The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6928)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 01-04-2016

Afternoon. Dr's apt. All OK. Then rush back for meeting with DA. The fire thing just before Christmas. The Mom did it. Massive explosion as drenched kid and herself with gasoline. Sad. Now County meetings and Town Board. Turned cloudy and cold.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - nachoman - 01-04-2016

I hate it when I finally have time to resume working on a project, only to find I have misplaced one of the parts Eek Wallbang

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 01-05-2016

Greetings, gang.

It's a partly cloudy 19 this morning in the remote reaches of northern Iowa this morning. High for today is supposed to be in the upper 20s.

Frank - how sad.

Had a quiet day yesterday. The postal service delivered a nice batch of bills to be paid. Today I plan to attend a group grief counseling session at the local hospice house. They meet once a month on the first Tuesday. I had originally planned to start this process back in September but that was before my son was diagnosed. You just keep putting one foot in front of the other.

CNN and Weather Underground have implemented a policy which I really don't like. In order to view anything on their web sites you have to have cookies enabled.. If I need information from them I turn on cookies, get the info, turn off cookies, and immediately delete any cookies they have left behind. Curse

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 01-05-2016

Morning. Cold [finally]. Say warming later this week but..... RAIN. We actually had snow for a few minutes yesterday afternoon while I was at the pond destroying the beaver dam in the spillway. Remove it out, they build it back, remove it and so on for a while. Then they give up. Or, I shoot them. Causing tree damage so the end result is to shoot one. The others will leave. Sad but hardheaded.

Then last night driving home from County Commissioners, snowed good for about an hour. Never stuck. Was a dry blowing snow. Real windy.

Off to a lunch downtown Raleigh, Will be a cold walk from the deck to the restaurant.

Back to pond this afternoon to remove rebuilt beaver dam [I am sure].

High today mid 30's.

Tom, I remember you and your "struggles". Hang in there. How lucky some people are. Then have something like that. Unbelievable.

Later.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 01-06-2016

Morning all. Everyone frozen up??? 21 degrees here. Warming to a mid 40's. Off to a meeting downtown Raleigh. Have a good one.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 01-06-2016

Greetings, gang.

Cloudy and 30 headed for icky and 33. Freezing drizzle, snow, and sleet predicted for the remote reaches of northern Iowa today and tonight. Could be a real mess.

Stuffed up rather than frozen up. Cold is really making itself felt. Cough, sore throat, sneezing, sinus plugged, boy aches, etc. Gonna be a long day.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 01-06-2016

Good Morning Blue
Sun and 35 for today.
Granny is cleaning the living and dinning rooms. Yes down to the walls cleaning.
I moved the circle of Flyer track into another room as I want to watch them a while longer before they get put away.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - nachoman - 01-06-2016

I found the part I was missing. Turns out it was in one of the first places I looked, and looked in at least two more times Smile Somehow I kept overlooking it Wallbang Spent the better part of two days searching. Time wasn't all wasted, though, I did get a little cleaning and organizing done in the process Smile

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 01-07-2016

Greetings, gang.

Foggy and 32 this morning. High for today is supposed to be 34 with an overnight low tonight of 33. Snow, drizzle, and freezing drizzle along with the fog will make for an unpleasant 48 hours. When all the precipitation is over the bottom will be falling out of the thermometer. Lows by Sunday should be below zero.

Not much accomplished yesterday. Still battling the cold. No plans for today.

Kevin - welcome to the club. I think we've all had similar incidents.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 01-07-2016

Good morning all, wet and chilly. Much snow up north, lots of rain down south and around here. El Nino has been wrecking havoc here in the west, lots of flood rescues both here and on the west coast. Rain forecast though the middle of next week and the national championship football game hooplah is in jeopardy of getting washed out. The game itself is being played in a domed stadium, so no risk of getting wet there, just that it's best to get a close-in parking space. Goldth

nachoman Wrote:I found the part I was missing. Turns out it was in one of the first places I looked, and looked in at least two more times Smile Somehow I kept overlooking it Wallbang Spent the better part of two days searching. Time wasn't all wasted, though, I did get a little cleaning and organizing done in the process Smile
Funny how that happens, sometimes you have to wonder if these missing parts have a mind of their own and use it to play games with you.... Crazy Crazy

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 01-08-2016

Misty and chilly. Cough, snort, cough, snort and blow nose. Yes, got a cold.

Tom, stay warm and dry.

Later.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 01-09-2016

Greetings, gang.

Cloudy and 7 degrees this morning with no hope for warmer temps today. Low tomorrow morning will be -7. No warm weather in sight until the middle of next week.

Kleenex has become my new best friend. No other news to report.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 01-09-2016

Good Morning Blue
Rainy 40s today.
Temp will be dropping below 32 for the next week. Some snow expected tomorrow.
Club meet tonight, with decent weather I expect there will be a good attendance.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 01-10-2016

Greetings, gang.

Baby it's cold outside! Right now it's -9 with a wind chill of -23. high for today is supposed to be +5. The NWS is predicting a "warming trend" for tomorrow with a high of 16. Not sure how they can call it a trend because it only lasts for one day before cooling off again on Tuesday with a predicted high of +7.

Today starts day 3 of not setting foot outside the house. Just too darn cold. There's even a sack of trash by the back door waiting for warmer weather before it is moved to the proper receptacle.

All stay safe (and warm).

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 01-10-2016

FiatFan Wrote:Kleenex has become my new best friend.
Tom

Got boxes sitting at everywhere I go. Fever and congestion. Stayed in all day yesterday and will today.

Sun is coming out. Suppose to be real windy.