The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6928)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 12-10-2015

Good Morning Blue
Tom nothing goes to the Chief's head, it's all around his waist.... Big Grin
Cloudy but 50s today, works for me.
Nothing today. Friday & Saturday will be toy train days.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 12-11-2015

Morning all. Sunny and real warm. Dogs to the groomer. While loading all the fire trucks went by. Including big ladder truck.
Smoke reported from house in exclusive neighborhood here in town. Fire quickly contained. Two bodies found. Authorities notified to investigate cause of fire and deaths.

Prayers for Tom and his Son. Same for DAZ and his Wife.

Glad RT OK.

Sir J never OK. Icon_lol

Have a good one.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 12-11-2015

Greetings, gang.

Cloudy and 41 in eastern Iowa this morning. High for today is supposed to be about 60. Rain moving in tomorrow afternoon through Sunday night with up to two inches.

Not much to report. My son has been sleeping a lot which the doctor says is normal at this stage in his treatment. I'm going to see if I can get him on short term disability for the next few weeks. Thanks to all for your prayers.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 12-11-2015

Tough Mayor day.

Open link. Then open news conference video.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://abc11.com/news/mother-3-year-old-found-dead-in-rolesville-fire/1118773/">http://abc11.com/news/mother-3-year-old ... e/1118773/</a><!-- m -->

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 12-11-2015

Frank -

So very sorry for your city's loss. My prayers go out to the family and friends of the victims.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 12-12-2015

Greetings, gang.

Cloudy and 36 degrees this morning in the remote reaches of northern Iowa. High for today is supposed to be about 46. Rain moves in tonight and plans to stay for the weekend. We could get over two inches of rain between now and Monday. I'm just glad it's rain and not snow. If the temperature was colder that would be a lot of snow.

On tap for today is some grocery shopping and laundry so I can be ready to go back to my son's place. Also nee to try to do some Christmas shopping for the grandkids.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - rtraincollector - 12-12-2015

So sad and unreal Frank.
Morning all no plans for today. Continue cleaning the garage of un-necessary boxes and packing matterial. ( think I have enough in there to ship all my trains ) ( not happening before any of you suggest )

48 out there this am going up to 75 today so need to get out and do my walk in about a hour or so. before it gets to warm.

Think I'm going to work on some trains today some from what i can see that I got in could use a re-wiring job. Thats where I do 1 wire at a time lol. ( so far 2 whistles and I think 3 engines.) Not much else going on today talk to you all later Oh yeah wife wants to goto Wally-World.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 12-12-2015

Frank, sorry to hear about that, in turn, prays are in order for sure.

Yet another day of unpacking and rearranging things so that we have some semblance of order. On a positive note, our old house was around three miles from the BNSF mainline running parallel to Grand Ave. That's the way it's been since around the '20's or '30's. Well, we are now less than a mile from Grand Ave. and, of course, the mainline, and just two blocks from an industrial spur. Right now, the spur is used mostly for bringing liquid natural gas to an underground storage facility created with the removal of a large salt deposit. It's hard to believe that they are mining salt here in the desert by flushing it out with water, then letting it evaporate. The void left is then used to store the gas which is brought in by tank cars. We are also closer to Luke AFB, a training base used for F-16's and now, F-35's. I saw a formation of four F-35's flying just to the east of us yesterday as they approached to land.

We will be busy for some time getting things the way we need them and probably longer to get use to where we are.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Charlie B - 12-12-2015

Don, I would like your new location. I vowed never to fly again, but I love seeing the military planes fly over. We have 2 C130's that fly over at treetop level every Thursday and they come and go so fast I never got a good picture. My son flies with the Air Heritage group sometimes when they take their C123K provider for flyovers. <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://airheritage.org/our-aircraft/c-123k-provider/">http://airheritage.org/our-aircraft/c-123k-provider/</a><!-- m --> and I have some pictures of it.
Frank, I am so sorry those lives were lost, it is just heartbreaking.
Tom, continued prayers for you and your son.
RT, hopes for continued progress. We will wait for you to do the 4 minute mile.

Prayers for everyone for a Merry Christmas.
Charlie

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 12-12-2015

Morning all. Extra warm and foggy. Going into the mid to high 70's [in Dec. !!!!!]. Have a great weekend.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 12-12-2015

Good Morning Blue
Cloudy going to 57.
A fun evening running our modular layout at Henry Ford's Greenfield Village.
Tonight is our club night, tomorrow I settle down at home.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 12-13-2015

Greetings, gang.

Rainy and 43 outside my window this morning. Forecast for today is rain, rain, and more rain until Tuesday.

Got all my shopping and other chores done yesterday. The only thing on tap for today is to make a pot of chili for supper tonight.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Charlie B - 12-13-2015

It's a balmy 50 here in southeast Ohio to start the morning. Weekly train watching morning with a friend, we meet at Ten and tell lies for a couple hours too. 70 is forecast for today but it looks like rain right now.
Stay safe everyone.
Charlie

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 12-13-2015

Morning all. Sunday School and Church [Christmas Cantata]. Extra warm out. Got leather jacket and heavy wool coat. Not been off the rack all this season. Haven't taken down my insulated hunting boots this season.

Tom, chili is great for chilly messy days. Warm the innards.

Hope all have a great week.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 12-14-2015

Greetings, gang.

37 and rainy right now with a predicted high of 40 and rainy. So far we have almost 3.5 inches of rain and the rain isn't supposed to stop until tonight. If we were at average temperatures for this time of year we would have a couple of feet of snow on the ground right now. Thank you El Nino.

No plans for today other than maybe the gym. Continuing prayers for those in need.

All stay safe.

Tom