The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6928)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 01-15-2016

Morning. Rain on the way. Feeling a lot better. Got a couple of errands to run before it gets here. Let me run. Have a good one.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 01-15-2016

Greetings, gang.

It's a cloudy, breezy, cool day in the remote reaches of northern Iowa this morning. Right now it's 19 degrees headed for 15 by late this afternoon with winds up to 20 mph. Not gonna be a good weekend. Our beloved National Weather Service is predicting a low by Sunday morning of -19. Another good weekend to stay indoors.

No major plans for today other than to get the car washed.

Frank - glad to hear you're feeling better.

Continued prays for Don and his wife.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Charlie B - 01-15-2016

I got a new computer and it runs win 7. My laptop is 8.1. Everything is different and I am thinking I may just quit going on line. The search function in 7 and 8 sucks. Folks say it is better than XP, but I can instantly find the pictures I want with XP where 7 gives me a lot of bad results unless I put filters in the search line.
If I want to go back to basic programing I think it would be easier. I have resisted the change for as long as I could and the email programs available are junk.
I hope I can figure things out but so far not much good has happened. I can't even get the win 7 picture resizer to work and that is one of my most used tools in XP
Charlie

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 01-16-2016

Greetings, gang.

Partly cloudy and 3 degrees outside my window this morning. The high for today is supposed to be 4 so I guess the sun doesn't have to work too hard today.

Got the car washed yesterday and went to the gym. For the first time in many months I managed to get to the gym every day this week. It is working as I have managed to drop 4 pounds. Still have 10 to go.

Nothing on tap for today. This evening I'll be going to some friends house for supper and (possibly) an adult beverage or two. If conditions are right I may even have a third one!.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 01-16-2016

Good Morning Blue
Yesterday's 40 degrees and afternoon rain got rid of most of the snow.
I can see green grass again. Cold next week but no big storms forecast.
Heading out soon to setup modular layout for the areas biggest show tomorrow.
They give us lots of room so we layout everything we got track wise.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 01-16-2016

Morning all. Sunny and 51 [big change from yesterday]. Big change coming tomorrow. May have some white flurries. Monday highs in the 30's.

Have a great weekend.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Charlie B - 01-16-2016

cold and light snow here today. 3 days work setting up a computer lost because it has some malfunction that won't allow some programs to install. Packaged up and going back. I will stay with this one for a while yet then go direct to the laptop.
Have a great remainder of the weekend.
Charlie

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 01-18-2016

Greetings, gang.

Cloudy and cold in the remote reaches of northern Iowa this morning. Right now it's 0 with a predicted high of about 7. Our overnight low was -9. Gradually warming over the next couple of days with 2 inches of snow predicted for tomorrow night.

Had a very qui9et day yesterday. I did get a call from one of my daughters. Her son's hockey team won all four of their games over the weekend and have a nice shiny first place trophy to take home. Not much on tap for today other than a trip to the gym.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 01-18-2016

Morning all. Cold and windy. Had big frost this AM. Had snow yesterday that lasted a few hours. Got some appointments at Dr.'s today. Maintenance thingys.

Tom, congrats to Grandson.

All stay warm.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 01-18-2016

Good Morning Blue
Bright sun and 12 degrees. No snow though. I love seeing the green grass.
It turns brown about early March and then comes back.
Tired from yesterdays biggest local train show but everyone liked seeing the trains run.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Sumpter250 - 01-18-2016

Monday !!
Spent the weekend at the "World's Greatest Hobby on Tour" show at the convention center at Schaumburg, IL. Just got finished breaking down and storing the trailer in the garage ( so I can get the car back in there ), and got all the modules back down in the basement. Waiting for the Aleve to kick in and relieve the back ache.
I have some "re-constructing" to do, to get the dual gauge track-work to split off the HOn3 from the HO standard gauge, with a little less problems. The angle of the diverging tracks appears to be too sharp to allow smooth operation, so wasn't able to operate that area during this last weekend's show. It has always been "touchy", and I suspect temperature caused expansion and contraction, added to the sharpness of the curves, may have caused the problems.
Everything else at the show went perfectly, so it was far more a success than a failure.
We ( Lake County Society of Modular Engineers ) are scheduled to be part of the High Wheeler Train Show, sponsored by the Fox Valley Division of the NMRA , on March 5 and 6 2016, at Harper College, in Palatine, Il. Hoping to have the problems resolved by then.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 01-19-2016

Morning all. Tom, 17 degrees!!!!!!!!!!!! Close the door. Flurries Wed. and maybe some Yankee mess Friday and Sat. WHAT!!!! Yankees love to share their miseries.

Off to physical therapy. Hope she is a looker.

Back and then the cold walk down town to County Commissioners. Ending with a SHORT Town Board meeting.

ICE, bought two boxes of Little Debbies Valentines last night in your name.

Stay warm all.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 01-20-2016

Good morning all, chilly around here by our standards, but the forecast calls for mid-70's by the end of the week. Our highs have been in the mid to high 60's, but several mornings I've found frost on our windshield. Lots of snow up in the high country and skiers are having a ball there. Getting ready for yet another onslaught of visitors with the golf tournament and a bunch of auto auctions coming up, then in a few weeks comes spring training....

They're fixing up a bunch of roads around our area and now I know why. When the shut down Bell Rd. to build that overpass, (the busiest road in the Phoenix area) for eight months, the bypass is going to be less than a mile north of us, a road that we take several times a day to get our of our neighborhood. Wallbang Not only that, they'll have one less lane in each direction so I can just imagine us not able to go anywhere during the day. Traffic is bad enough with three lanes open, you can only guess how bad it'll get with just two. Crazy Oh joy! Well, they're going to wait until after spring training is over before they start construction. :wait:

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 01-20-2016

Greetings, gang.

Another cloudy day in progress here in the remote reaches of northern Iowa. 16 degrees right now headed for 23. Very typical January weather.

Nothing exciting happening here. Just checking in to say hi.

Don - with all your cold weather do you have your down filled coat out yet? 357

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 01-20-2016

Morning. Warming to 26 degrees. I think I moved to Iowa in the last few days. Eek Snow flurries that may result in accumulation today. Nope Got a lunch with future DIL. After that, I'm staying in. Don't need to "reset" pneumonia. Have a good one.