The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6928)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 10-25-2015

Good Morning Blue
Sun and 60s today.
No rain till Patricia arrives on Wednesday.
Football game went all thumbs up for me yesterday.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 10-25-2015

Greetings, gang.

Nice day today. 55 and sunny with light winds.

Prayers for Don and his wife. Very concerned. I know he's busy with wife and trying to buy/sell house.

Went to a train show this morning. Small but nice. Picked up my first laser cut wood kit - Sam's Supply Store by Ye Olde Huff and Puff - for $5. Nice bargain. On tap for the rest of today is an F1 race at two and the logging train outside after the race.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - rtraincollector - 10-26-2015

Morning all 63 cloudy and suppose to be rainy before long and then temp drop there calling for a low of 53 today sometime. Not much else going on. Thought I would do a early fly by talk to you all later.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - AF350 - 10-26-2015

Good morning all.

almost seven in the morning here and dark and overcast still. I woke up to a loud thump but did not investigate it then I heard a large truck's air breaks. So I got up looked out the front door and seen two fire trucks(an ambulance and a pumper). It was next door as the couple renting the house are both elderly and handicapped. One or both may have been sick. Good thing the fire house is at the end of the street.

Fiat Fan, I have several O scale and a couple S scale rolling stock kits from Ye Old Huff n Puff, I have 4 flat cars that need to be lettered and numbered and trucks installed. Fun kits currently I am working on an old bill board refrigerator for Moxie in S.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 10-26-2015

Morning. Cloudy. Ribbon cutting at 10. Was suppose to go hunting today. Leave at noon. Stay and hunt tomorrow. Now they say rain will hit by tomorrow daylight. Probably not go.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 10-26-2015

Good Morning Blue
Sun & 60s today.
Watched the Lions game, first half was pretty good, took a nap by the second half.
One of granny's sisters spent the night so we chatted awhile.
Watched Columbo at 8PM, it was a rerun Big Grin but always liked Columbo.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 10-27-2015

Greetings, gang.

Cloudy and 46 with rain and 54 in the forecast for today and tonight.

Got the leaves picked up yesterday. This morning I need to get rid of them and make a grocery run. No major plans for this afternoon.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 10-27-2015

Good Morning Blue
Cloudy and 60 today.
Waiting for Patricia's rain to arrive tonight.
Tooth cleaning went well this morning, I'm good for 6 months... Thumbsup
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 10-27-2015

Morning [still]. Home from the hunt. Saw lots of does yesterday afternoon. Raining this morning so came home. Stopped a Denny's on the way for a brunch.

Later

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Sumpter250 - 10-27-2015

Sky here is one shade of gray, with no cloud pattern. It's a bit chilly out, but not "freezing" (( that comes later )).
One of the few non-railroad social events that I attend is tonight. It's one of the monthly "anti-boredom" events, that make life easier to take........yeah it's at a *local restaurant/bar, that caters to us "old fogies".

*... Wink Local: actually, about a twenty mile drive one way.
With the trailer loaded and ready to go to Trainfest, parked in my garage, I don't have to worry about backing my car into that garage, and there's plenty of room on the ramp, for one car.
8-) Wink Big Grin

I'm currently building chain-plates and deadeyes for the Tern. Got the Fore topmast stay, rigged last night. The "Fitting-out" process is now well enough along, that the Tern can be parked at the sea-wall....] unfinished [ for Trainfest.

Made my final decision for the Tern's name. Borrowed from Tolkien, "Uruviel" , one of the Elven maidens of Lothlorien.
Wink Yeah, I read the trilogy, nonstop, while underway in the Mediterranean Sea,.....it only took 23.5 hours.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 10-28-2015

Greetings, gang.

It's a very gloomy 48 degrees this morning in the remote reaches of northern Iowa. High for today is supposed to be 41 and windy. The wind is supposed to hit 40 mph and the temperature is supposed to fall for the remainder of the day. We received 3/4 inch of rain and a lot more leaves on the ground.

Got the yard waste hauled and had a good workout at the gym. I didn't accomplish yesterday afternoon. After supper last night I actually ran some trains for the first time in over two years! With the crappy weather outside. I may just run some more today.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 10-28-2015

Good Morning Blue
RAIN lots of it. 50 degrees.
No news so just checking in.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 10-29-2015

Morning. Sun is out finally. Off to meetings.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - BR60103 - 10-29-2015

Gang:
We arrived back from NYC today about 1:00 pm.
Motorhome has 3 defects that require attention before it can go again (the least being that the TV aerial won't come down) and I can't say what SWMBO did to it along the Pulaski Parkway.

Had a VBA RR club meeting. One member brought a Lemax train (Michael's?) to run on the host's layout. After a brief spectacular run it stopped and I noticed that the supplied wall wart produces 4.5V while the DCC system gives ...
Fun running otherwise, and the 2 hour meeting lasted for 3.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 10-30-2015

Morning all. Fair and cooler. One meeting this AM [that is all I hope]. Have a good one.