The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6928)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 07-24-2014

Good morning all, talk about hot an humid, it's sticky outside right now, 91 and 37%. We got some lightning and thunder last night for less than a minute, this morning there are just two puddles that I can identify as being caused by rain, and that's all I can see. :? When it's 114 out, and the minimum temperature is well over 90, it doesn't take long for any traces of rain to evaporate, so I'm surprised that I see even those two puddles. :o

Today, we're in for some more of the same.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 07-24-2014

Good Morning Blue
We have sun with an afternoon Hi of 76.
Looks like a quiet day, TV time and a nap before supper.
Oh I will get out some, love every day of summer. But no news from the train store.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 07-24-2014

Good morning. It's 74° with 84% humidity. The high will be 92°. There's a 30% chance of rain.

Looks like I'll be getting out of here today. My proposed transfer to the Leesville Rehab Hospital was refused by my insurance company on the grounds that I'm doing too well. So it appears I'll be sent home. How I'll be getting there remains to be seen at this point.

[Image: DSCN3437.jpg]

RB, it's strange how an insurance company has more control over your health care than any of your doctors. Major surgery is now done as an outpatient because the insurance companies won't pay for an overnight stay. Let's hope that you are doing as well as they think, I'm sure you're looking forward to going home.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Darkwing - 07-24-2014

Jeff is on his way home.

Darkwing Wrote:Jeff is on his way home.

Thanks for the update, let's hope he gets to stay there and can get the help he needs there.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 07-24-2014

Finally made it back. That was the longest cab ride I've ever had! Glad the hospital was paying for it. It was fifty-seven miles. It feels good to be back home.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - rtraincollector - 07-24-2014

Welcome home Jeffery.
Evening all been playing hide-n-seek again sorry. Got a couple of items in over the past couple of days. Both had extra items in it so should make my money back 2285_ always good when you can break even and get what you want or even better make a couple of $$ on the transactions.

Today's lunch meal, my last at the hospital, was really good. A roast beef sandwich, hamburger steak, potatoes, corn, some fruit, skim milk and iced tea.

Nothing much going on here. I went down to my fathers place to sort through my mail, picked up a jar of peanut butter filled pretzels my step mother gave me, petted the cat a bit just to be sure that she's thoroughly spoiled then came back home. Since then I've been getting settled back in.

While in the hospital the doctor and nurses kept inquiring as to why I didn't need any pain medicine. Other people who had the kind of surgery I had were in agony and begging for pain medicine. I told them that I'm not those other people or rather those other people didn't have near the amount of nerve damage that I do. I could drop a brick on my foot and not feel it. That of course is the crux of my infection problem. Because I can't feel the pain an infection would cause it can spread unnoticed. For that reason I'll have to be more vigilant.

Well, nothing further to report tonight. It's time I called it a night. See y'all tomorrow.

[Image: P1241752.jpg]

[Image: DSCN1499.jpg]

[Image: DSCN1488.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 07-25-2014

Good Friday morning folks, a bit sticky here right now. The humidity is in the 40's and the dew point in the 60's, it's overcast and the forecast is for 20% chance of rain. All indications that it'll be dry as a bone all day today. 357 We've had record heat the past two days, our lows have been in the 90's and the high yesterday was 116 in Phoenix and 115 here in Surprise. Today will be a battle between the sun and the clouds. Who will win???? Icon_lol My money is on the sun. :o

Jeffery, it's good you made it home OK. I see your point about pain meds, that, plus there are side affects. Just take it easy as best you can. Big Grin

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 07-25-2014

Good morning. It's 74° with 90% humidity. The high will be 95° and somewhat cloudy.
[Image: pcloudy-1.jpg]

Just waiting for the Home Health nurse to call. The wound vac needs to be reattached so it can continue it's work. Nothing else is planned. However there's no telling what may come up.

[Image: DSCN1482.jpg]

[Image: DSCN1479.jpg]

[Image: DSCN1478.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 07-25-2014

Good Morning Blue
WE have bright summer sun with a hi in the 70s today.
That's about 10 degrees below the norm.
No train news, a few MTH engines reached the store but that's not my brand.
Oh I will buy other things they make but not engines.
Friday it is, enjoy.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 07-25-2014

Sunny good morning. Big rains yesterday evening. Not much happening here. Frankie's SRT team did a raid here in town last night. Got praising email from lady representing residents of that subdivision. How safe they felt during the raid and how they feel safer since the culprit was arrested. Proud of him and his team.

RB, you are always in my prayers. Speedy recovery.

Later.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 07-25-2014

Now, I don't want this to sound sarcastic or anything, Nope but I've just got a very good chance of winning $5,000 a week for life, or as a consolation prize, $1,000.000 cash (no purchase necessary). And the odds this year are better than ever that I will win. Thumbsup I don't know if any of you have entered the Publishers Clearinghouse Sweepstakes, and if you did, has anyone won anything? Here's why my chances of winning have greatly improved, (the sarcastic part) Icon_lol , but last year I noticed that the odds on winning the grand prize was 1,500,000,000 to 1. Yes, that is one and one-half billion to one. This year however, I noticed that the odds on winning either prize has dropped appreciably to only 1,300,000,000 to 1, a veritable giveaway. 8-) Yes, that's only four times the population of the US. 357 And to think that it only takes about a half-hour to sort through all the papers and to find the various stickers to paste in the appropriate places. But in all fairness, they show that my odds of winning $50 are only 15,000 to 1, making all that work worthwhile. (end of sarcastic attitude) 357 . You see them on TV knocking on doors and giving giant checks away worth millions, but in fact, most of their contests run several years before they select a winner, and from what I heard, the cost of printing and mailing far exceeds the cost of the prizes.

I thought the odds were pretty bad, but geeze......

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - nachoman - 07-25-2014

Well, I've spent 2 weeks trying to figure out why my car was running crappy, and after changing and fixing nearly everything, it turned out the problem was the cheapest and easiest part to replace! And I hadn't even considered it because I just replaced that part not 3 months ago. Turns out, for whatever reason, that new part didn't fit right and was causing all my problems.

So after two weeks of my car running like crap, I finally got it running better than ever. Only to have my battery completely give out in the 116 degree weather at lunch time Curse