The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6928)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - teejay - 11-09-2015

Don , " layout " as in train layout ? ....Atta boy ! Goldth

I will admit that when we had my house built in 2000 , I was downstairs in the model home .....measuring Misngth ....my wife calls down , " what are you doing ? " Me : Oh , nothin' , just considering a , uh , er , rec-room ! Goldth

T

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - rtraincollector - 11-09-2015

We just moved it was more of a necessity as we were just in a too rough of a neighborhood and we saw a way out so took it. We ended up down sizing in the process also. We went from 1300 sqft to just under 1000 sqft So rearranging and getting rid of some items is a big thing right now but hopefully things will get better come spring as I have a garage ( separate building) that is just a little to short for my truck so I'm going to have it closed in and made in to another building so I can do my trains in there it will end up giving me about 14' x 14' for train area. Which will a very fair size for my O Gauge.
Morning all (barely still morning but it still is) Not a lot planned for today other than straightening up this room some more. It's getting there need to find where I put the Reading smoking caboose as it has a bid on it so it will be sold in about 2 1/2 days lol. get more items packed up. get a better list of what needs repairs and what parts are needed. Make order for Jeff hit the poor house again lol. No all is fine here in that regards. Just waiting to make this place ours so we can do some things we want to do.

Another drizzly cold day here high of 54 there calling for 52 right now. looks like we will see that yellow ball in the sky come Wednesday so hope to get last cut of the year in then. Will run gas out of the mower and put it up for the winter. Time to call it done for the year.

Hope all are having a good Monday talk to you all later

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 11-09-2015

Afternoon. RAIN!!!!! AGAIN!!!!!! Wallbang

Speaking of layouts. I had folks that talked about separate buildings with layout. Always wished for one. Suddenly my Sister-In-Law moved out of a small single wide. Left it in FIL's backyard. He was threatening to burn it [he is a little looney in the head now]. We took it moved it in our back back yard. Took walls out and built layout. Building is 14X40. Now do not get time to go in it as Town keep me busy all the time. Plan on spending more time in there after Jan. 1. I am learning to day no to meetings and etc.

Have a good one.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 11-10-2015

Greetings,gang.

Sunny and 32 this morning in eastern Iowa. High for today is supposed to be about 60. Rain and chances for thunderstorms arrive tomorrow along with high winds - 40-50 mph.

Yesterday was the first day of chemo/radiation. All went well but very long day - about 8 1/2 hours at the hospital. So far he is not suffering any side effects from the chemo but they pump you full of drugs to counter that. Tomorrow will be a better test of how he reacts.

Continued prayers for Don and his wife.

Chief - congratulations on your recruiting success.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 11-11-2015

To all the veterans on this day Blue.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 11-11-2015

Greetings, gang.

Beautifully clear sky tonight in eastern Iowa. We had a thunderstorm roll through about 5:30 and it settled the dust so the sky was extra clear. Out here in the country where my son lives there are no lights to speak of and it made for a gorgeous viewing opportunity. The stars were fantastic!

The week is half over and my son is tired but otherwise doing well. Depending on how he feels, I will probably head back home on Friday.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 11-12-2015

Good Morning Blue
Wow very windy and gloomy this morning.
Temp is 52.
I went out for a hair cut and the traffic lights are swayin every which-a way.
Tom all the best to your son.

S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - AF350 - 11-12-2015

Good morning all.

Posting from a very windy Ohio, rainy just enough to keep streets wet.

I went to my first Hockey game tuesday night, Blue jackets vs. Vancoover. Jackets lost after making the same boneheaded mistake in a row. 3 to 5 was the score. I was in the club seating at the red line even though they lost it was still fun. Food was expensive but service was great did not have to leave my seat as a server comes around you place an order and a couple min. later a waitress brings the food. If I go again will take camera with me as the arena is impressive. Walking from parking garage to arena you have to cross a double track train crossing,another reason to bring camera as a train came by just as I got to the car in the garage so watched train for a couple min. waiting for the traffic to clear up in the garage.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 11-13-2015

Greetings, gang.

Sunny and cool at 48 degrees this afternoon which is about as warm as it's going to be.

Home from eastern Iowa for a couple of weeks. Lots of resting in store for the remainder of today. I paid 2.039 for gas in eastern Iowa this morning. When I got home the price here was 2.139.

Not much to talk about.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 11-14-2015

Good morning all. A chilly one by our standards, some rain in the forecast starting tomorrow, snow up north is what's bring in the cold air down here though. We've been in the mid-40's in the mornings, but our highs yesterday was in the low 80's, not so bad.... Yeah, our streets are getting congested again, lot's of snowbirds flocking back for those 80 degree days here. Large RV's towing little mini-cars all heading inward.

We have now completed the last step of our home loan on the house we are buying. Still, a new regulation is now in affect that we must wait three days after signing the disclosure papers before we can close escrow. Must the government get deeper and deeper into every aspect of our lives? Why can't we just go on like things used to be, they were simple and easy to follow and we all made it through without a scratch.

Just as an update, my wife is doing well, she will never be the same, and there are those really bad periods and just the daily struggles, but having her home is a blessing and we take what we can get. And yes, there are those really good days that make it all worth while..... Big Grin

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 11-14-2015

sir james Wrote:Good Morning Blue
Wow very windy and gloomy this morning.
Temp is 52.
I went out for a hair cut and the traffic lights are swayin every which-a way.
Tom all the best to your son.

S.J.
That was because they were laughing at you saying haircut. 357

Morning. Home from nursing Frankie after his knee operation. He is doing well for such a procedure. GF is nursing him. The three girls seem to get him rested too. They are a mess.

Leaves and etc. May have some freezing temps for a change. About time.

Have a good one.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 11-14-2015

Good Morning Blue
We have sun and the wind is taking a break. 39/50s today.
Well chief up north we go to a barber, not sit in the front yard with a bowl on our head for a haircut.
Nothing much in my train news, rifle deer hunting season is on but I don't go.
I shall plop soon and watch weekend football.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 11-15-2015

Good Sunday morning to you all. It's suppose to be rainy today and tomorrow, I haven't looked outside yet to verify any of that. Still on my first cup of coffee....

Why does the government make things so difficult and confusing? I remember our first few home loans and all it required was verification of employment and a credit reference or two... Now it requires tons of paperwork, every page of every bank statement, copies of tax returns and everything except a birth certificate... well, so far anyway :o . They told me the last step before signing the closing documents would be for us to sign the "disclosure document", then, according to the new regulations, we have to wait three days before we can close escrow. Well, we got the "disclosure document" by using an email link they sent and we signed it and sent it back within the hour, hoping to start our three-day clock going. Well, I got a call yesterday saying that this was not THE "disclosure document" that starts the clock, but that will be coming along in a day or so.... HUH?????? New government regulations regarding home loans went into affect in October and everyone that I've talked to in the process is still confused as to what has to be done and in what sequence. 35 What does all this mean? Well, our move may be delayed by as much as a week, or if we're lucky, just a few days.... Applause

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ngauger - 11-15-2015

Ahhh The Code of Government....

Hurry up and wait!!

Best of luck Don!!!!

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 11-15-2015

Greetings, gang.

Sunny and 43 this morning in the remote reaches of northern Iowa. Rain moves in overnight and will grace us with its presence for the next few days.

Don - I think those new laws were written by landlords to convince us to rent rather than buy. Then they cam buy up all the property and rent to everyone. 357

Yesterday I picked up the last of the leaves for this year and disposed of them. Then watched some college football. Today I'll be watching the F1 race and after that I'll perform my semi-annual seasonal shed switch. Put away all the summer toys and get out the winter toys.

All stay safe.

Tom