The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6928)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 07-27-2014

Your chances of winning are about the same as being struck by lightning three times in a row on a sunny day.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 07-27-2014

Good morning. It's 80° with 91% humidity. It'll be sunny with a high of 95°.
[Image: cond026.gif]

Nothing much going on today. Still recovering from yesterday. I don't have any plans so I'll probably watch a movie (got 'Earthquake in New York' on right now) then go through a mission or two on Star Fleet 1. I'd like to work on the layout but I know from bitter experience what will happen if I do. I have to get my physical and medical problems sorted out before I can do anything on it. I don't know. I may just end up having it torn down.

[Image: P1010015.jpg]

[Image: P1010014.jpg]

[Image: P1010007.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 07-27-2014

Good Morning Blue
We have cloudy skies with a forecast of storms and 81 later today.
Did a little more work in the train room yesterday and of course had to run something.
I still got some things done though.
No big plans for today.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 07-27-2014

Morning all. No chance of rain forecasted. Suddenly changed to 50% chance. It is 50%ing all over the yard. Hard rain with some thunder. 357
Back from Sunday School. Off to the gro as soon as rain stops.

Wifey ran out in rain and broadcasted stuff to get moles. Don't have many but suddenly one has tunneled all over a spot in the back.

RB, get well.

Have a great week ahead.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Steamtrains - 07-27-2014

ezdays Wrote:Now, I don't want this to sound sarcastic or anything, Nope but I've just got a very good chance of winning $5,000 a week for life, or as a consolation prize, $1,000.000 cash (no purchase necessary). And the odds this year are better than ever that I will win. Thumbsup I
I thought the odds were pretty bad, but geeze......

I enter those sweepstakes every time they come around...Haven't got a plugged penny for my efforts... :evil:

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 07-27-2014

Running Bear Wrote:Your chances of winning are about the same as being struck by lightning three times in a row on a sunny day.

I'm not sure that they're that good. Nope They are almost in the realm of incalculable, so I think they just took a guess at 1,500,000,000 to 1 because the law says they need to.

Steamtrains Wrote:I enter those sweepstakes every time they come around...Haven't got a plugged penny for my efforts... :evil:
Sometimes there are so many pieces of paper and so many rules that I just toss the whole package. This time though there were only four stickers to paste and they were easy to find. One time they sent me a self-stamped envelope, and that was a no-brainer. Thumbsup

ezdays Wrote:
Running Bear Wrote:Your chances of winning are about the same as being struck by lightning three times in a row on a sunny day.

I'm not sure that they're that good. Nope They are almost in the realm of incalculable, so I think they just took a guess at 1,500,000,000 to 1 because the law says they need to.
Well maybe seven times in a row then.

Good evening. At 86° and 71% humidity it's a warm but damp evening out there. The sky is very clear, hardly a cloud anywhere to be seen. The constellations are bright and more than ever I wish I had a telescope. I've been thinking about the future of my modeling today and I've come to a decision. It's very difficult for me to work on the layout anymore so when I feel up to it I'm going to tear it down. It's serving no purpose other than to remind me of things I can't do anymore.

[Image: P1010005.jpg]

[Image: P1010003.jpg]

[Image: P1010001.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 07-28-2014

Good morning. It's 76° with 99% humidity. It'll be cloudy with a less than fair chance of showers and thunderstorms. The high will be 94°.
[Image: pcloudy-1.jpg] with [Image: cond30.jpg]

Today I'll be waiting on the Home Health nurse to call. The wound vac is out of the picture until a doc does a reevaluation. Standard wet to dry dressings are being used now and those have to be changed every day. The nurse will change them on Monday and Friday. I'll change them Tuesday thru Thursday and Saturday and Sunday.

On tearing the layout down, that'll probably be done when I feel up to it. When that will be I don't know. Right now just moving causes pain and I'm not going to do anything that requires pushing, pulling or lifting if I can help it. It could be next month or next year but eventually it'll happen unless something changes that allows me to be able to work on it again. Right now I just can't see what that could be.

Outside of getting the dressings on my foot changed I have no plans. The site of the latest toe amputation appears to be healing very well. I don't know yet when the stitches will be taken out. They've been in for just over a week now.

[Image: IMAG0009.jpg]

[Image: IMAG0017.jpg]

[Image: IMAG0007.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 07-28-2014

Good morning everyone, ready for a new week? I'm not sure I am yet, I'm awake but my body thinks otherwise... There's rain in the forecast for all week. We had a bit on Saturday, but apparently, there are those on the east side of town that really got slammed. Trees down on houses and cars, roofs ripped off from the wind and after that, there could be rain, sometimes a little, sometimes a whole lot. Typical for this time of the year here.

RB, sorry about your having to back off on your layout. Hang in there, things could change for the better in time. You might want to think about doing dioramas instead for now. You can do those sitting at a table or bench and as I'm finding out, you can get just as much pleasure in doing them. I've transferred several structures to my layout years after doing them as a diorama, so you can get the best of both worlds without pushing your physical limits.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 07-28-2014

Morning. Sunny and warm [forecast was partly cloudy and chance of showers this AM. No joke. Look out the window lady!].

Early to Mayor's job. Greeting kids at Camp Care [PD run camp on drugs and alcohol prevention]. Big crowd of kids.

Meetings and American Legion blood donation.

Thanks to all of you workers as you make my SS check come on time.

Daz, saw on CBS news this AM, big dust storm. WOW

RB, get well buddy.

Later

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 07-28-2014

Good Morning Blue
Cloudy and 61, forecast for the week is 70s, should be close to 90 this time of year.
A nasty storm yesterday evening blew down trees and of course a whole heap of power lines.
Power outages all over the place.
I did get to see the Avengers and Columbo before the cable went out at 10pm. Five hours after the storm.
But it could have been shut down to fix something.
No plans for this gloomy day.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - BR60103 - 07-28-2014

RB. Is pain when you move better than no feeling at all?

EZ. I claim that the probability of winning the lottery is, to 6 decimal places, the same whether you buy a ticket or not. Then, a few years ago 3 gauges won lotteries they hadn't entered.

Billions to one odds sounds like the number of mailings to the number of wins ... If everyone in the US gets an entry, that makes 7 or so contests before someone wins???

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 07-28-2014

BR60103 Wrote:RB. Is pain when you move better than no feeling at all?
Only places I have no pain is my hands/lower arms, left foot and lower part of my left leg. All other joints hurt almost all the time and nerves feel like I have an itching or burning pain depending on what I'm doing. I take meds to help handle the symptoms so I can have some comfort. If you know anything about diabetes, diabetic neuropathy, meningitis and progressive autonomic nerve damage you have a clue as to what I deal with every day.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 07-28-2014

BR60103 Wrote:...EZ. I claim that the probability of winning the lottery is, to 6 decimal places, the same whether you buy a ticket or not. Then, a few years ago 3 gauges won lotteries they hadn't entered.

Billions to one odds sounds like the number of mailings to the number of wins ... If everyone in the US gets an entry, that makes 7 or so contests before someone wins???

I would really be suspicious of "winning" a lottery that I didn't enter. Usually, they ask for upfront money to pay "taxes" or other fees. I would tell them to take it out of the money before they mail me a check.

As far as the odds go, these are the stated odds, I guess they are required to calculate that based on some criteria. That could be the number of expected returns, or as you say, the number of mailing that they send out. I doubt that they would ever say how they arrived at that number, Nope but being in the ten digits, that along should put the USPO in black ink.... Smile

I didn't get a whole lot accomplished today. Just watched some TV and got the dressings on my foot changed. Had lunch with my father and step mother. A combination sausage and pepperoni pizza. That was about it. I have a doc appointment in the morning so that's the morning pretty much shot.

Time to call it a night. See y'all tomorrow.

[Image: P1010003.jpg]

[Image: P1010023.jpg]

[Image: P1010021.jpg]