The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6928)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 12-03-2015

Good Morning Blue
Cloudy and 40s today.
RTs surgery is today to fix his defib. It s suppose to be a wire issue.
I was at Henry Fords Greenfield Village yesterday to help set up the modular layout's Christmas display.
The entire village will be decorated for Christmas with sellout crowds every year. The layout will be run on certain evenings till New Years.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - faraway - 12-03-2015

We had a great day at the xmas market in Esslingen. They have a unique market with a theme of the middle age. Great weather 50°F and mostly sunny.

An enlish text from the city of Esslingen https://www.esslingen-marketing.de/en/the-esslingen-medieval-market-and-christmas-market

ps. What do you use in daily conversation "Medieval" or "Middle age"?

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 12-04-2015

Greetings, gang.

Another sunny day in store for the remote reaches of northern Iowa. Right now it's 30 degrees headed for a high in the mid 40s.

Had a quiet day yesterday. Today after a trip to the gym I plan to get the inside windows on the car cleaned and maybe get to the attic to clear out a few more things. I'm also going to look for the small Christmas tree to take to son's house.

Hope RT's surgery went well.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 12-04-2015

Morning all. Sunny and chilly. Not going hunting. Too many leaves to get up. Waiting for the dew to dry off of them.

Prayers for RT.

Have a good one.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 12-05-2015

Greetings, gang.

Another sunny day in store for the remote reaches of northern Iowa. High for today is supposed to be about 47, very nice for this time of year.

I actually got everything on my list accomplished yesterday. Also covered a couple of new vents that were put in last fall. When the new roof was installed it seems as though the city has required that vents be installed in the attic. Last winter I didn't have much time to pay attention to such things but this year I have noticed that the upstairs seems much cooler than it has for the last 35 years. I cut out a couple of pieces of plywood and covered the vents. Within hours the upstairs was probably 4-5 degrees warmer. I have a feeling my gas bill will be seeing the effects from this also.

On tap for today is cleaning the inside of the car. Yesterday I got the windows cleaned and today will be spent vacuuming and cleaning the leather.

I saw on another forum that RT is home and doing well.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 12-05-2015

Morning. Sunny and chilly. More leaves. Prayers for RT and Tom's son. Later

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 12-05-2015

Good Morning Blue
Fog & frost, 30 degrees @ 7am.
RT is home and busy selling trains already. Good to hear.
No Michigan football games till tonight.
Sigh that's what makes winter months seem so looong.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Charlie B - 12-05-2015

Good morning Blue, We have frost and fog here too. It looks like a winter wonderland. The dogs love it, me, not so much.    

Have a great day everyone, 20 days before Christmas.
Regards
Charlie

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 12-06-2015

Greetings, gang.

Cloudy and 37 outside my window this morning. We had a rain shower move through overnight but the NWS has promised us clearing skies for later today.

Got the seats cleaned and the carpets vacuumed in the car yesterday. Only project on the agenda for today is getting the gps updated. That's in progress right now so the rest of the day should be easy.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - rtraincollector - 12-06-2015

Got home Friday about 3 PM local all is fine now. Had a fracture in a lead from my Defibrillator to the heart. They had to replace that it. So all is good now. Thanks for the prayers and wishes I'm still under restrictions thou like no driving for a week no heavy lifting ( over 5 LBs for 2 weeks ) Not much else is going on been doing a lot of walking and enjoying it also while doing so. Of coarse feels great to be home after a week in the hospital. They wouldn't let me leave because they had to turn the defibrillator off as it could falsely shock me which could be very harmful if not deadly. so I had to be monitored 24/7 and soonest they could opperate because of scheduling was Thursday.
Well hope all doing well will stop back later

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Charlie B - 12-06-2015

Good Morning guys and gals.
Another frosty morn here in Ohio, but it has cleared off all ready.
I am glad you are back RT and everything went well with your procedure. Took my wife and the furkids to see the Christmas light display that they put on every year in Columbiana, Ohio. They do a nice job and the money they charge goes to charity.
It was pea soup fog with visibility on the roads less than 500 feet so it was one of those on your toes drives. I decided to use a back road on the way home, I worry more about being hit when you have to drive under 30 MPH.    
Have a good day
Charlie

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 12-06-2015

Morning. Glad to see RT is doing good. Got Christmas Parade to ride in. Sunny and warmer. Hope all have a great week ahead.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 12-06-2015

Good Morning Blue
Fog, going to the 40s today.
Watched a nail biter football game last night. Michigan State made a last minute win.
I won't say it was against Iowa as I don't want to get banned from here. Big Grin
No train news except chat with RT and a local train buddy.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - teejay - 12-06-2015

Mornin' Everyone :

I know I'm tempting fate by saying this but we haven't had snow ...yet ! Fog ? ....yes . How warm was it ? It was so warm , the ultra-anal neighbour across the street took three hours to cut has lawn twice ( !! ) and then blow the clippings off , then power wash the lawnmower etc. He was in his glory .

I'm really enjoying returning to working on the layout , coming up with new ideas and getting my hands dirty again .....up til 2 a.m this morning . And it's fun being retired and not having a schedule to consider as to how late to stay up working on the railroad ! Icon_lol

Probably watch a little football today ...NO I won't cut my lawn . Goldth Crazy

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 12-07-2015

Greetings, gang.

Foggy and 30 degrees this morning headed for a high in the mid 40s and breezy.

Today is on hold until I hear from my son as to whether or not he will get chemo tomorrow. Last week was postponed due to low white blood cell count. Not uncommon when getting both chemo and radiation.

SJ - I certainly have no problem with seeing Iowa get beat. I'm a Nebraska native and long time Husker fan.

Charlie - too bad about the fog but the picture is excellent.

RT - after I had my surgery I had the same 5 lb limitation, or as the doctor said "don't lift anything heavier than your tennis shoes." I kind of enjoyed shopping. My wife wouldn't even let me push the cart.

All stay safe.

Tom