The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6928)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 11-03-2015

Good Morning Blue
Sun and 70s here in SE Mich.
Gonna be grass cutting day. Last for this year.
Voted this morning.
The Chief's check finally cleared so I voted for him. . . . Thumbsup
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - AF350 - 11-03-2015

Good morning all,

Work has been busy and will continue to be well into Febuary.

I found a dead mole on the drive way in front of the garage. One of the stray cats must of left it there. There is a big patch of yard that looks like the mole or moles have ruined. Grubs are bad enough. Maybe I will not chase away the cats as much now.

I have been 3D printing O gauge fixed couplers for my trains lately, it has been mostly a success except RMT Beeps and Marx fixed couplers cause a problem still. They work well so far with Lionel, MTH, Atlas O, K-line and RMT freight cars but not RMT Locos Wallbang It only took 5 revisions to get to this point. Track testing was done with a old marx log dump car that was missing the dump mechinism. I cut of one of the Marx couplers(the funny looking tilt couplers)and mounted my knuckle coupler to it.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - rtraincollector - 11-03-2015

AF350 Wrote:Good morning all,

Work has been busy and will continue to be well into Febuary.

I found a dead mole on the drive way in front of the garage. One of the stray cats must of left it there. There is a big patch of yard that looks like the mole or moles have ruined. Grubs are bad enough. Maybe I will not chase away the cats as much now.

I have been 3D printing O gauge fixed couplers for my trains lately, it has been mostly a success except RMT Beeps and Marx fixed couplers cause a problem still. They work well so far with Lionel, MTH, Atlas O, K-line and RMT freight cars but not RMT Locos Wallbang It only took 5 revisions to get to this point. Track testing was done with a old marx log dump car that was missing the dump mechinism. I cut of one of the Marx couplers(the funny looking tilt couplers)and mounted my knuckle coupler to it.

[ATTACHMENT NOT FOUND]

[ATTACHMENT NOT FOUND]
Looks good
Evening all not a lot going on here other than Post Office lost my heart medicine so had to go to Aikin, S.C. to get a scrip and a voucher to get more from a local pharmacy but was going there anyway so it worked out. Been working on putting some trains together to make sets to try and sell on the bay have one pretty nice set ( prewar with all it's boxes which should do okay I would think got some track and cheap transformers in so will add that to it to help it. )
Not much else going on here
Hope all doing okay talk to you all later.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - rtraincollector - 11-04-2015

Congrats Chief on being re-elected to mayorship in Rolesville, N.C. Applause Applause Worship 2285_ Thumbsup
Moning just a quick run thru need to make some breakfast and get moving need to clear a hole in the garage to set up a small oval of track to test some trains on and have fun running trains. Big Grin Talk to you all later

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 11-04-2015

Good Morning Blue
Sun and 70s today, won't have many more of these.
Congratulations to Da Chief on his win yesterday.
Now that I got him re-elected my work is done.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 11-04-2015

Thanks. Phone will not stop. Calls, texts and emails. 4 more years. Rainy.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - faraway - 11-04-2015

Chief Eagles Wrote:.... 4 more years. Rainy.
Sunny!!! Congratulations Big Grin

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Charlie B - 11-04-2015

Chief,
Thanks for making the sacrifice and serving another 4 years. I admire you, it takes real dedication to do what you are doing and really cuts into your own time. Your people realize what they have.
Charlie

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - BR60103 - 11-04-2015

We went out to the RV to put back all the washed bedding & stuff.
Opening the cab doors, there must have been 50 or more ladybugs resting in the gap that the weatherstripping leaves. And another 50 in the other door! That's in the week since we came back from New York.
Before we left, the same spot was full of a swarm of flies, but they dispersed more easily. We're also getting bugs inside the ventilators, mostly dead. I'm not sure how they get in. Porch light has a small collection inside it, at least one still buzzing. I'm not sure how to get the cover off.

Any ideas on discouraging insects?

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 11-05-2015

Greetings, gang.

Cloudy and 59 with drizzle/light rain on the way.

Got home from son's house yesterday and had big plans. Got none of them accomplished. Just too tired. Today I plan to get the oil changed on my car and make a Walmart run.

Congrats on your re-election Frank.

Continuing prayers for Don and his wife.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - rtraincollector - 11-05-2015

Charlie B Wrote:Chief,
Thanks for making the sacrifice and serving another 4 years. I admire you, it takes real dedication to do what you are doing and really cuts into your own time. Your people realize what they have.
Charlie
He does it for all the free meals he gets don't let him fool you Icon_lol
Morning all not a lot going on. Heading to Augusta, GA. in a bit to have my defibrillator checked so that will take up most of the day about 1 1/2 hrs each way ( to the V.A. ) only about 60+ miles but its not all interstate.
About time for breakfast you all have a good day cloudy and foggy at present 65 calling for high of 72 later all

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Catweasel - 11-05-2015

Time here in the UK is 16.16. Been a grey,miserable day weather wise. Postie delivered some switches for my control panel so spent some time wiring that up. Prepared dinner for tonight, nothing fancy, Chicken Supreme with my own twist on it. Love cooking. Bit of luck I'll get some more track laid tomorrow. Have a good one.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 11-05-2015

Afternoon. Been in meetings. One this AM was on feeding poor families.

Thanks for the congrats. Actually I get paid. Comes down to about .25 an hour.

Later.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 11-06-2015

Chief Eagles Wrote:Afternoon. Been in meetings. One this AM was on feeding poor families.

Thanks for the congrats. Actually I get paid. Comes down to about .25 an hour.

Later.

Just a few days late, but also congratulations from here. You have to be doing something right, even at 25ยข an hour, the satisfaction of doing the job must be worth it. Thumbsup Thumbsup

Today is our community yard sale and so both our boys will be here to help us with our "Moving Sale".... We have lots to sell, and lots of stuff that we probably should sell.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 11-06-2015

Morning all. Sun peeping out. Was cloudy. Bypass ribbon cutting this afternoon. Haircut [SJ]. Have a good one.