The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6928)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 10-30-2015

Good Morning Blue
Sun and 50s today
Setting up the modular layout this afternoon for a weekend show.
2nd largest of the season. Use to be #1 but good advertising and a better leader has taken over the #1 spot. That show is in January.
Waiting for tomorrows weather report before I decide if the trick or treater's will get a scoop of ice cream in their candy bag or squirted with the garden hose. The hose is no fun if it's gonna rain.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 10-30-2015

Greetings, gang.

Cloudy and 55 in eastern Iowa this afternoon. Rain moving in for this evening.

Wed. afternoon I got a call from my son. A CT scan showed possible additional cancer in his neck and lungs. Start flashbacks here. Today after a PET scan there were a couple of spots in his neck but nothing in his lungs. Breathe huge sigh of relief here. We won't know for sure exactly what treatment will be involved but one person has told my son to not be surprised if some chemo is thrown in with the radiation which is already scheduled.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 10-30-2015

FiatFan Wrote:Greetings, gang.

Cloudy and 55 in eastern Iowa this afternoon. Rain moving in for this evening.

Wed. afternoon I got a call from my son. A CT scan showed possible additional cancer in his neck and lungs. Start flashbacks here. Today after a PET scan there were a couple of spots in his neck but nothing in his lungs. Breathe huge sigh of relief here. We won't know for sure exactly what treatment will be involved but one person has told my son to not be surprised if some chemo is thrown in with the radiation which is already scheduled.

All stay safe.

Tom
Prayers

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 10-31-2015

Just a quickie, temps here are cooler and we had a downpour the other day to beat all rains.... Still more rain in the forecast for this coming week.

My wife has been out of the hospital for two weeks now. It's been a struggle ever since and I'm not sure how to deal with it, but I will find a way.... I come here as often as I can, but really don't have much to talk about, I hope that changes soon.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 10-31-2015

Greetings, gang.

Cloudy and drizzly this morning with temp at 46 headed for 57. Warming trend tomorrow for a few days.

I'm back home for a few days. Tuesday I'll go back to my son's place. We'll visit with the doctor on Tuesday afternoon for a specific course of treatment.

Don - prayers for both you and Mrs. Day.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Charlie B - 10-31-2015

Don I will continue to offer prayers for you and your family. You know all of us are here for you. We can't begin to repay your kindness.

Charlie

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 11-01-2015

Greetings, gang.

Sunshiney and 52 headed for 70.

Nothing major planned for today. Tomorrow I'll work on picking up more leaves. After the rain from Friday night and Saturday they're still too wet.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 11-01-2015

Afternoon all. Rainy. Went to local black Church this AM. Spoke for a few. They were still singing and enjoying the service when I had to leave.

Don, prayers for your Wife and you.

Tom, prayers for your Son.

All have a great week ahead.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - rtraincollector - 11-01-2015

afternoon all been a couple of days since been in not a lot going on here I went to the butchershop so I'm packing up meat how I want it so thats going to keep me busy for a while today already did some yesterday but ran out of the plastic I wanted for the vacuum machine so had to go get some more so will finish today. Hope all are doing well prayers for those in needs and there family and friends talk to you later

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 11-02-2015

Morning all. Rain!!!! Hope all are OK. Prayers for Tom's son and Don's wife. Meetings.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 11-02-2015

Hello Blue
Sun and Hi 60s for the week
One more grass cut and then the mower will be bedded down for winter.
Weekend train show went well, I spent $5.00.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 11-02-2015

Greetings, gang.

Clear and 57 degrees this evening after a high of 70. Tomorrow's high is supposed to be similar.

Busy day today. I got the leaves cleaned up from the yard and paid all the monthly bills. In the morning I'll be headed back to eastern Iowa for my son's doctor visit, during which we should get more information about his course of treatment.

Prayers for Don and Mrs. Day

Frank, I thank you for your continuing support.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 11-03-2015

Good morning, thank you all for your prayers and concern for my wife and myself. That's what this forum is all about, we go well beyond model railroading and the friendships developed here cannot be matched anywhere. I'd rather not discuss details, just say that each day is a challenge and takes an enormous amount of time away from things one would like to do, but there are good moments and those are worth the time.

As for the weather here, it's been typical, turn on the heat in the morning, and the A/C by noon. We've had some real downpours this past week, and they can't stop talking about the three earthquakes we had two nights ago. We didn't feel a thing, but they say there was a 4.1 up in Black Canyon City, about 25 miles north of us. We are going to have our moving sale this weekend, Packey will be here to help me since we have a lot of stuff to get rid of. We are hoping to move into our new house by the end of the month, if we don't we might be homeless for a while since our buyers needs to move into this house by the end of the year and they need a good month to do the renovations that they want. I've got enough stress as it is without this, but we keep going anyway......

Thanks for listening. Smile

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - faraway - 11-03-2015

A nice sunny day here in the Southwest of Germany. We will get new glass in all windows the next days of the week. Had to push the contractor to do it before it get really cold with snow etc. He will get some windows each morning and reinstall them with new glass in the last evening. Should be finished with all windows Friday evening.

Don, my best wishes to you and your wife. I am very sure each second spend with here is the best way to spend your time. A smile in here face is much better than the best engine on your layout. Take care of yourself. You need to be in good and strong condition.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Charlie B - 11-03-2015

Don,
It's always good to hear from you. We all realize there are things you have to get done so we will continue to offer prayers. Most of us are too far away to be of any physical help but know for sure we are with you in spirit.
Charlie