The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6928)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 12-29-2015

Greetings, gang.

No sunshine here. It's cloudy, windy and 30 degrees in eastern Iowa.

Back at son's place after a couple of days in a motel to avoid traveling in the ice and snow. Two more days of radiation treatment and then wait 5 years to see if we beat it. Tomorrow he gets a feeding tube because of the weight loss. He's looking very gaunt. Very scary and hopefully the feeding tube will help. Not much else to report.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 12-30-2015

Hard rain, thunder and lightning. Wet day again.

Prayers for your son, Tom.

Hope all have a great day.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 12-31-2015

Afternoon all. Still raining. Wallbang Suppose to stop later and turn colder. Turn below freezing at nights for several days and be fair [like we are suppose to be this time of the year].

Hope all have a great New Years.

Later.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 12-31-2015

Greetings, gang.

Clear and 25 degrees tonight in eastern Iowa. Low for tonight is supposed to be about 15.

Son's feeding tube is installed. Right now he's having some pain but I think most of that will subside by tomorrow. For supper we went to visit some friends of his. Had a nice meal and watch Alabama beat Michigan St. Sorry, SJ.

The only thing we have to do tomorrow is pick up some prescriptions at Walmart. The rest of the weekend should be nice and quiet.

I hope everyone has a great 2016.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - faraway - 01-01-2016

It is a foggy new years morning and my very first year to start as a retiree. It is a new and unusual feeling not to have any mayor longterm plans anymore. The current live is very comfortable and the only intention is to keep it as long as possible that way.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ngauger - 01-01-2016

Happy New Year everyone!

Reinhard, sounds like you'll be having fun this year Smile Best of Luck to you!

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - AF350 - 01-01-2016

Happy new year all,

Kinda fell off the face of the earth for awhile Icon_lol

Holidays have come and gone, go back to work this week end.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 01-02-2016

Good morning all, I hope you New Years Day was a great one, no hangovers, lots of football and, of course, the Rose Parade. Our New Years Eve was a quiet one as usual, and we spent most of the day still trying to get settled from all our stuff that won't fit. We've had yard sales, many trips to Goodwill, several to the local landfill an even a pickup from the Vets charity, not to even mention all that we've just plain given away to others, and we still have way more stuff than we have room for. 35

It's been cold here by our standards, but there are still thousands of people coming here for the football games. Several bowl games being played here and I guess the national college finals will also be played here in about a week. We are but weeks away from baseball's spring training, and that attracts a bunch more sports fans, or some that just need an excuse to get away from the snow for a while.

I thank you all for you concern and prayers for my wife. There is little improvement, just that her meds are keeping things under control most of the time. I know I haven't said much as to what her problems are, and I'd like to keep that private for now, just to say that she needs constant care, but can get around, just that our lives will never be normal with the type of care she needs.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 01-02-2016

Morning gang. SUN is out. Turned cold. High waters everywhere. Waded to hunt last day of deer season for this season. If the cold doesn't get it tonight, I will have to mow grass [in January!!!!!!].

DAZ, continued prayers for the wife and you.

Have a great 2016 all.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 01-02-2016

HAPPY NEW YEAR BLUE
Cloudy @ 29 degrees
I watched the the ball drop, said happy new year on Facebook and went to bed.
Lots of football to watch, Michigan State was an embarrassing game to endure.
However Michigan and Ohio State did well. I still think the Buckeyes should have been in the Rose Bowl game.
I napped during half times.. Thumbsup
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 01-02-2016

Greetings, gang.

Sunny (finally) and 27 degrees in the remote reaches of northern Iowa this afternoon. That's about as warm as it's going to get today. Truth be told, I'd rather have it cloudy and warm than sunny and cold.

A very special thank you to my friends and neighbors who helped out while I was gone.

I'm home from my son's house sooner than anticipated. I had expected to be there until at least Monday. I woke up this morning with the beginnings of a cold and we both decided I should leave. With his weakened immune system it's not really safe for me to be around him. He's handling the feeding tube well which was my biggest concern. Now it's just a matter of time as he heals.

The remainder of the weekend will be rest, followed by more rest.

Continuing prayers for Don and his wife.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Sumpter250 - 01-02-2016

New Years Eve : Went out for dinner and drinks, was back home in time to watch the ball drop, and do some serious emptying ( OK not quite emptied ) a bottle of Knob Creek Bourbon.
New Years Day : Went to a gun range, with my youngest daughter and her husband. Took a Colt M1911, and a 44 caliber revolver. The first couple of rounds missed completely, after that I was able to keep the rest ,"at least on the target, if not in the center". It had been a "time" since I last fired the revolver. Was a bit surprised by how much that one "kicked back".
The Colt .45 was actually smoother and less violent.
Needless to say, not much got done on the ' tern '. :oops: Wink Icon_twisted
I'll have the modules at the " World's Greatest Hobby On Tour Chicago 2016 " show, in Schaumburg, IL. 16,17 January. 15 Jan. will be for setup. We'll take it all down and cart it all away Sunday night.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 01-03-2016

Morning all. We finally had a light frost. Unbelievable for NC.

Tom get well. Prayers for son.

Have a good one.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 01-04-2016

Greetings, gang.

Very foggy outside my window this morning. The temp is 15 headed for a high of about 22. Chances for snow will appear later in the week.

Lots of resting occurred around here over the weekend. I did get the laundry caught up but that's about all. Saturday my grandson scored his first goal in his hockey tournament. He normally plays defense but was playing offense. Very proud parents. Grandson's team won all three matches.

On tap for today is awaiting the arrival of the mailman with a batch of bills that will need to be payed. Otherwise mostly continuing resting.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - faraway - 01-04-2016

Have been shopping to refill the fridge this morning in a small city named "Calw". It is a county seat covering some parts of the northers black forrest and I drove through first "snow" this year :o Looks like the extreme long and warm fall is finally over and the winter has begun here in south west Germany too.