The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6928)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - rtraincollector - 01-10-2016

Morning all
Not much going on here have a couple of honey do list things I want to get done today. Need to work on a prewar whistle but don't really know where to start lol. Wish had one that worked so I could use as example as a couple of things just don't look quite right on the wiring on this but not sure. Okay just looked I have one coming in so will wait. one good thing about buying trains sometimes you buy what you need as a teaching piece lol. I knew I had a 1689 tender coming in but forgot it was a whistle one.

Hope all have a good day today talk to you all later

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - teejay - 01-10-2016

Mornin' Guys ................our very first snowfall of the year and it's coming down pretty good . The power went out this morning Eek Eek Eek but fortunately only for 2 hours or so .........temp in the house got down to 60 !

I'm continuing on my little layout and will have to post some more progress pics soon .

T

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - AF350 - 01-10-2016

Good afternoon all.

Snow and wind here at the moment, temperatures here have been fluctuating last few weeks warm then cool and then warm again and lots of rain as well.

Work is going well, health is fair, been packing up trains for storage so I can do some layout work(wiring and acquiring operating accessories) also well be looking at getting some old projects done as well (coaling tower, station detailing, and maybe the pizza box thing). Too much stuff on layout to do some work at the moment.

A major mishap in my end of town a truck tore up an over pass as it passed under closing both roads was supposed to be back open Monday but weather may delay it.

Christmas was ok, I got a canvas painting with a lighted locomotive head light and a bunch of Lionel ornaments, the rest was needed work shirts and some socks.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - BR60103 - 01-10-2016

We're not home now. Yesterday we managed to get to a local club open house and a largish train show. I did pass up the Prototype Modellers Mett as it would have taken all weekend.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - rtraincollector - 01-11-2016

Morning all. Time to rize and shine. 28 going to 48 today. Not much planned for today seeing Closing got post-pone I'm guessing until next week sometime. Can't be Friday of this week is all I know as I have DR.'s appointment in Aiken in the morning unless it would be late afternoon like 2 or so.

Shame to hear about David Bowie I wasn't a big follower of his music but it was good.

Hope all have a good Monday it appears old man winter has finally settled in for a while.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 01-11-2016

Good morning all, a bit chilly around here but the rains have stopped for now. I guess they're having mercy on all those out-of-state football fans that are here for the big game tonight. The Cardinal's stadium is just a few miles down the freeway from us and we tend to stay off that freeway during any football game, freeways are bad enough on a normal day, but on game day....forgetaboutit..... Crazy Traffic is bad enough around here and soon it'll be baseball and spring training, that's when the surface streets get backed up. In a few months it's going to be even more fun when they shut down a major intersection for eight months while they build an overpass. We need that overpass, especially since it will go over the BNSF tracks (which really cause long traffic backups all day), but they haven't given us a clue as to where they're going to route the traffic during that time, especially since you have to cross the tracks if you're heading east. Even then, it'll take them close to another year after the roads reopen to finish the project. I look to pull out of my driveway to get in the line that's backed up to there in order to just get on one of those roads since those are the only two that can get you out of town.

We are still unpacking, trying to pace ourselves to two or three boxes a day. I saw a box labeled, "train room" yesterday. It was on the bottom of a stack and probably has my structures in it. I wonder how many of them got crushed after the movers piled boxes of books on top. :o It's still going to be a good year before I can get back to modeling, but there's hope and a spare room I can use when I do.... Applause

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 01-11-2016

Morning all. Rafter chilly here [cold]. Yuz giz up north have it worse. Speaking of cold. Mine is not getting better. Been in for days. As you know, that is not me.

Hope all have a great week ahead.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 01-11-2016

Greetings, gang.

Partly cloudy and 12 this afternoon in the remote reaches of northern Iowa. That's about as warm as it's going to get today. Tonight the winds pick up and the temp goes in the deep freeze again for tomorrow.

I've been very productive today. Went to the gym, did some grocery shopping, made a stop at the bank, and now I have a beef rib in the crock pot. I'll be making some parsley potatoes and a veggie for supper tonight.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 01-12-2016

Morning all. Went to Dr. and got some good meds. Seems the old left lung pneumonia thingy is back. Only very slight. Will get that fixed with breathing treatments and meds. Staying in.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - rtraincollector - 01-12-2016

Morning all. Cold down here. SJ I know you don't like it but you don't have to share it because you don't you share things you do like not the things you don't. It's 30 going to 53 today.

Wife wants me to move this heavy hutch type thing she bought that we temporary put in the garage but I pinched a nerve or something in my left shoulder yesterday some how. We will see as the day moves on.

Bought like 25-30 pounds of ground beef yesterday and about 16 pounds of sausage to make spaghetti sauce and some meatballs all so out of it. So I have my work cut out for me already today.

Not much else planned for today so guess that's enough to get me started breakfast first then Spaghetti and meat balls next.

Talk to you all later hope you all have a good day.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 01-12-2016

Hello Blue
Some overnight snow, enough to shovel.
20 degrees and windy.
A good club meet Saturday evening and my Flyer Royal Blue has been fixed. Don't have it back yet though.
Cold Wednesday high of 19.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - rtraincollector - 01-13-2016

Morning all Happy hump day for you still working. Hope all stay warm and dry today. Made 22 QTs of spaghetti sauce yesterday, 60+ meat balls and a peach pie. Today I'm going to use the rest of the meat to make some more sloppy Joe for the Freezer. Probably get about 5 or 6 QTs out of that and be done. Waiting for some more packages to come in but there dwindling as to how many are left and I've back off for a while not buying 3 or 4 trains a night any more Icon_lol not even one a night maybe one every 3 or 4 nights getting down there lol. Not much else going on here talk to you all later

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 01-13-2016

Greetings, gang.

Sunny and 16 outside my window this morning. High for today is supposed to be in the upper 20s.

Not much on the agenda for yesterday or today. A trip to the gym is about all.

Frank - take care and listen to the doctor.

RT - how about sharing that pie!

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 01-14-2016

Greetings, gang.

28 and sunny outside my window this morning. High for today is supposed to be in the upper 30s. Then tomorrow the wind switches to the north and the temperature starts to slide. By Sunday morning the low is supposed to be -13 with wind chills near -30.

Today I need to get out and about to stock up. I don't plan to go anywhere once the temperature starts to drop.

All stay safe.

Tlom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 01-14-2016

Morning. Feeling better. Went to orthopedic Dr. yesterday for shoulder pain I've had for months. Nothing bad. An anti-inflammatory med and physical therapy will fix. Got apt Monday with lady physical therapist. Got several follow-ups. How many depends how pretty she is. Eek Wink

27 this AM but already 43. Going to mind 50's. Got a lunch meeting right up the street at great seafood restaurant. Will get out for that for sure.

Hope all are doing OK. Prayers for DAZ and Tom.

Later.