2015

Prayers for Mrs EZDAYS as we all need some prayers off and on and a hope for a quick recovery. Good luck on the moving sale I know what your going thru there I'm going thru a post moving sale getting things together without much help who I need input or she's going to be mad when I sell it all off oh well she is being given a chance will do sale in spring I guess give me time to get things ready.

Not much going on here waiting on a call to see what it will cost to re-level this house ( it has been moved before) then go to the landlord/seller ( I'm buying after the 1st of the year ) to see what we can work out.

Well breakfast is done so time to eat talk to you all later

Hello Blue
Sunny and 50s today.
Ran some errands this morning but nothing from my train world.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - AF350 - 10-13-2015

Afternoon all.

EZdays,

thoughts and prayers.

Found a JCPenny's Marx train set with original box at a local thrift shop on 10/11/2015 an early Bday gift for myself(Bday 10/12). One bad coupler on the gondola and missing 34 piece village set. All the track including a 90 deg. crossing was there needed a little cleaning train complete and clean and in good running order . 2285_
Not sure the exact date of mfg. I am guessing 1960's to 1970's set number is 9801 which is not in my pocket guide, Greenburg's guide to marx vol. III sets is out of print and Amazon has used books starting at $114.00 sounds like the guide is as much a collectable as the trains 35 Icon_lol The locomotive is a #490 with a NYC tender, a box car, gondola and caboose makes up the set with a 25 watt transformer.

Work is kinda slow but will pick up quite a bit by the end of the month all the way through January and a small blip in February(valentines day ads).

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - rtraincollector - 10-13-2015

Okay will try this again had a nice response all typed out and we lost power for about 1 second so there went everything Curse anyway as was saying SJ is the marx guy he may be able to help you Identify that set better I had 490's before and there good running little engines.
Nothing earth shattering here today other than took the 262 apart to fix it and got in over my head as it going to need to be separated which requires wheel pullers which I do not have as one wire that is brittle and stripping is to the middle pickup and you can't get to that with out doing the above so will be sending it to a friend. need to put everything in a bag so nothing is lost ( parts wise ( tiny screws lol) and get it going to him. Man I hate sending it to him like it is as it is a complete mess right now. Been pulling out some of my trains that I'm going to display and getting them on the shelves got my two post war sets up so far need to build a addition for the one did so for the first one so far. Well hope all had a good day tomorrow is hump day so take it easy

Marx set 9801 is listed in Volume 3.
Nothing more than the set components listed.
Only reference to date is that it had a 1951 tender.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - AF350 - 10-13-2015

Thanks for the information on the marx set 9801, I will post a pic of box artwork if anyone is interested in what it looks like.

Just heard the news weather report possible first snow in Northeast Ohio Confusedhock: although it has snowed here on Halloween a few times. But they are talking flurries not an actual accumulation.

Last of the tomatoes on vine need to be picked here.

Ate at a certain Italian chain restaurant, shorted us on sauce on 2 of the four entrees had to ask for more sauce. Also they have a new electronic self service device at each table that you can call a waiter or even place your order for faster service. They have a selection of "games" that can be played by kids unlimited during the visit for a one time FEE of $1.99. There were no kids and we did not even use the device in any way but they put it on the bill so I had a word with the waiter about that charge he went to the manager and brought back a new bill less the erroneous charge. The food was good(Asiogo roasted garlic alfredo spaghetti with Italian sausage )but won't go there again as they are expensive unless I have a gift card. Point of story always check the bill before paying :?

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - faraway - 10-14-2015

We mastered our first week of vacation and will try hard to do the second one too .....
[Image: image_zpsr7pzuof5.jpeg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 10-14-2015

Greetings, gang.

Clear and cool this morning at 36 degrees. High for today is supposed to be in the mid 60s again.

Don - prayers for your wife's speedy recovery.

Reinhard - hope you're not suffering too much in such deplorable surroundings. 357

Yesterday I got a big batch of leaves cleaned up but I ran out of steam and was feeling a little under the weather so I didn't run any trains yesterday. Maybe today. Also on tap for today is to start a search for some new glasses. I have the prescription, just need to select a style.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 10-14-2015

Morning all. Pretty day. Cleaning and getting greenhouse ready for cold weather.

AF, all restaurant chains are going that way. Takes up table space and irritating. Young folks love it.

Tom, hope you feel OK today.

All have a good one.