The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6928)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Charlie B - 11-25-2015

Pete, I log in and check the stay logged in box yet I can still log in on my other 2 laptops without any problem. I hope you figure it out.
Charlie

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 11-26-2015

Happy Thanksgiving, gang.

Rainy, windy, and cold for this Thanksgiving Day. Rain outside my window and 34 degrees. The temperature is supposed to fall to 30 by this afternoon so it could make for some nasty travel. The rain is supposed to turn to sleet followed by snow. I'm sure that is exactly what will happen since it has the blessings of the government. Just as yesterday's high was supposed to be in the low 40s. Actual high for yesterday was 55. I was able to get a lot of last minute stuff done in the yard and spent as much time as I could outside.

One of my daughters lives out of town but works retail here so she has made a room reservation for tonight. She works until 9:30 tonight and has to be back to work in the morning at 5:30.

Charlie - thanks for the links. I keep all such articles handy as I'm the guy who gets the phone call from family and friends when something goes wrong. So even though I've been retired for 10 years I still have to keep up with developments in my field.

I did get the inner tube changed on the snow blower. I'll be checking in a few days to make sure it's working and that I didn't screw something up.

No major plans for today other than reading the newspaper and the ads. My paper was delivered at 10:30 last night. It's a little disconcerting when your screen door opens that late at night.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 11-26-2015

Morning. Turkeys are ready. 21 coming today. Icon_lol Pretty out and warm.

Tom, special thought for you today.

Later.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 11-26-2015

Happy Thanksgiving Blue
50 degrees and lite rain. Better than snow any day.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Charlie B - 11-26-2015

We are having Ham today instead of turkey. It is a nice day here. just swept the leaves from the back yard so the furkids won't be dragging more into the house today. Happy Thanksgiving everyone. Cheers
Charlie

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - faraway - 11-26-2015

Happy Thanksgiving to all of you celebrating it.
I had a wonderful trip to the local customs office picking up an Genesis CSX GP38-2 in YN2 paint scheme. I love those trips Big Grin

Had stuffed cabbage at the local butcher as a lunch special. They offer five days a week a lunch special. Tomorrows lunch special is suckling pig. I think we will have that too.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - rtraincollector - 11-26-2015

Hope all had a good Thanksgiving. Been a nice quiet day here. Got a 8770 Electromotive Division NW2 Switcher it ran a rough took it apart cleaned it and it runs great. Need to get a decorative horn for it and put a 18V bayonet ( in the wite plastic) lightbulb so it doesn't light as well as it should but at least it now does light up. Not bad for a $20 engine including shipping.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 11-27-2015

Greetings, gang.

Partly cloudy and cold outside my window this morning. 23 right now headed for 30. It rained all day yesterday. Finally quit about 5. Fortunately the roads dried off before the temp went down.

Oldest daughter got off work at 10:30 last night and had to be back to work at 5:30 this morning. She spent the night here as it saved her 45 minutes of driving. Today I plan to brave the crowds to make a quick trip to Menards. There's actually something I want at a good price.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 11-27-2015

Morning. Sunny and warm. Going hunting but will be too warm. Hope all had a good fat Thanksgiving.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 11-27-2015

Good Morning Blue
It's 53 and rainy.
We had our little family here yesterday. 14+2. All were well fed with sadly plenty of leftovers.
I'm sure the plop plop fizz fizz was heard aplenty last night.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - BR60103 - 11-27-2015

I had planned to stop in at the LHS today but they sent me a flyer about discounts for Bleak Friday. Dayle picked out a Lionel Christmas car and I managed a couple of backdrops. Only got a 10% discount -- not much more than my usual.
Picked up a $2 book in an estate sale; I said I'd have to check my shelves as they seemed to be selling most of my library.
Picked up the motor home on the way home -- repairs seemed to be done, but we can't really tell until we get on the road!

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Charlie B - 11-28-2015

Good Morning Blue
I hope everyone in the midwest is coping well with ice storms. One of our friends outside of Oklahoma City is without power and has had trees damaged but they have a generator and are well prepared.
With have clouds with showers here. I am heading out with hopes of catching the NS Erie Heritage locomotive that is east bound on a container train this AM. It should be through here after 11 AM.
Stay Safe all.
Charlie

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Sumpter250 - 11-28-2015

Charlie B Wrote:Pete, I log in and check the stay logged in box yet I can still log in on my other 2 laptops without any problem. I hope you figure it out.
Charlie

Cache, and Cookies...... I just have to figure out how to delete them on the laptop. My desktop has an icon for that, the laptop doesn't appear to.

In the meantime......I have all the lower deadeyes, and chain plates in place on the "tern", rigging can now proceed.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 11-29-2015

Greetings, gang.

Cloudy and 30 in the remote reaches of northern Iowa this morning with an expected high of about 36. A winter storm watch has been posted for tomorrow. It will probably turn into a winter storm warning by late this evening. 4-6" of snow preceded by rain and sleet.

Because of the approaching nasty weather I'm taking off today for my son's house. His chemo isn't until Tuesday but I'd rather not travel in the nasty weather.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 11-29-2015

Have phone call from Donna [Mrs. RT]. He is in VA hospital in Augusta GA. He has to have surgery. Defibulator is going off.

706-733-0188 ask for CU Unit and then Rifenberry.

Prayers for RT.

Been hunting down east. Lots of does and small bucks. Nothing I wanted to shoot since last Sat. morning was week ago. Shot big bodied buck. Not good deer hunting weather. 70's everyday and wet. Not suppose to be hunting in shirt sleeves last of Nov.

Later