The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6928)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 11-06-2015

Good Morning Blue
A downpour of rain woke me this morning.
It passed quickly but will bring cooler temps in the 50s after today.
The 70s we've been having were so nice I even put a coat of polish on the car..
No train news and not time for my haircut yet.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - teejay - 11-06-2015

Hey what's with SNOW in Arizona ???? I know , Flagstaff is "up North" but , heck , we haven't even had snow in my area of the Great White North ! .....yet Icon_lol

T

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 11-07-2015

Morning all. Cloudy and possible T'storms. Got bad cold now in chest. Staying in.

TJ, not happy with the byline on politicians. Guess you are talking about me. [10 years Town Board and 8 years Mayor, reelected for 4 more]

Recruited these two ladies. They had not thought about running for Town Board.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.wral.com/first-black-officials-elected-in-rolesville/15065674/">http://www.wral.com/first-black-officia ... /15065674/</a><!-- m -->

Have a good one.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 11-07-2015

Morning Blue
Sun and 60s for this football Saturday.
The Chief probably likes those 2 ladies cause they feed him.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - teejay - 11-07-2015

Chief ....I am not Mark Twain .

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - AF350 - 11-07-2015

I got a letter from the Union yesterday, they will not be passing out turkeys this year Confusedhock: Sad

I suspect the company will similarly not hand out a bonus this year.

Other than the above all is well here so far.

I ordered some more wood kits from ye old huff n puff O scale rolling stock 2 flats, a ballest car, a wood container car, and a barrol car all undecorated steam era cars. I have completed the flats from a previous order and started on a Moxie wood side refridgerated car. The Ye Olde Huff n Puff kits are fun to build.

Kinda cold today, a more seasonal temp compared to 70 ish yesterday. No snow yet but we have had a bit of rain off and on. The city and county snow plow crews have been prepareing the trucks and drivers for the soon approching winter weather.

My back yard has been ruined by moles, and I noticed that the front yard next door also has the signs of mole activity as well. I have stopped chasing away the cats as they have killed a couple moles so far. One cat in paticular has been leaving its kills on my drive way in the same spot, so far a bird 2 moles, a slice of pizza , a corn dog and lots of bones.

Moles and shrews eat bugs and worms but kill grass by tunneling just below the surface and disturbing the roots. They can dig 200 feet of tunnels a day.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - rtraincollector - 11-07-2015

Afternoon all. not a lot going on here. Just put some spaghetti sauce with meatballs on the stove to warm up. Need to eat some lunch as breakfast was late and not enough. Cloudy and drizzly here today 73 suppose to go to 75. we actually don't see sun in the forecast till Thursday afternoon man it's been cloudy/rainy here now for over a week already.

After I eat going out to garage to get some better pics of some trains I have on the bay really don't have good place in here and I made a tiny loop 8 curves and 4 straights so I can test trains. So at least while I'm trying to straighten some things up I can run a short train lol.

Hope everyone has better weather and a better weekend going on. Talk to you all later.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 11-08-2015

Good Sunday morning to you all. The snow up in northern Arizona was some sort of a record and totally unexpected. When it snows up there, we usually get cooler air down here, and so our "moving sale" these past two days was very pleasant. People come in waves, I don't know why that happens, but you'll have time where there's no one in sight, then all of a sudden, a half-dozen or so cars show up all at once and there are floods of people milling around. Fortunately, we had both our sons helping us on Friday and Packey showed up all day yesterday. He even managed to sell a few of his items. Thumbsup All in all, things went well, we got rid of a lot of large heavy items like desks and chairs. Even the treadmill and my heavy workbench went. We still have a few things that we'd have preferred to sell, but you can't get it all done in two days. I'm mystified though, where's the lady that paid for the two green chair sets on Friday and never came back to pick them up?????? 35 Lady, we're moving in the next few weeks and that's why we are having our "MOVING sale".... we don't want those green chairs and we're not taking them with us for you to pick up when you decide to. Nope Also, the lady that bought the Santa box set, come on back, you left the main box behind..... :?

This is a period in our life that is very traumatic, especially for my wife, it was good that both our sons came over to help.... Big Grin

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 11-08-2015

Greetings, gang.

Sunny and 59 for the high today. I won't be able to enjoy it though. Traveling to eastern Iowa for son's radiation/chemo which starts tomorrow.

Yesterday I got the leaves cleaned up and watched a football game. My team finally pulled one out at the last second rather than losing at the last second.

Don - good to see you posting again. Hope Mrs. Day is improving.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 11-08-2015

Morning. Sun is out and cooler. Hope it dries out for a few days.

Chest cold.

Tom, prayers for your son.

DAZ, prayers for you and your Wife.

Have a great week ahead.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 11-08-2015

Good Morning Blue
Bright sun and 50s today.
I just don't have any toy train news. We will be heading out with some of our family for an all you can eat chicken dinner in Frankenmuth Mi.
But boy have the prices changed over the years to the point it really isn't worth what they charge.
Frankenmuth is also the home of Bronners, it claims to be the largest Christmas decorations store in the country.
If the women want to stop there we may get home by sunrise.S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Sumpter250 - 11-08-2015

Predawn, this morning, had a crescent moon, and two planets lined up, with the crescent moon low and "horizontal", the first planet directly above, and the second planet above that, the same distance from the first planet as the first was above the moon, A line drawn,through the two planets, passed through the center of the crescent.
Of course...... Sad the batteries in my camera were dead :evil: Wink Quite a sight!, too bad I couldn't take a photo, to post with this.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - teejay - 11-08-2015

Don , atleast you made a lot of progress on the moving front . I don't look forward to it either but I'm having a more and more difficult time looking after the various chores and would like to move to a condo or apartment ....wife wants to stay here . Decisions , decisions .

T

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Charlie B - 11-08-2015

Today must have been senior picture day for one of the local kids. I wish I knew why they think the NS active main is the perfect place to show the world your ignorance.    
This guy moonlights as a photographer.
Charlie

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 11-09-2015

Thanks again for all those prayers, they are surely needed. Life will never be the same for anyone in our family. Being a full-time caregiver is not what we had in mind for our retirement. Nope

T, moving is traumatic at best, deciding where to move is just the beginning. Downsizing is necessary at our age, and even the house we are buying is a bit more than we need, but it was the best choice based on layout, condition and location.